Nerf Darklight

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by fyraie
Agree on the timer, and agree it can't be 24 hours.
Ideally, it'd be an allocation of stationary time while the work is done - even 5 or so minutes would be enough to stop the whimsical implant swapping, and certainly make implant changes during battle in a base a lot more dangerous.
It would prevent instant swapping to DL/audio for infi hunting in particular, and still be fairly painless back at Sanc - stick your implant on to install while you get a coffee and wait for the HART to land.

Yeah would make sense.

Not too sure about the 5 mins, again people would find that too easy. I personally would go for instant installation of it, but can't change it again for 2 game hours (or real hours) but you get the picture.

A

aonn_elfclomper

Originally posted by [PS]Angel
Then how in hell can you say that darklight isn't a problem if you have been in bases where there's enemies.

*shakes head*

Either we're playing different games or something's a bit screwed here...

And yes, I know no armour on an infil, but 1 person, I did say without much weapons spec and no armour spec (above agile) shouldn't be able to take down 4 of anything without even getting hit.

well if u are 4ppl and cant even get 1hit in i sugest u guys should try the virtualtraining abit

listen to me this game are like CS or quake1.2.3 there are simply guys out there that have uber skill in this kinda games ... take Toekiller for example think his 3-4 killer in VS verry skilled player and verry hard to kill seen him take out 4+ppl and walk away and thous guys had more then zero armour and a pelletgun

S

SilverHood

this is a bit like CS and UT yeah... you also get skill-less n00bs who you can wipe and walk away without a scratch

Was sniping on searhus last night

was 7, YES SEVEN! Enemy snipers sittin on a hill top

And every single one of them was gunning for me....
And they stank at sniping... I took out 4 before I got killed by a cycler wielding grunt

I wouldn't say I'm uber 1337 ownage player, etc .. im not bad... but some players are just terrible... And don't put too much into kill score

Top NC guy, Aki camps spawn tubes with a Jackhammer

P

[PS]Nova

The point is, there's no skill to being an infil now whatever anyone may say, it's on luck as to whether someone has/turns on darklight while you're around.

I know how to play an infil, I was having a great time when darklight was relatively unknown, and I'm good at it (not to boast too much). But darklight makes it practically impossible to play to any level of skill and enjoyment.

Or imo anyhow.

O

old.pala hellraiser

Don't play an infil, problem solved :)

P

[PS]Nova

That just might be why I'm concentrating on my lightning/adv medic char at moment :)

A

Aeternus

Ive never had any problems with DL, trick is to play smart when your an inf. move slowly, crouching pretty much makes you invisible when moving.

If your VS, dump the beamer and use the AMP, its ultra powerful in closecombat when your enemy doesnt expect you. Just be aware of the Audio Amplify implant... those can be counterparted with that silent run implant though.

Oh and never ever attack your enemy from the front... you go down in a matter of seconds. Succesful attack from behind and they go down before they even know where they are being shot from. Unless its a MAX unit that is :p

Anyone know if the Audio Amplify is a passive implant?

A

aonn_elfclomper

wise words ,,, audio are not passive

but audio only works on ppl that are running so infs are ok cos we never run do we ? :)

F

Faeldawn

Play infili a helluva lot atm, have only ever been caught out by DLV twice.

Simple fact is that players dont run between bases with DLV switched on, in fact ill bet those that do use DLV kick themselves at how often they get killed by infilis when they dont have DLV turned on :)

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Play infili a helluva lot atm, have only ever been caught out by DLV twice.

Simple fact is that players dont run between bases with DLV switched on, in fact ill bet those that do use DLV kick themselves at how often they get killed by infilis when they dont have DLV turned on :)
Yup, but i think infils should loose their stealth when they open fire. At some places they are dam hard to spot even when they are shooting at you. But then again a running infil is an easy target. :)

S

Spinky

What does Infil Stealth look like to other players in PS?

Could someone post a screenie of them looking at (in the direction of) an Infil with and without darklight on? :)

S

SilverHood

not got access to my PS atm, but without DLV, they are an outline of air

with DVL on, they glow bright white, like a neon light

J

Jonaldo

Implants should maybe work like daoc RA's, switch it on and you get maybe 1 minute of darklight with a 15 minute re-use timer on it.

S

SilverHood

if they did that, they would have to make infils loose stealth when they shoot.

or they should simply drain the stamina quicker

remember, infils aren't meant to kill heavily armed grunts

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by SilverHood
if they did that, they would have to make infils loose stealth when they shoot.

or they should simply drain the stamina quicker

remember, infils aren't meant to kill heavily armed grunts

We do lose stealth when we shoot. If you can't see where an inf is shooting from then you r the blind man, man :p they don't 'appear' but the big flash and brief outline kinda gives it away.

O

old.pala hellraiser

Well you show up to a certain extent but as soon as you stop firing you are completely invisible again

B

bone_idle

Or just make the DL implant use more stamina. so you have to switch it on and off.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.pala hellraiser
Well you show up to a certain extent but as soon as you stop firing you are completely invisible again

Only completely invisible if you don't move, which then means you are in the same place everyone just saw you shooting from a second ago :) at least being an assassin in PS requires some degree of skill unlike DAoC where you just walk amongst the enemy freely until you see someone you wanna whack.

I say NERF DL TO HELL!

O

old.pala hellraiser

hehe I say if you want to play the class where you want to take people out unnoticed and hack bases without being seen, you deserve to get blown to bits! Put proper armor on and fight like men! :)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.pala hellraiser
hehe I say if you want to play the class where you want to take people out unnoticed and hack bases without being seen, you deserve to get blown to bits! Put proper armor on and fight like men! :)
This is a sexist post and I want this person banned from this forum, Planetside and Earth if possible!

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Omniscieous
This is a sexist post and I want this person banned from this forum, Planetside and Earth if possible!

Agreed! Hang, draw and quarter him then feed his end-trails to the endless depths of space! Muhahahaha etc. :eek:

P

[PS]Nova

Well maybe I'm just a crap infil - I don't actually try and kill people most of the time, I'm concentrated on stealth and hacking, and I have severe problems with darklight, I suppose because my work is almost entirely inside bases or towers.

So I say it's unbalanced imho and they should balance it better - not nerf or remove it, just balance it. Maybe make it so if you stay completely still without a weapon or anything drawn in your hand you can't be detected. I don't know. But I can crouch walk in an enemy base and whereas before I'd be able to make my way all the way through it carefully, most of the time not getting spotted, and get a hack on underneath the noses of a lot of people, I now can't get 2 steps in before some muppet runs around a corner with DL on and 1-shots me.

And yes, jammer grenades, but I do not have time to use them 99% of the time.

They should create another implant that has the same effect maybe? or something similar.

K

Karam_gruul

i dont need darklight. stealthing in this game is pretty shit from what i can see. i've sniped 'so' many people 'trying' to stealth around. so hillarious 1 shotting them as they're thinking they're sneaking around invisibly.

J

Jonaldo

It just makes an inf suit pointless, as soon as anyone is within 2-3 rooms of the CC they just switch on DL and it's game over, now the only use of a Hackfiltrator like myself is to annoy the enemy by temporarily pausing a spawnsite when I hack it and run away as quick as possible as I know I will be DL'd to death.

R

Rigon-Noir-

Darklight, like all the implants is limited and i think it's way too early for people to start kicking off about what should be changed in the game. You could go on for ever if you started to look at the advantages and disadvantages of all (well most) of the implants but as i said, they are limited.

I'm a hackfiltrator (i like that word :D) and suffer just as much as everyone in the same position does with darklight, way i see it is, it's just the risk i take being in an infiltration suit, the benefits of the suit, of course, speak for themselves so it's a risk im happy to take. When someone stops, looks at me and comes towards me shooting i know they've got darklight, i can't do anything about it, i just try infiltrate again.

Actually, i really hope they don't nerf it because i also have it, it's great fun being an infil that can see other infils :D.

if it wasn't for darklight, a lot of infils would probably never get killed, now that would pointless, everyone would make one

Noir BR10 Adv Hack/Infil/Reaver/AMS
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

O

Old_Bean

Audio implant can be countered by Run silently implant.

Maybe a counter for the Dark Light Impant? Maybe a Dark Light Reflector implant or something.

That would balance it out completely.

You've either got Audio implant to find them or the darklight.
They've either got the Run Silent implant or the Darlight Reflector to counter detection.

(DarkLight Reflector is copyright Mung 2003)

D

Deadmanwalking

Im sorry but you used the word "nerf" so what you said shows a lack of thinking :(

R

Rigon-Noir-

"I" used the word nerf????

i used it because it's used at the start of the forum post and my understanding of the word nerf is to reduce/remove the power of something/someone that others feel unbalances the game.

If your not on about me, then sorry..

If you are, change the word "nerf" for reduce/remove", am i thinking now?

Sorry deadman, can't see the point of your post

R

Rigon-Noir-

ps:~

If thats sarcasm then i missed, it's early and now i look stupid (not for the first time either :D)

my apologies to you if it is....bollox to you if it isn't :p

Users who are viewing this thread