Network contractor

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
This is a long shot, but I am aware that quite a few people that remain on this forum work in the tech industry, so I thought someone might know someone who would be interested.

As some of you are aware I work in scientific computing and am in charge of providing the UK share of computing resources for the LHC experiments at CERN. I am running a project to upgrade my projects core network and am looking for some additional contractor effort to add to the team (any time from now till April 2021). We are aiming to build a layer 3 routed Spine/Leaf network, which will need to support multiple 100Gb/s to CERN and JANET (UK Universities). I am about to place an order for ~£250k worth of Mellanox switches which will be installed and cabled up by the supplier. I "just" need someone to configure them (the other two people will help). While this is obviously public sector work, I can (for once) pay genuinely competitive market rates. The datacentre is in Oxfordshire which is ~1 hour commute from West London.

There is meant to be an agency recruiting contractors on my behalf but they are pretty shit at locating good candidates. If I have a named person I can get the agency to contact them directly.

Any constructive suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Thank you both. I can obviously provide a lot more detail if required, I just didn't want to put that all on a public forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom