Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
New Paddle board iRocker Blackfin XL.
Fuckin' ell that's expensive for a sup. My dagger katana kayak (ish) was only 700 quid.

I'm not convinced by the fishing mounts either (although a sit on top is definitely one way to go for kayak fishing).

Look at this - it's one of their marketing pictures:

1627389063455.png

This basically features him twatting his fishing rod against the mounts! Just after this pointless cast he probably falls off because catching the rod will put him off balance. But good picture though eh?

I've come round to the opinion that fishing rods from kayaks should be no longer than 12 inches - basically devices that allow you to drop your line over the side and spool out / wind back in. Why the heck do you need to cast? You paddle to the spot you want to fish!

(This is my haul from the other night):
1627389881317.png
24 cleaned and gutted mackerel. A few others thrown to the gulls and the tiddlers thrown back. It was a shorter paddle out than expected because once you hit a shoal it's over pretty quickly...

Is the SUP inflatable? A few of my mates have inflatable SUPs and I've been playing about with them. They're great fun if the water is calm but I wouldn't be going any distance on them (prefer kayak - and you can get involved in rock hopping in the swells and fucking around in tidal races etc.). They're undoubtedly quite fun - but I don't see the advantage of a non-inflatable one. The inflatable ones pack down and are solid and bouyant as anything.

But cool board bro :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It is inflatable with carbon fibre inserts on sides and some rib strengthening. It can take over 500Lbs so easily 2 man or 1 plus kids for messing around.

It is way more stable and stronger than a standard inflatable SUP. Only mount point I use is for a camera. Took it out yesterday for a couple of hours and it is way better than my old Red iSUP.

Nice haul on mackerel btw. Wanted to go out today with a mate but weather is too bad, don't mind the occasional rain but the wind is too strong.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
50m MC lens… lots of fun

Attachments

• 562CDC5C-ABDB-45DA-8AA3-19B618EA8BA0.jpeg
    562CDC5C-ABDB-45DA-8AA3-19B618EA8BA0.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 0B4966DF-6CDA-4C09-B617-1283120C2FF3.jpeg
    0B4966DF-6CDA-4C09-B617-1283120C2FF3.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro with RTX3070.

oh and Ducky SF Mecha 65% keyboard

who needs a desktop?

Attachments

• 848DB8DF-78E9-44F0-AF78-C53DA2C6784D.jpeg
    848DB8DF-78E9-44F0-AF78-C53DA2C6784D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

I already have one of their large knives (A TBS Boar, also in Turkish walnut) but it's a bit too big and bulky to use as a camp knife, good for wood, but I can do everything I need with my axe.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's fine if it's something you will look after and keep but a lot of CDs etc just end up as landfill.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's fine if it's something you will look after and keep but a lot of CDs etc just end up as landfill.
I have never thrown away any of my cd collection. I have over 100 never counted.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

My old Nikon was getting flaky so treated myself to a new laser - more than 150 yards away I had to basically guess - this is good well over 200 on the course, which is nice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

My old Nikon was getting flaky so treated myself to a new laser - more than 150 yards away I had to basically guess - this is good well over 200 on the course, which is nice.
Isn't the point of golf for you to judge for yourself, learn the course, etc?

Anyway - I know you're a Sony fanboi - but the Bose QC 45's are coming out in a couple of days as the replacement for the QC35 II's. That means the current QC35 II's are available for as little as £139 online - so I'm going to buy two pairs as they're fucking excellent. And after several thousand hours (and dropping them, and leaving them submerged in my stream for a couple of days) my current pair are a little bit ropey now :)

There's "improvements" in the new pair apparently (to bring them to the Sony XM1004's noise cancelling quality) - but the built-in google assistant of the QC35II's is fucking brilliant. <Push button> "Phone mum". <Push button> "What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow".

:)

Bodhi

Isn't the point of golf for you to judge for yourself, learn the course, etc?

Anyway - I know you're a Sony fanboi - but the Bose QC 45's are coming out in a couple of days as the replacement for the QC35 II's. That means the current QC35 II's are available for as little as £139 online - so I'm going to buy two pairs as they're fucking excellent. And after several thousand hours (and dropping them, and leaving them submerged in my stream for a couple of days) my current pair are a little bit ropey now :)

There's "improvements" in the new pair apparently (to bring them to the Sony XM1004's noise cancelling quality) - but the built-in google assistant of the QC35II's is fucking brilliant. <Push button> "Phone mum". <Push button> "What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow".

:)

Re: Golf there is an element of that, some local knowledge is always useful, and even with an exact number to the flag/green you still need to make a judgement on what club to hit - is it uphill/downhill, whats the wind doing, even temperature can be a factor (the ball travels noticeably further at 20 deg C than it does at 10 for example). However the game itself is hard enough as it is, so we tend to take all the help we can get. Range Finders / GPS Devices are outlawed for the Professionals to use however, so they have to measure everything up on Practice days - not really something available to us on a Sunday morning, so we get gadgets instead :)

Oh and on the Bose thing, that is a good price, however Bose are one company that I doubt will ever get any of my money, as the sound quality of anything they've made that I've heard has been thoroughly whelming. No highs? No lows? Must be Bose :) My XM3's have the Google Assistant built in also, but I tend not to use it too often, but the touch sensitive pad on the right earphone is awesome. Volume up/down and track skipping, but if you cup your hand round the same earphone it turns the noise cancelling off so you can hear people speak.

Bodhi

Neither nerdy not particularly awesome, but we've just put a deposit down on another car so the wife can get back into driving. She doesn't like my 1 Series as it's too quick for her, so we've put a deposit down on a 2008 Honda Civic. When VTEC kicks in it unleashes a frankly epic 140 bhp, and it's got 130k on the clock, so was cheap. Panoramic sunroof though, and cruise control which I don't have currently.

It's also brown.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Neither nerdy not particularly awesome, but we've just put a deposit down on another car so the wife can get back into driving. She doesn't like my 1 Series as it's too quick for her, so we've put a deposit down on a 2008 Honda Civic. When VTEC kicks in it unleashes a frankly epic 140 bhp, and it's got 130k on the clock, so was cheap. Panoramic sunroof though, and cruise control which I don't have currently.

It's also brown.
Sounds like some quick shit right there... ;)

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
My new wireless network bridge from my house across to my office - pack of two, 1700 Mbps, 60GHz. It a bit overly future proof but I'm hoping it will keep my ping down and speed up my file backups. Still needs installing as I need to run some wires in internally.

Attachments

• Unifi.jpg
    Unifi.jpg
    980.9 KB · Views: 9

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Vodafone are doing some mad deals.
Pixel 6 for £359 , Galaxy S21 £350.

In store only, but you can order online on contract, pay off the phone immediately then cancel contract so thats what I've done.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
My new wireless network bridge from my house across to my office - pack of two, 1700 Mbps, 60GHz. It a bit overly future proof but I'm hoping it will keep my ping down and speed up my file backups. Still needs installing as I need to run some wires in internally.
Expensive kit but then all .ad is right now. First gen chipsets. Nice though.
Not sure how it will improve ping as the RF carrier wave still travels at the same speed (SOL).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom