Question Netbook/Laptop Battery Life?

rynnor

Rockhound
Is it better to deplete the battery regularly n recharge v just running off the mains?

Also does completely draining a laptop battery cause it harm?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I've always thought it was the same as any modern battery, deplete then recharge, use the mains and remove the battery where possible.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Deplete and recharge is good practice for Nickel based batteries, for Lithium based batteries keeping it regularly topped up is the best method (as far as I recall). It is possible to overcharge them and harm the life of the battery but I'm pretty sure that modern batteries are designed to know when they're full and stop charging when they run off the mains. Still, either way it can't hurt to unplug the battery and just use it off the mains when possible.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
they are supposed to be that way but, but pretty dont dont, we shift a few lappys and always have punters coming back for a new battery, doesn't matter its dell/hp/tosh/acer ive had an dell tablet lappy for over a year, tho batteries almost always removed and charged day before i take it out. 3 peeps with the same lappy as me have been back for replacements.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Just charge it in the same way you would charge your mobile phone. Let it run down somewhat, then top it back up again. They both run on Lithium polymer batteries so the same idea works for both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom