Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
When I quick read that I read it as well-hung.
Also true!

*no, I'm not going to retract that statement in faux-humility in small writing - but I will put a sad face, as is tradition

:(

;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Delivered this morning and will replace the very very old LCD in the living room.

Not gaming on it though as I don't give a shit about console gaming anymore. My PC is enough.

View attachment 43829
Nice. Has it got the old WebOS (bar along the bottom) or the new WebOS (looks like Samsung). Everyone seems to be moaning about the new WebOS but I've not had anyone give an honest opinion on it yet so curious to know what it's like if you've got it.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Nice. Has it got the old WebOS (bar along the bottom) or the new WebOS (looks like Samsung). Everyone seems to be moaning about the new WebOS but I've not had anyone give an honest opinion on it yet so curious to know what it's like if you've got it.
I am not sure what is new or old but I find the WebOS bar too busy with too many superfluous services I don't use. I am pretty sure I can edit it though.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am not sure what is new or old but I find the WebOS bar too busy with too many superfluous services I don't use. I am pretty sure I can edit it though.
Old is like bottom 3rd only, yeah there are too many entries but if you've got this on a modern WebOS you normally get an automatic sort you can run that moves them to the start based on usage
1613866627676.png

New is this one which I personally don't like the look of as it's all focused on pushing stuff
1613866678928.png

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Old is like bottom 3rd only, yeah there are too many entries but if you've got this on a modern WebOS you normally get an automatic sort you can run that moves them to the start based on usage
View attachment 43845

New is this one which I personally don't like the look of as it's all focused on pushing stuff
View attachment 43846
Surely the goalof any company is to push stuff and sell more than would otherwise be sold

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Surely the goalof any company is to push stuff and sell more than would otherwise be sold
On the old webos you can delete the tiles with the remote - I'm not sure what it would look like if you deleted nearly all of them. Then there's that LG suggestions feature top left - now that IS a load of sales crap. I love these tvs. I've had mine for nearly 5 years now. It cost a packet but it was worth it. And I've still got the box :).

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
View attachment 43845

View attachment 43846

That bottom one looks remarkably like Android TV my Sony has been blessed/cursed with, depending on how you get on with it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That bottom one looks remarkably like Android TV my Sony has been blessed/cursed with, depending on how you get on with it.
Its worked fine on my sony tv. Got better when they updated it to a newer version of driod

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I find that Android TV is actually far less pushy in terms of "buy this film" stuff than most Smart TV's native UI's but I guess that's because they're focused on mining the data not flogging the products

Bodhi

Its worked fine on my sony tv. Got better when they updated it to a newer version of driod

It's not the slickest thing I've used, and it's a bit jarring when it flips between Android TV and the Sony settings, but it has been loads better recently and the apps are awesome, being straight off Google Play. In all honesty we do most of the smart stuff through Sky Q, so doesn't get used that often any more.

I find that Android TV is actually far less pushy in terms of "buy this film" stuff than most Smart TV's native UI's but I guess that's because they're focused on mining the data not flogging the products

I've noticed it suggesting a few films from Google Play after I downloaded Super Troopers 2 from there, dead easy to ignore though, just move down a level on the menu.

I have actually been trying to sow the seeds for a new TV, but apparently house buying comes first, 65 inches are already big enough, and we aren't paying 3k for the upgrade from LED to OLED.

Bah.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
889EB6A1-1AF3-4DE6-B6F2-9472AFD8B43D.jpeg
nothing like the load that was sploshed over the previous tv. But i had 200 quid in nectar points from transfering BA points cause the other year i flew fuck loads for work. So this 50inch phillips amblight only cost me 250 quid.

i win on the semi free stuff for a change haha

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Got the 55 Ambilight over the fireplace. Hopefully, they fixed the netcode issue on yours. On mine I occasionally have to switch between static and DHCP IP allocation to get iPlayer, All4, ITV to work. strangely never an issue with Amazon and Netflix. It was Philips support that told me the workaround. NiceTV though and the lighting effects are excellent.
IMG_20210225_105857_Bokeh.jpg

My son was playing Destiny 2 on Xbox

Bodhi

Finally figured out that spending £350 on a SecretLab Chair doesn't do your back much good if you are still using a kid's desk purchased from MFI Stoke in 1991. Work have sorted out a WFH Budget, so have treated myself to:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/RestRelax-Ergonomic-Computer-Workstation-Oversized/dp/B08M3Y8P9B/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2OQWU58124VZ8&dchild=1&keywords=restrelax+power+x+gaming+desk&qid=1617705456&sprefix=restre%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-6

Originally found it on Wayfair for around £400, but this looks to be the same desk from a different brand for much less.

Shelving unit looks ever so slightly too small for my MicroServer (space is 23cm tall, Microserver is 23.25cm tall) but should be able to get round that.

Oh, and it has LEDz.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Finally figured out that spending £350 on a SecretLab Chair doesn't do your back much good if you are still using a kid's desk purchased from MFI Stoke in 1991. Work have sorted out a WFH Budget, so have treated myself to:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/RestRelax-Ergonomic-Computer-Workstation-Oversized/dp/B08M3Y8P9B/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2OQWU58124VZ8&dchild=1&keywords=restrelax+power+x+gaming+desk&qid=1617705456&sprefix=restre%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-6

Originally found it on Wayfair for around £400, but this looks to be the same desk from a different brand for much less.

Shelving unit looks ever so slightly too small for my MicroServer (space is 23cm tall, Microserver is 23.25cm tall) but should be able to get round that.

Oh, and it has LEDz.

Aye, Wayfair is pants. My daughter chose a desk for about £350 and when it came it was utter junk - I recon it was worth about 50 quid as regards quality. I rang and complained and told them to take it back and after a lot effing complaining the chap asked me if it was damaged (wink-wink) and I said I thought it had a chip on it and they refunded my money. Didn't even bother to collect it. I later found the same desk online for 120 quid.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ive always thought Wayfair looked a bit dodgy. Never bought anything from them.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Just bought some tp link deco m4 mesh wifi things.
Took a while to get everything connected to it but a speed test on the xbox revealed the same speeds as a wired connection, so happy bunny time here.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Late but Wayfair have swanky adverts but most the stuff we brought was not very well designed, in fact so much of it was different that I consider Wayfair to be little more than a shop front for assorted companies. The products are almost as bad as something you would buy from MFI in the old days, but costs a lot more.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Late but Wayfair have swanky adverts but most the stuff we brought was not very well designed, in fact so much of it was different that I consider Wayfair to be little more than a shop front for assorted companies. The products are almost as bad as something you would buy from MFI in the old days, but costs a lot more.
Dont think i have ever considered buying from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom