Nerf Darklight

O

Old_Bean

Yeah DMW back off man.

He was ony posting the usual guff like we all do.

O

old.pala hellraiser

Darklight, like all the implants is limited and i think it's way too early for people to start kicking off about what should be changed in the game. You could go on for ever if you started to look at the advantages and disadvantages of all (well most) of the implants but as i said, they are limited.

Exactly.

Maybe a counter for the Dark Light Impant? Maybe a Dark Light Reflector implant or something. That would balance it out completely.

You've either got Audio implant to find them or the darklight.
They've either got the Run Silent implant or the Darlight Reflector to counter detection.

This would mean every infil would have the implant to counter-act DV, then in order to avoid being seen on the radar by audio implant they could just crawl on the ground, as the audio implant only shows enemy troops that are running, you are then pratically impossible to detect.

A

aonn_elfclomper

i have to say a few things that ppl are talking about,,to manny posts to quote

1. a running inf=dead one ,, Sniper food or turret food ,,, my inf friends u know that u can go slowly to a mine and survive ? about 20hp after the KABOOM ,,, regen implant or medic and u are good to go :) run in to a mine and u are releasing

2. audio only works on ppl running so infs with IQ10+ wount be detected

3. when trying to get in or move around in a base go close to MAXs cos most of them dosent have DL ... this example that happend to me last night on Amerish are kinda extreme :)

i open a door EEK a MAX are inc i stand still so he cant see me ... he runs into me but cant get past he tryes 3-4 times to get true the door before he backs off and go true an other door ,,, yes i know that dude must have been playing for 10min or so :)

4. audio,silent run,DL ,,, heres my thougts ,,,
audio inplant imo are only good for detecting normal soldiers cos infs dont run ,,, but its a nice inplant for infs saved my butt more then once

silent run for a inf is a waste yes u can run and the audio dudes cant hear u but everyone can see u

DL get it all classes should have it

Btw tnx VS for the exelent fights on amerish yesterday
and tnx NC for the fights on Solsar (guess bouth sides got happy on solsar i got 2 5k caps and 2 4.5k think u guys got the same when u took Sobek back a few times :) )

P

[PS]Nova

I think you're missing the point here, but then again, you're the person who thinks that darklight isn't at all overpowered, because you've apparently had no problems with it. :eek6:

I originally believed that audio implant still detected you when you were crouch-walking - anyone confirm or deny definitively?

Silent Running thing, yes you can be seen, but you've got to figure out a trade. That's why it's balanced.

Darklight Vision is NOT balanced because there is NO way to counter it.

I'm not suggesting it be removed, just balanced. As a hackfiltrator (yes, good term!) 90% of people I see have darklight. And 90% of enemy MAXes I see have it too, don't know where you got your "MAXes don't have it" idea. As such, I'm normally dead before I even see the person with DL.

Maybe make a second implant like mung said, a Reflector implant, but make it limited in that you cannot actually have anything in your hands when you use it and you must be crouch-walking. Ergo, it would work while you moved around, but any attempt to hack or pull a weapon would render you perfectly vulnerable to darklight.

Then you'd have to use tactics and intelligence to find cover or stand the other side of the CC.

I just think it's unbalanced the way it is, and as such I do not enjoy playing my hackfiltrator AT ALL and in fact haven't played her in over a week.

O

Old_Bean

Yeah Angel, I was under the impression that the audio implant revealed ALL movement. Hence it's why i use it 90% of the time.

Of course you do get a lot of false/positives with people moving about above/below you, and it doesn't work outside a building.

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by mung
Yeah Angel, I was under the impression that the audio implant revealed ALL movement. Hence it's why i use it 90% of the time.

Of course you do get a lot of false/positives with people moving about above/below you, and it doesn't work outside a building.

It doesn't work outside? Again, that's something I wasn't aware of, because people have said they've used it as snipers and stuff.

Might be wrong or mistaken tho.

And yes, the above/below thing can be annoying when you're looking for that one elusive red dot. :p

Maybe we ought to get together and test the audio thing.

But you'd have to promise not to kill me!

O

Old_Bean

Sure thing, /tell me (onion) this afternoon at about 4:45 pm gmt and we'll arrange a meet.
Leave the guns at the door.

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by mung
Sure thing, /tell me (onion) this afternoon at about 4:45 pm gmt and we'll arrange a meet.
Leave the guns at the door.

Don't know if I can make it this afternoon, not sure what's happening yet.

Will try to if I can tho.

If not, I'll add you to friends list and when you're on sometime I'll message you.

O

Old_Bean

Ok Angel, actually I forgot I have a Doctors appointment at 4:30 this pm, so it might be later on.

Whats your chars name?

Is it the obvious?

P

[PS]Nova

Well Angel is my main at the moment, but she's not my infil.

My infil is Nova, and my other two chars are Purgatory and Paladine.

I will probably be on most of the time with Angel tho.

P

[PS]Mung

Ahaha!
So you're nova and all that lot.

Well I've decided to catch up a bit with the user name and have gone with....erm...the obvious.

O

old.pala hellraiser

Audio implant shows running enemies only, if you crawl then you wont be detected.

A

aonn_elfclomper

dosent ppl read the explanation ? or just grab an inplant and guess what it does ?

and then again if u have probs with DL ask yer squad to help u ,,, just becouse i dosent think DL is that big deal dosent say that i always get to the CC ,,, i need help alot so does my squad memmbers this is a team playing game u cant be alone ,,, ok mabe as an chicken on a hill 20miles away 12x zoom

Users who are viewing this thread