Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I already have a 50mm prime
80-300
macro 100mm lense
i got a 30ish - 80ish thing i think as well. Not sure the exact mm on that one
Sweet! you don't want an ultrawide?

Exioce

Part of the furniture
My ultrawide (Canon 10-22mm) certainly opened up the opportunity for certain shots, but is otherwise tricky to find a use for.
End up using my telephoto far more than anything else, and it's the cheapest lens of the lot!

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Can't help. Just something you might not have thought of which I found out recently.

I wanted to play back ultra HD tunes using amazon music HD. I was pissed to find my top-of-the-range Dell Laptop can't output UHD audio from its sound jack. However my dell monitor fed by USB-C can output 24bit/192 kHz high definition sound which sounds excellent through my Linn kit :) - its not a gaming monitor (U2719DC) so its probably not what your looking for but the sound output might be worth looking at.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Ordered the Dell. Same panel as the LG. Would have ordered the 4K LG if ANYWHERE had it in Stock, but I'm sure I can cope. Will photo everything when it arrives!

That's me sorted for another 5 years.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
60" 4k telly FTW.

Stop playing at gaming and actually game ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Got a 65inch LG OLED so the wife can watch her soaps. Game on a 28inch Acer predator :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
@MYstIC G - Guessing that'll be a great piece of kit for things like PI-Hole/Sonarr/Radarr etc?

I want one anyway :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@MYstIC G - Guessing that'll be a great piece of kit for things like PI-Hole/Sonarr/Radarr etc?
You'd probably be better off with a normal Pi or similar for stuff like that. I've got an old Pi2 running Pi-Hole tucked away behind my router using it's USB port for power, works like a champ.
I want one anyway :(
This is quite a big chunk of it for me. I just think it's freaking cool. It reminds me of the ZX Spectrum that I used to have when I was a kid.

Initially I'll be using it to swap out the Pi4 that I've been using as an VDI client for work. I can just take the SD card from the existing one and plug it in which should be as easy as Pi (rofflecopters). Can take all the work stuff off my gaming rig (so I don't end up like @Jupitus ;)). Hoping to use it for work by day and put it in a draw once I'm done as well so I get a bit of separation back.

Plus as a bonus it'll be something I can use to experiment more with my existing Pi's. For a long time I've wanted to play with the GPIO stuff but it's always been a bit of a faff having to unbolt parts of my main rig to use temporarily with a Pi. Like if you have to look something up online to get it up and running and then swap the keyboard from PC to Pi and then back again when the next instruction is further down the webpage, etc. With this I can just swap the SD card and be working straight off the Raspbian/RaspberryPiOS desktop. Then again with the recent news I could even ditch that for Ubuntu proper

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
God damn you Sega

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWpTcPl7emY

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
First comment @Jupitus:

That relatable moment when you fly back from work to your private mountain pool cabin with built-in landing pad.

:D

Personally - I want to know A) cost and B) does it autorotate in the event of engine failure and if so, how controllable is it so you don't have to ditch into trees on a steep hillside?

Edit:
Also - how loud is it? Am I going to do myself massive hearing damage?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah. $92,000. 20 minute flight time.

Can you make sure that you run things past @Scouse before posting them here

Look. It's a sorta cool rich man's plaything. Like all the flying car shit that's ever been invented. Power is the limiting factor.

But they're selling this on a 88% reduction in "commute" time - like it's a regular commuter thang. I'm kinda over the personal flight machines excited spunkfest feelings I had in my 20's - and would very much like someone to produce something actually useable or ctfo tbh. At the moment - we're just regurgitating the same old shite.

Edit:
Given this is my local topology @Gwadien - it'd be really nice if someone came up with a personal drone car that did a reasonable distance and didn't cost $lolzroffles so I could make a round-trip to the shops to get some milk in less than 40 minutes :)

1658073697858.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom