Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I bought a Logitech MX Master 3 for myself for non-gaming.

Can't use it though because I can't hold a mouse at the moment. Stupid decision really.
I have a 2 variant. Truly excellent thing. Best mouse I've had since the original Microsoft ones were about

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It came, but wish I paid a little extra for version that comes with the charging dock. You get a little wired adapter that you plug the dongle into, to charge it you remove the cable out the back of the adapter and plug it into the mouse, essentially turning into wired mode while it charges. The Razor Cortex software throws a massive wobbler for a minute when you switch over. (Cortex is flaky at the best of times)

Its surprisingly very light for a wireless mouse too and the optical buttons are amazingly responsive.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh and gawd, the sensitivity clutch, a little lever type thing sits where you thumb is and ramps down the speed of the mouse for aiming and such, amazing little gizmo.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Oh and gawd, the sensitivity clutch, a little lever type thing sits where you thumb is and ramps down the speed of the mouse for aiming and such, amazing little gizmo.
There a wired version?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm a bit of a razor fanboy, have been since my diamondback mouse ~15 years ago (speakers, headset, mech keyboard, wireless headphones, mousemat) but I'm sure other mouse brands do similar but it just feels so comfortable, it just sits where the tip of your thumb is.

I'm trying to justify one of these next;

But would like to test if first (ive seen them cheaper!) but obviously atm that is out of the question. I would also want it to work with PS5 for when I get around to buying one.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm a bit of a razor fanboy, have been since my diamondback mouse ~15 years ago (speakers, headset, mech keyboard, wireless headphones, mousemat) but I'm sure other mouse brands do similar but it just feels so comfortable, it just sits where the tip of your thumb is.

I'm trying to justify one of these next;

But would like to test if first (ive seen them cheaper!) but obviously atm that is out of the question. I would also want it to work with PS5 for when I get around to buying one.
Wow 200 notes for a controller. It had better wank me off too

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wow 200 notes for a controller. It had better wank me off too

That's the exact reason I didn't buy the XBOX Elite controller.

Bought Borderlands 3 last night for £9.99 for the PS5, lol, that's cheap - Considering all the reviews say all the issues that plagued the game on old consoles have been fixed.

Last edited:

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Took the plunge on an 8 Bitdo SN30 Pro+

For PC it's ok and occasionally drops out or stick despite calibrating it. Going to give it a try on Android and see if it is any better

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Took the plunge on an 8 Bitdo SN30 Pro+

For PC it's ok and occasionally drops out or stick despite calibrating it. Going to give it a try on Android and see if it is any better
My xbox controller works flawlessly on my pc. Never seen any reason to change it

gmloki

Part of the furniture
My xbox controller works flawlessly on my pc. Never seen any reason to change it

Agree, Xbox controller works fine.

I got the dodgy upgrade on Xbox Game Pass so can use it on Android tablet. Plus I wanted something that was Bluetooth / Wireless.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Agree, Xbox controller works fine.

I got the dodgy upgrade on Xbox Game Pass so can use it on Android tablet. Plus I wanted something that was Bluetooth / Wireless.
Ps controller bluetooth?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Stadia itself has a lot of issues, but the controller is great.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I still use a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2, it must be 15 years old.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just bought a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro. There's a LOT of functionality I'm going to have to get my head around.
20210201_095634.jpg

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Got myself a new Sonos One. Got to say the sound quality for such a relatively small speaker is outstanding. The app interface is a bit basic and the Sonos One HD Radio subscription is not the greatest. Found myself listening to a lot more music than I normally would do.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
MSI GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GAMING X TRIO

just found one of these in stock and ordered it. Delivery tomorrow fingers crossed. Will be able to play 2077 at a nice fps soon :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got myself some Altberg Tethera walking boots.

My size 13's feel great out of the box. I'm not sure how the metal in my ankles is going to hold up to having boots on tho - I've only ever worn shoes and I can definitely feel pressure on my pins.

The way I see it - long days in the high mountains in the snow warrants at least an attempt at slightly more robust footwear. And I might as well hit some of the best up straight away rather than try cheaper. Plus, British designed and made :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You can't go wrong with Altbergs.

If you want to go full Gucci, get yourself some Fjallraven trousers too!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Finally got around to wiring in a new DTV Aerial and distribution hub. Previously most HD channels pixelated during rain and when I tested the signal strength with the old loft installation it was very marginal. With new aerial signal strength went up from 42 dBuV to 75 dBuV

New High Gain Antenna

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I7TUH7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Way Active Splitter

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078SZ83FF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Crystal clear HD now so worth the day in the loft :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Finally got around to wiring in a new DTV Aerial and distribution hub. Previously most HD channels pixelated during rain and when I tested the signal strength with the old loft installation it was very marginal. With new aerial signal strength went up from 42 dBuV to 75 dBuV

New High Gain Antenna

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I7TUH7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Way Active Splitter

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078SZ83FF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Crystal clear HD now so worth the day in the loft :)

Cable here no problems hehe

Ono

Part of the furniture
Delivered this morning and will replace the very very old LCD in the living room.

Not gaming on it though as I don't give a shit about console gaming anymore. My PC is enough.

20210218_170314.jpg

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
I just got one of these stealth fighter jobbies as my old Netgear router got stuck in an endless power cycle - so bad that even the hardware reset button didn't work :( .

1613677049725.png

I connected my synology with 2xGbps LANs with link aggregation and it can do wifi AX file transfers at just under 1Gbps in the same room peaking at about 1.2 Gbps - there seems some sort of bottleneck in the synology, can't figure out where. Its pretty quick. Pointlessly so. Should be good for running back-ups though.

1613677567890.png

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Delivered this morning and will replace the very very old LCD in the living room.

Not gaming on it though as I don't give a shit about console gaming anymore. My PC is enough.

View attachment 43829
Nice. I've had my eye on the LG 48" CX OLED as a monitor but I'm terrified of OLEDs for desktop use because of burn-in. So, I'm forcing myself to wait until Samsung sorts their (non-organic) MicroLED system out on smaller screen sizes.

I just picked up a LG 38GN950-B, it's ace. At 3840x1600 it gives a nice extra chunk of desktop space than my old 34" ultrawide and it's 160 Hz (my first time north of 60 Hz) and HDR (only HDR 600 so not "proper" HDR but my first better-than-SDR monitor). It has a mad good RGB light on the back as well which has genuinely made me think "oh wow that's a mad good RGB light" rather than "how do I turn off that fucking RGB light".

Nobby

Regular Freddie

View attachment 43829
I have this but in 55” it’s a fantastic tv, i do use mine for console gaming sometimes and wow it really is something I must say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom