Nerf Wives!!

D

Danamyr

I have been playing DAoC a year now, and my wife has started to complain a lot recently about how much time I spend on the game!

We had a huge row the other day because I decided to stay up and level my Champ rather than go to bed - I mean FFS! You can't win - if you play during the day at the weekends then you get moaned at for spoiling 'Family Time', and if you play during the evening then you get moaned at again!

To top it all, she e-mailed me the link to a web site about Online Game Addiction :)

Don't know why she bothered TBH - I have known I have been addicted to DAoC for ages ;)

Since I got my first Lvl 50 things have just gotten worse - I want all my characters to be Lvl 50 now!

Have any of you married guys got similar tales? Any advise for maintaining a happy married life? I have tried the 'take them out, buy them dinner/clothes/whatever it takes to make them STFU and let me level in peace' route to no avail ;)

P

[PS]Riddler

dont seem to have that problem, my girlfriend is addicted to Civilization, i play DAoC she plays Civ, no arguments :D Buy her a PS2 or an Xbox or something to keep her occupied :D

K

Karlo

me and my g/friend nearly split up over DAOC mate, and believe me, unless thats what you want its not worth it.

However, shes learnt that to me DAOC is just like her watching the tv, just split your time.

Explain to her that this IS your hobby, you just need to curve your play to accomadate you both.

Depends if she can understand this or not :(

L

legionaire

I actually dumped an ex because of all the moaning i got when i played UO..In the end i felt guilty when i played on UO and felt i was doing something wrong.In the End it was her or UO.

My present GF lets me play DAOC providing i have quality time with her which seems to work fine.

D

Danamyr

LMAO - I do not want a divorce - just to be left alone to XP in peace.

We have agreed that I can play 7-9PM during the week, and 7-10PM during the weekend.

Not brilliant, but better than nothing ;)

G

greenfingers

good for You :)

my GF is constantly complaining too btw ... and I only play 5 days a week or so ... shish!!!

And during the weekends, I have to be with either her .. NERF !

what can we do about it? <shrug>

P

Pin

Well. I'm no longer married. Take from that what you will.

and no, it wasn't just too much DAoC (on both sides), but it played a part.

S

spankya

RL > DAOC...

but it seems like u came to an agreement anyways so doesnt matter :) If I had someone I cared that much for I would quit playing if she hated it that much. But atm I am just casually seeing someone and she doesnt even know of DAOC.

F

Flimgoblin

I've been told buying a second account for a buffbot works wonders... they then comandeer it and play real chars - hopefully allowing you to play more daoc and class it as "quality time" :)

X

xplo

go to bed, give her a good shag and you can play 2 days non stop

OR! you can convince your wife to also get a pc and play daoc, and women always like to play healing/support classes, so you got yourself a buffbot account after 3 months.

O

old.job

Remember people no matter how good your char is, how many lvl 50's you have and no matter how well they are equipped, all you've evr done since your first second on DAOC is rearrange 0's and 1's on a hard drive.

O

old.Garax

Originally posted by spankya
RL > DAOC...

Sure it is Spank, thats why you keep quitting for RL and returning to DAoC.... So RL can't be that great :p

O

old.SOSAGES

if any of you with bored gf/wifes want to send them my way i will entertain them while you ding away =)

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by old.SOSAGES
if any of you with bored gf/wifes want to send them my way i will entertain them while you ding away =)

What he said.

H

horil

Originally posted by xplo
go to bed, give her a good shag and you can play 2 days non stop

OR! you can convince your wife to also get a pc and play daoc, and women always like to play healing/support classes, so you got yourself a buffbot account after 3 months.

:ROFLMAO:

D

Danamyr

Already tried to convince her to play DAoC - she muttered something about "...I will not pretend to be a bloody Pixie!" before storming off the the Gym :)

O

old.Wildfire

girls > daoc

my second-last girlfriend started playing daoc... that just wasnt right - i prefer girls that want to take me away from these things, as much as i love them there are things id rather be doing ;)

K

k9awya

see wf's sig and ask again if he knows anything about girls other than vf :|

S

spankya

Originally posted by old.Garax
Sure it is Spank, thats why you keep quitting for RL and returning to DAoC.... So RL can't be that great :p

I've added about 15 hours played time to my char over almost 2 weeks... dont play much ;) I still like playing daoc tbh, but prefer going out, working, going to the gym and seeing friends etc. I just sometimes play for a few hours a night when I'm not out.

U still playing Garax?

N

)nick(

My GF (*waves to steph*) didn't like me playing either. Then one day she watched me xping and wanted to give it a try, which led to me buying another account. Now 4 LGM crafters and 5 lvl 50s later she's as hooked as I am.

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by old.SOSAGES

hahaha my gf would run away, laughing, if she heard what U just wrote .. :ROFLMAO:

F

Flimgoblin

My gf likes to solo ;) and her cleric is smite :(

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Danamyr
Already tried to convince her to play DAoC - she muttered something about "...I will not pretend to be a bloody Pixie!" before storming off the the Gym :)
reroll in alb ;)

or get her a celt something or other :)

G

gutrot

Been there, done that, got the shammy buffbot. :)

T

tisme

My husband is addicted too.....oops so am i :clap: :clap:
plz dont nerf me :p

S

Subbiz

well if you have several wives as you refer to her as 'them' then I see your problem ;)

however try get her hooked on daoc or some other game instead, that works :D

S

Subbiz

tisme, are you danish? I mean no offense, but:

tis is pee in danish, tisme sounds like 'peeme' -> 'pee on me'

or maybe its just my brain being fried out coz of heat & work, I donno :p

C

cougar-

haha, fs im trying to combine daoc / friends and work.. and gf! takes more multitasking skills the a navy pilot. Once i was listkeeper in lair, pulled AND had a argue with my gf on teh phone for 1 hour. Beat that!! :p

but pulling went fine and so did the argue, we hungup the phone as friends and she didnt suspect anything (ihope).

Users who are viewing this thread