Nerf!!!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Don't really understand 39 crossbow even for an Armsman wanting to spec crossbow, may as well do it properly and go full 50 crossbow, 42 shield and rest slash i'd of thought. If for some reason I wanted to try crossbow thats what i'd use.

Personally I still hit for 150-300 damage with my 15 ish crossbow spec depending on the enemy class and bolt type.

It will be fun for dealing with kiters but its a bit of a joke compared to some of the abilities other classes are getting.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Personally I still hit for 150-300 damage with my 15 ish crossbow spec depending on the enemy class and bolt type.
I can attest to that :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Well presumably you can get 50 weapon 42 shield 39 crossbow 6 parry or there abouts without sacrificing too much? :)

jimmythepost

Loyal Freddie
he he

Flimgoblin said:
Well presumably you can get 50 weapon 42 shield 39 crossbow 6 parry or there abouts without sacrificing too much? :)

hi guys exactly flimgoblin spot on

i manage to get to R5 L6 with this spec and probs will go to 50 xbow to see if it improves,

btw thread was not about me, but i still love the banter

sendraks knows be better than most in this game and he spot on i do play this game for fun.

your m8 and mine jimmythepost co-gm knights of the :cheers: roundtable

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think that left any room for further discussion. :worthy:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
tested crossbow range the other day - with flight bolts it's 1500 - same as nukes (except for toa range bonuses which I've yet to see any of on a crossbow :()

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
arms are best speccing 2h/slash/shield, get stlong utility then, crossbow dmg is so insignificant that its better used as an interrupt tool. when i played infil in rvr grps(along time ago before fotm classes and shit) the best use for it was to interrupt loads of people while i was rooted etc :)

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie

I think this is alot about shame coz Jimmy killed a few posters here with X-bow , prolly that's the reason why they flame him.

I have seen Jimmy in action both emain and Odin's...

And when I check irc there use to be some healer/dr00d saying "damn got interupted by some x-bow all the time on that fight"

I have had the honor to draw sword by Jimmys side once and we had great fun so respect all players whatever their spec is.

ShivaW

Fledgling Freddie
I do around 100-120 hit with xbow of my infil (Buffed), and she only have lvl 1 on xbow, and jimmy do 180 hit with lvl 39 on xbow.... :eek7:

maybe can be uber with 50 xbow when Snapshot inc? :twak:

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Cant take the piss out of jimmys spec....(yes he sells me and my father dodgy cigarettes ;) ) but it just hits me as a bit strange, why use an xbow when ya can get up close and personal with a sword and board and/or 2H/Polearm....and do more dmg?

I mean can ya stun,bleed, snare, hinder with an xbow? ;)

Granted it is usefull the occassional fg vs fg fight but when your up against 8 fg of mushrooming hibbies and then 8 fgs of middies come in for the sandwich that little xbow is gonna be a liability to yourself.... especially with Jimmys draw time, which cant be that small him being a highlander, unless hes capped out quickness which would be strange with swing dmg modifyers etc.....

Granted it is a great tool for leeching :), which is what arms are gonna be doing for a long time by the looks of how things are going with our asshole TL beta testing WoW, and Mythic assuming we are finished complete class (how did they come to that conclusion? When have arms ever been FOTM or Uber in any sort of way?).

Dunno would be interesting if he lvled a scout up me thinks..... would pay to see that, jimmythescout soloing mid str relic keeps ;)

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Errr snapshot is getting changed? WTF.... errr grats Jimmy I guess if its true..... might even get group haste as RR5 freebie if the rumors are true off VN ....Uzi xbow time I guess ;)

snapshot is gone due to my suggestion.. I am looking into what they are choosing as it's replacement..

BTW I have requested that snapshot be a skill gained at level 35 as a normal part of playing the character.

Mors posted that, whether you trust him or not, the guy is a habbitual liar and if snapshot is indeed getting changed then its because of the thousands of arms (me inc.) who posted Mythic feedback basically telling them they can shove snapshit straight up their fat corporate asses....... Id rather have Hannibal Lecter as the arms TL tbh, least he'd give mythic a good run for their money, get us some patches..... and at least we wouldnt have to worry about him unless he was wielding a can opener...

Heres the link - http://www.meatshield.com/boards/sh...page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=186&fpart=1&vc=1

And yet its still on pendragon as the armsmans class defining RA..... hmmmm

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Doesnt matter about spec as long as the person playing is having fun.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:
why use an xbow when ya can get up close and personal with a sword and board and/or 2H/Polearm....and do more dmg?

precisely because you can't always do that, if your rooted, snared or whatever you can't reach the enemy but you can still take an action. Now you could just stand there looking nice and shiney whilst the enemy runs of and starts casting spells, or you could pull out the crossbow and piss them of instead. At the very least you will interrupt them, and best you will finish them off, either way you will achieve something.

As Rulke made referance to above, I use my bow simply to do more damage when my movement is disabled and to keep the enemy in combat therefore stopping them getting speed back up to escape.

I don't consider it a viable means of a main attack but I sure as hell think crossbows are useful, I just wish the range was better.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Obscurity said:
39 in xbow does the same dam as 10 in xbow so if you spec the 39 your not bright in your head.

If you can't understand someone speccing because they enjoy it, then I'd say you're the one who aint very bright ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
jimmythepost said:
hi guys exactly flimgoblin spot on

i manage to get to R5 L6 with this spec and probs will go to 50 xbow to see if it improves,

btw thread was not about me, but i still love the banter

sendraks knows be better than most in this game and he spot on i do play this game for fun.

your m8 and mine jimmythepost co-gm knights of the :cheers: roundtable

:worthy:

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Stop running away from me and i'll put the crossbow down :p
I'd rather the 150 from the xbow than the 600 from the pointy stick :/

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
precisely because you can't always do that, if your rooted, snared or whatever you can't reach the enemy but you can still take an action. Now you could just stand there looking nice and shiney whilst the enemy runs of and starts casting spells, or you could pull out the crossbow and piss them of instead. At the very least you will interrupt them, and best you will finish them off, either way you will achieve something.

Yeah m8 my point was that you dont need to spec xbow to do that, you can interupt with 1 in xbow, and with the puny 12 in xbow that I have it still does a fair amount of dmg (equal to Jimmytheposts according to him).....

Plus with det and purge cc isnt that much of a problem that you have to change your spec to defeat it.

But just out of interest... can ya use the xbow while grappled?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:
But just out of interest... can ya use the xbow while grappled?

Been trying to test that actually but obviously need that right situration first.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Drav said:
Yeah m8 my point was that you dont need to spec xbow to do that, you can interupt with 1 in xbow, and with the puny 12 in xbow that I have it still does a fair amount of dmg (equal to Jimmytheposts according to him).....

given equal other stats/target/buffs/etc. you will do more damage with 39 xbow than 12.

How much more would require some detailed testing ;)

Keffo

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz to useless post #28234 and Whine #3949 Jox!

Don't lock this plz!!!!11

Knoll

Fledgling Freddie
ofc we want lock this thread cause its so useful and full of invigorating ideas and such so lets keep it open since its so full of ideas.....

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:
can ya use the xbow while grappled?

I havent been able to when grappled, though ofc that may have been because usually when grappled its accompanied by a rapid amount of pbaoe :p

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Cyclodia said:
Why does he not make a scout if he has 39 in xbow?

Really waste of points arsman need to dual spec to get some good damage and he puts 39 in xbow ROFL.

define dual spec in an armsman lol

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Thorondorito said:
define dual spec in an armsman lol

Think he means spend twice the points an hero or warrior need to use to get the same dmg as hero and less dmg than warrior. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom