Need tips for efficient RvR with my Pally :-)

dutchman

Fledgling Freddie
Hello All,

For about 1 week i got my Pally to lvl 50. Also I joined a very commited guild of very nice plp.

I discovered that while in PvE my pally definitely holds her own that in RvR she is lacking a bit lets say 'killing' power. This of course is to be expected since she is almost fully defensive specced.

However to my dismay I noticed that even with purge + mob 3 and 62 shield she can't keep the casters alive long enough because there is little to none blocking in RvR compared to PvE.

So can any experienced (ex) pally give me some usefull tips and tricks for RvR? In how I can be the most usefull to my guild group? (and no i don't consider going 2-h vialable since i will need to be the block-bot on guild PvE raids).

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Blockyou Diesalot (lvl 50 pally 2.6 RR)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
If you play on classic, I think your job is to make sure the tanks don't run out of end (if you're playing a tank group that is) and be sure to switch guard often so you have guard on the caster/healer that has the assist train on em...Other than that I haven't played a pally so I can't help you further (altho I played a s/s Armsman and that's kinda similar to a pally ;))

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
90% of the time when taking tanks into consideration your facing DW opponents, and chance to block against these is halved, and when you take it into account that theres normally more than 1 of them at a time - it's logical to accept that your not going to stand for very long. Just slam them, and don't bother standing around for long unless you've got BG, and if you play Classic you won't have this. If you do play ToA and you want to be semi effective in RvR, you need Grapple / BG and an effective template.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if your on a TOA server get BG, from here get some items such as Battler for the abs charge or wing helm for the melee style dmg absorbtion, when the MA try to kill you (when they know your bg'ing a offensive caster they will turn on you sooner or later) you will be able to cope with the dmg, you wont block mutplie duel wielders that much so you need to slam 1-2 and then grapple the 3rd while the caster does his job.

your casters will also need to do more than just nuke, if you are guarding Caster A but Caster B needs help, tell him before you go out "if you are in trouble come to me" if he waits for you to come he will get hit everytime, if he comes to you then there is less chance he will be hit, plus it saves you chasing him all over the place.

1 Person (you) wont stop a MA, your only there to piss them off and slow them down, when i played my paladin i would usually BG a chanter (camlann), groups knew what i was there for so evetually i would have (1guild group) rr10 savage rr9 zerker plus some other tank on me, i would use wing helm to lower their dmg, slam 2 and grapple the other while the chanter pbaoe, i would use my buff shears to try and aoe shear all 3 of them.

Hope this helps :)

Bahumat Paladin 6L3

Rieveth

Fledgling Freddie
Can see your a saracen and you only will have 5 less dex then a Koblad warrior. But how much dex cap do you have in your template?

Master of block is good but also you will need a nice amount of aug dex. Dex is the multiplier for your blocking. So like if your 62 shield gives you 31% blocking and you got 5% base to block and master of blocking 3 10% then you will have 46% chance to block. Now your dex multiplies that % and gives you your real chance to block. Now we dont know how much dex gives what multiplier because im sure mythic want to keep that a secret but the more dex you get the more effective your basic 46% to block will be.

So if i was you I would go for aug dex 3 next. Then after that get master of blocking 4 and aug dex 4. You should block very nice. Also if you dont come close to 26 dex cap I would try getting that also.

There has been a cap put on blocking chances because people was able to get 100% chance to block. But the cap is dependant on how many attackers there are. 1 person your max % chance to block is 80%, 90% max chance to block with 2 people attacking and for 3 or more attackers your max chance to block is 99%. so if your facing alot of tank groups then I would try aim to hit the caps if you want to be a block bot.

Mostly everything will be dependant on how much practice you get and how good you get. You will have to get fast at getting to your group members when needed, getting your group members to stop and not move if they are kiting or if they was about to kite and also slaming tanks fast. You will proberly have to get used to two people being attacked by tanks at the same time and get good judgement on what one you are better of in saving.

There is a good hib movie with hero point of view from a guild on excal called Dem Hibbies. The hero blocks alot, slams at good times. Also he pulls out his LW and twats people to death too. Can download it here http://www.rpgfilms.net/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=593

dutchman

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for the different replies

Hello first of all thanks for the replies.

I play on glastonbury (classic) so a lot of the mentioned skills wont be available for me.

My RvR template is finished (on paper) and caps on dex. But i still need to get the non-SC'd items (atm my buffed dex is 336 but i guess it must get higher).

I guess I will go with the tips Rieveth gave in regards to also upping my dex cap a bit with aug dex to get the most out of my blocking skills. Since as my name implies I really would like to guard and protect the plp in my (guild) group.

Regards,

Blockyou Diesalot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom