-RG-Jaond

Was looking at my spec after 1.62

What u guys think about this?

44 Sword
44 CS
33 Stealth
34 Env
15 La

Im gonna use 2 weapons, should i lower env to get more in La or what u guys think?

N

Nichneven

hmm... i'm not an authority on this at all, but I would personally want more LA with the spec that you've listed. I would probably give up more sword or CS spec rather than lower the env tbh :/

Dunno I could be totally wrong.

I'm going to go 5-spec and this is what I came up with:

39LA
39CS
34 Axe
30 Env
34/35 Stealth

Anyone have thoughts on mine?

Btw, at 40th respec, if you respec stealth will you get all of the autotrain back?

G

garnax

Yes you get your autotrain back...

if you are a 5 spec you get trubbles.

You spec in 2 lines just for styles and that cost.

You alsow have to lower you meain wep skill, and that breaks you max dmg cap down so you get harder to realy hard blows.

And you all want dubblefrost...BUT the dmg on dubblefrost aint mutch better then CS garotte (and that has a followup) and that style DONT need any stealth or you to be in special position.

I if you realy want to be 5 spec make a total of 29 in LA (with SC and RR+) then you can use garott without any main hand penalty on dmg...(duelwild without LA spec you lose 44% dmg on mian hand)

I have spended alot of respecs and respec stone and tryed diffrent specs and spended VERY mutch money on my SB
I have now found the spec I will go:

50 Sword to Get good base dmg AND max dmg cap and max +11 will get good hits on higher lvl mobs

44 CS to get all but 1 style (lose last follow up on evade move) but I still have 3 this high with +11 makes good style bonus and dmg.

35 Stealth with +11 it gets 46 on rr5 thats 50...

29 envenom well thats the point that are left..+11 amd I get the lvl 40 DOT posion and I can live with that if my targets dont :)

//garnax

R

Runolaz

I think it looks ok. I'm gonna have a similar one with 46Ax/44CS/33ST/33EN/11LA. We only get a singleline respec so I'm just switching LA for CS. From what I hear breakeven is 1/2spec+ for using 2 weapons.

S

salamurhaaja

Im considering 2 different tamplates 1.62

1)
axe50
la14
stealth32
CS44
venom29

2)
axe50
la11
stealth32
cs50
venom19

First gives me access to last debuff (29+18 venom).
Second gives maxed cs-style damage+pa, but on downside I will only get second last debuff.
LA is about same on both templates.

Could be that last debuff > bigger pa

N

Nichneven

/scream

Originally posted by garnax
if you are a 5 spec you get trubbles.

garnax, thanks for the feedback. Sadly, even with the respec from the patch and my 40 respec, I won't be able to fix all of my problems. That's because i fudged my spec early on and accidentally put 6 points into sword :( So one respec I use will be to remove the sword. I had hoped to respec my stealth as well since I was boneheaded and didn't properly autotrain it (because I was a dumb noob who didn't know a thing about sb's when I created the char).

Or I could spec sword instead of axe, but that would still leave me with my current 34+ in LA

OR I could say to hell with CS and be a fully fledged SZ.....

/help

I need advice... advice!! would it be better to just be a SZ at this point? :/ At least until I can get a respec stone?

/sniffle

H

Haldar

sorry, but according to opinions to folks at Midgard Rogue Board and TheSafeHouse, there are no viable SB specs except pure critblade - who can hunt casters only with a good success rate.

and ppl on Albion Rogue Board say that numbers of SBs already began reducing on US servers....

/sigh

F

froler-mid

ive been ganked by critblades several times....

or atleast they used CS moves....Severia, old.Aada....CS spec is not gimped. go for 44CS spec thing

N

Nichneven

i worked my butt off to have fun with my char. I'm not gonna delete it because of a nerf - that just happened to ruin my spec plans entirely.

:flame:

G

garnax

Same, I have tested many specs...my SB has a total cost of over 40p today.

Respecstones,3 af 102 99% suit,Mp suit,5 MP weapons,and 99% weapons +SC and alsh.

(ATM I have 5 MP weapons so I can swith between 2 fast 1H and 1 fast 1 slow..and to swith between a faster 2H and a slower 2H..

I will do some test any day here and check the dmg i do with 2 1H weapons and the dmg I do with only 1 1H weapon and see how mutch I lose on using 2 1H without any LA spec.

I will post the results on BW later on...

I would say try to fix respec stone...DR or buy one.

But I would say, spec as i have been thinking all along, respec the sword part then test it, try it out and see how well you do RvR.

If you think you suck the respec in some way...if you can make it alive try to get some RR on him then respec. Then you can optimice stealth spec and envenom

example if you have 35 stealth +11 gets 46 +rr5 gets 50...at RR5 you can respec and only put 34 in stealth :)

Good luck...

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by Hroft[BC]
sorry, but according to opinions to folks at Midgard Rogue Board and TheSafeHouse, there are no viable SB specs except pure critblade.
/sigh

Actually I think playing a ShadowCrafter will be the most viable after 1.62 :lol:

K

kaod

Originally posted by Nichneven
Btw, at 40th respec, if you respec stealth will you get all of the autotrain back?

You get the points back to the point that you ended autotrain.

At 50 I did a respec and only got the pts back (65) to 44 (where I started to spec stealth)
Others SB's that auto'd to 48 would get the extra points back 77 and those that ended autotrain earlier would get less.

For example, a 40th level SB who started speccing stealth at 24 would only get back 20 pts.

K

kaod

Originally posted by garnax
And you all want dubblefrost...BUT the dmg on dubblefrost aint mutch better then CS garotte (and that has a followup) and that style DONT need any stealth or you to be in special position.

Both doublefrost and garrote are anytime styles, so neither need stealth or positional.
And Garotte has a better attack bonus and gives way to less endurance sapping style.

As for Damage, doublefrost currently does more damage than garrote at similar specs (base LA 44 or CS 44) even with 2H weapon for CS.
After the nerf, I can't say.

btw: Garnax, was it you that had a char (warrior?) called Cristofer or something similar?

G

garnax

I mean the dmg on DF wont be that mutch greater after nerf ofcourse...now its alot better..

No I never had a char named Christoffer...

edit:

at bg3 I used a respecstone to be crittblade and specced stealth then...I respecced stealth at 40 and got 10 points in stealth...and i got free stealth after that too...so I got full autortrain stealth after a respec

S

Skopti

I'm gonna stick with my 44 la 44axe 34 crits 36 stealth 12 env to start with, see how things pan out after 1.62.

But if LA really is that bad I'll go 50axe 50 CS 36 stealth rest in env and go 2 hander. Pure critblade.

Guess itll be caster killing from now on.

Either way we will be RP cows for every Inf and NS out there.

Just need to sort out my qbar

PA
CD
SS
/release

Prolly use /release as my back up style if I run into an Inf or NS.

Z

zmurf

Garnax no u didn't get full auto trained stealth ill explain in a more simple way
if u didnt autotrain to 40 and u respec at 40, ur stealth will go to 10 at the respec BUT u wont get back the point's u used to get these 10 (2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10)
If u DID autotrain to 40 and u respec then (if u point's in stealth at lvl 40 before respec) u get 10 base stealth again but u DIDNT pay for this spec so u get to lvl 10 stealth for free, saving normal point's used for 10 stealth (again 2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10)
now same goes for at lvl 50 using a stone or given respec, u get to 12 nomatter if u autotrained or not BUT if u didnt autotrain u have ALLREADY payed for these point's ...

ill allso explain why ;)

If u got to 0 when respeccing WITHOUT having autotrain, then u could just go to trainer and spam click on him and get ur autotrain's like u had never been there, atleast that's my guess why mythic made this system with respec on skill's u autotrain.

Before ppl comment i HAVE tested this both respeccing a NONE autotrained char and a FULLY autotrained char so im more or less 100% sure ;)

N

Nichneven

so that means there's no reason for me to respec stealth?

I stopped autotraining at 20 or 24 i can't remember.

Bloody hell, why is a SB so damn difficult to figure out? Why can't u just get the stupid autotrain and all the points back if you respec the stealth line? Isn't that the point of a respec - you cancel it out completely, as if you had NEVER specced in that line????

/scream

Z

zmurf

hehe well in a way autotrain is a reward for NOT using that specline for a long time, im pretty sure that was the original purpose, but that's how it turned out, and by allowing ppl to "autotrain" using a respec make's it free for all and not just for ppl who focused on NOT using that ability to lvl, like i maxed la+a when lvling my sb and never stealthed nor used crit style's

N

Nichneven

yeah but the only reason I stopped autotrain was because I wanted to have fun in the BG's...

and besides, how often do you see people asking a SB to group? The higher stealth is necessary if you want to pull off any style opening that requires stealth (and enough stealth to let u sneak up and hit the mob without being unstealthed by another). Even a SZ needs to find a way around mobs now and then.

And if Mythic really wants to make the BG's an important aspect of the game, they should really rethink autotrain because it is NOT fun running around a BG with 5 stealth when everyone else can see you plain as day.

I wish i was an ignorant n00b. Knowing all of this just depresses me.

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by Nichneven
The higher stealth is necessary if you want to pull off any style opening that requires stealth (and enough stealth to let u sneak up and hit the mob without being unstealthed by another). Even a SZ needs to find a way around mobs now and then.
that's excacly why, for NOT using crit styles and stealth u get a bonus since in a way it's supposed to be harder to solo/lvl in general without these, atleast that what i think it has become

N

Nichneven

/cry

I just want a sb, not a science project...

does anyone have a tissue?

K

kaod

Originally posted by zmurf
Garnax no u didn't get full auto trained stealth ill explain in a more simple way
if u didnt autotrain to 40 and u respec at 40, ur stealth will go to 10 at the respec BUT u wont get back the point's u used to get these 10 (2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10)
If u DID autotrain to 40 and u respec then (if u point's in stealth at lvl 40 before respec) u get 10 base stealth again but u DIDNT pay for this spec so u get to lvl 10 stealth for free, saving normal point's used for 10 stealth (again 2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10)
now same goes for at lvl 50 using a stone or given respec, u get to 12 nomatter if u autotrained or not BUT if u didnt autotrain u have ALLREADY payed for these point's ...

ill allso explain why ;)

If u got to 0 when respeccing WITHOUT having autotrain, then u could just go to trainer and spam click on him and get ur autotrain's like u had never been there, atleast that's my guess why mythic made this system with respec on skill's u autotrain.

Before ppl comment i HAVE tested this both respeccing a NONE autotrained char and a FULLY autotrained char so im more or less 100% sure ;)

/nod - and explained slightly better than mine - thanks. :)

I've done the respec with 2 SB auto'd to different levels, and also with stealth for BG.
Best way to check is to go to the char builder, put in the amount of bonus points you auto'd to get, and then see the points total.

K

kaod

It's actually easier to leave stealth at auto and spec LA, then at 40 /respec Left Axe and use the points elsewhere, saving some for stealth at 44 or 48.
You also then pull with throwing daggers rather than using PA and finding yourself in aggro range of about 10 other mobs. :)

SB's popping out of stealth for a big CS is one of the reasons people don't want to group with them, the first hit is so hard you get too much aggro, needing lots of heals due to low hp and lack of armour for a "tank", else you have to wait till toward the end of the fight to do it, and get accused of not chipping in to the fight.

Z

zmurf

imo ppl should just make a sb and go for lvl 50 with it with autotrain and then make a seperate sb for bg and now with lvl 19 bg u can task all ur way there like 1 days work at a max

S

Skopti

With the upcomming /level command I'll prolly roll another sb or 2 for BG, poor old Ragnar auto'd stealth to 44, so BG wasnt quite so much fun.

N

Nichneven

pardon my lang, but i feel as if my char is perma-phucked now...

G

garnax

Now you realy lost me in the stealth respec.

If I spec stealth to 40 then respec I get 10 stealth but I will pay for does with 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10 no mater if i want or not?

So if you ever specc stealth and respec I will always have payed for the first 10?

Did I get it right?

G

garnax

I checked a friend that alswo specced stealth and respecced at 40...he is 44 now.

He has 39 Sword 40 CS 33 envenom 11 stealth and 148 points to spec with. (he got 10 at respec and a autotrain at 44)

Cost:

Sword: 779

CS: 819

Envenom: 560

= 2158

at 44 you have a total of 2325

2325 - 2158 = 167

He respecced stealth and now has the 11 he should have...

He should have 167 and have 148 and 11 stealth costs 65.

167-65 is 102

So if he had specced in stealth to 10 with points (no autotrain) he should have 102 free...but he has 147...

Sumup. How you try to twist and turn you cant get it right.

This spec with 0 autotrain would give him 102 left to spec for

This spec with 11 autotrain (lvl 44) would give him 167 left to spec for

This spec with 9 autotrain (lvl 36) would give him 145 left to spec for

But he has 148 left to spec for...

PLZ can someone plz try to explain this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom