Nerf Wives!!

D

-Dreama-

without having read the whole thread, only the initial post I'll say this.

To the wife..LEAVE HIM!

Any man who would rather play a GAME than spend time with his family deserves to be ALONE.

My god man, are you that stupid? You chose a game rather than going to bed with your wife. That is beyond SAD!

F

flue

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Methinks you missed the point of daoc in your example there :)

Create her a little level 1 character and let her play it, then she'll ding 2 and get to buy things for it, spec it more, get new toys. Try not to interfere too much, be there to help but don't take control.

That's the point of daoc - you create a character and build it up. Not "you hit mindless things till you hit 50" ;)

thats the key make her a lvl 1 then say look ill show you if you give me 1 hour then show her how to play her new lvl 1

after she dings lvl 2 show her the shops hehe then show her she can buy dyes for her clothes ect women shops and accesorizing = problem solved if not just buy her a 12 " dildo and tell to to go play

D

Driwen

Originally posted by -Dreama-

To the wife..LEAVE HIM!

Any man who would rather play a GAME than spend time with his family deserves to be ALONE.

My god man, are you that stupid? You chose a game rather than going to bed with your wife. That is beyond SAD!

a person must have some time for himself or atleast away from the family or atleast most people do:). Most men go drinking with their buddy's or go play some sport or ofc watch sports ;), some play games :). Now this is apparently so important to him that he would rather stay up than go to bed along with his wife (which might not be so adventurous anymore). This isnt sad of him, it is probably a sad situation they are in and they should probably find some middleground :). I find it sad of the wife that she doesnt allow him to spend some time on this game during the day and forces him to do it in the night.

O

osy

To the wife..LEAVE HIM!

He's been yanking the poor woman for years now. DAoC is a fresh relationship, only 1.5 years old :)

C

[CT] Sock

Originally posted by old.Glendower
Ir you dont share common interests to the point of toleration, and you are getting constantly nagged at, you may as well just go get another gal ...try and find one that you get along with better, there are millions to choose from! Best do it while you are young enough to still have time to train one properly (and vice-vers, hehehe)

beleive me, with that crap, DAoC is just an excuse, and if it isn't that it is something else.

Have you tried "STFU and let me play!!!"? After all, it is your free time, and you have a right to spend it as you please.

ROFL!!!

And I would guess you're VERY much single - right?

:D

A

Annouk

Only started playing to see more of my bf, and its true that it has the added bonus that i always know where he is wen he isnt with me.

He plays a bit more than i do but i would say we both love the game about the same just i have studying and stuff to do as well. Means we have a shared interest but dont share all the same freinds online so always have something to talk about wen we do get together.

And trust me if ur bf/gf has also been ur GM it can lead to some very interesting situations offline ;)

S

Silenzio

the secret?

Love, Passion, u know a good relation is made on fire :p

btw just talk, and plainly explain :)

if doesn't work... than relax n put some musik on :)

L

-Lillo-

To the wife..LEAVE HIM!

erm, lol.
He says that, no matter when he plays, its never good.

He enjoys playing DAOC, the least she can do is respect that? If she cannot cope with the fact that she is not the only thing in his life, then SHE is the sad one. Not him.

Would you say it is healthy to live only for your job for instance? People will call you a workaholic, tell you to take it abit easier and do some other stuff besides it.
Same story here; a man cannot live just in service of his family/significant other. Yes, they take up a big part, i'd even say they should take up the larger part, but not all for gods sake!

G

Georg Granfeldt

Serios now

hm yea this wife kids work dont mix very good to DAoC

_ my wife dont like the idea of daoc at all.

_my daugther hm dont like it either as she see her father
glue to the chair infront of the screens alot.

So Im starting to play alot less now, even thinking of quit the game.

Due to the fact I dont wanna miss my daugter growing up..

She is more fun to be with then some pix on a screen..

but I whill come and say hi to my guildies as they have become very close friends now. both in game and IRL..

PS : I whill not Nerf either my wife or my daughter

that´s only Mythics /Goa who nerf ..

L

Leathas

Originally posted by xplo
women always like to play healing/support classes

typical female behaviour,they are too coward to play a ranger it seems
shh 8)

W

Weecamel

I used to stay up all night and lvled my characters, and left my ex boyfriend sleep alone..I went to bed at the time he got up..lol, that might have explained why I was dumped :p He was the one started playing DAoC first and I was trying to be a good girlfriend who shared his passion of computer games...

But before all that, I was really annoyed when he spent hours and hours playing CS and neglected me..

Y

ydraliskos

Originally posted by old.job
Remember people no matter how good your char is, how many lvl 50's you have and no matter how well they are equipped, all you've evr done since your first second on DAOC is rearrange 0's and 1's on a hard drive.

And have fun.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Weecamel

But before all that, I was really annoyed when he spent hours and hours playing CS and neglected me..

but whats the difference between watching a few hours of TV or go out and play sport 10 hours in a week(that is also with drinking with the guys after the game, training, etc)?

I

Iri

Originally posted by xplo

OR! you can convince your wife to also get a pc and play daoc, and women always like to play healing/support classes, so you got yourself a buffbot account after 3 months.

thats just bs, i find it 10 times more fun to play savage/skald than the boring shammy :D

P

phule_gubben

It works alot easier if u got the same interests.

Me and my wife both plays the game and we help each other out as much as possible, we enjoy levelling new alt's and do quests together, I don't think i woould like to have someone whining at me cause of my interests, I'm also a drummer in a band and she supports me in the best way possible.

It's a matter of give and take i think, and of course u have to spend some quality time together doing other stuff then play DAoC all days long. Me and my wife likes to take long walks in the forest, we watch movies, we do stuff together outside the game to keep the relationship alive and kicking, barbeque on the balcony with a good movie on the tele isn't bad either.

Good luck with your matesforlife!!

Users who are viewing this thread