Need To Get A New Mobile And Service Provider

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
been with Vodafone for about the lat 5 years - havent yet seen a bill!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Your missus deals with the money side of things? ;)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I'd go Vodafone, as i have had problems with Orange, and i know of friends who get shitty receptions on T-Mobile.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I have Vodaphone. Not to good reception in me house. But £30 a month for 200 free texts and 200 minutes anytime/anyline. Which all roll over is pretty cool. I got a Panasonic GD-87 for free in the deal.

I used to be With BT (now 02) they were pretty cool. But im starting to like Vodaphone.

I couldn't be arsed with pay as you go :p But i can see why it is good to limit how much you spend on phones.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I used to be on O2 cause i was on cellnet back when it was cellnet for my pay and go and it was ok. I'm now on a tmobile contract and have no problems regarding signal. £30 for 150mins 100 txt and 25 mms. Its not too bad but theres undoubtably cheaper (they were the cheapest for my handset when i wanted to buy it ;) )

Sar

Part of the furniture
I'm on Virgin - only downside is I can't txt the likes of competitions etc, as most of them only cater for Orange, O2, Vodafone and T-Mobile customers.

:/

Will

/bin/su
Have you actually tried to txt any? Virgin is rebranded T-Mobile, as far as I know.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Sar said:
I'm on Virgin - only downside is I can't txt the likes of competitions etc, as most of them only cater for Orange, O2, Vodafone and T-Mobile customers.

:/

Sorry, i don't get you? You saying you can't actually do it?

Or it just costs to much? (10p).

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:

Virgin to Virgin is about 3p (I think)
Virgin to everyone else is 10p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will said:
Have you actually tried to txt any? Virgin is rebranded T-Mobile, as far as I know.
Virgin was done by One 2 One, who are now T-Mobile. So anyone who spanks T-Mobile & praises Virgin = mong (in my opinion obviously)

Will

/bin/su
By the by, I have a Virgin mobile. It seems to work ok, though I am a very light user.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Virgin simply use T-mobile to provide them a network. Its a stupidly simple dupe that seems to see them both still making money.

Apparently Vodafone bought singlepoint as well, think it was mentioned here, cant remember.

Tilda

I'm with Virgin, and they're great, I was on orange but their signal was crap around my house whereas Virgin are 10x better :D

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Will said:
Well, they use T-Mobiles network, but have their own system and backend, so technically they're a reseller for T-Mobiles minutes, so there's no reason that it wouldn't work as long as you used the T-Mobile entry number...

Sar

Part of the furniture
Deadmanwalking said:

It tells me it was unable to send the message when I try.

Believe me I've tried.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I have a Virgin pay as you go and you can text whatever network you like but as said earlier its 3p to text another virgin mobile and 10p for another network.

try taking your top up swipe card into a local shop or supermarket and getting some credit put on it :D

Will

/bin/su
The problem is not that he can't send txts, or has no credit. The short number you txt competitions on is not recognised by the Virgin machinery.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Will said:
The problem is not that he can't send txts, or has no credit. The short number you txt competitions on is not recognised by the Virgin machinery.
I just wacked my new sim in the phone and everythig was fine. Bummer that is. Stupid modern technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom