Help Need some advice for MS Access 2003

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction with an Access database I'm putting together at work, I've never used access before this morning :(

Basically it's a pretty simple thing with a front page of a form with 4 fields recorded to a table:

Date - Type - Time taken - actions taken

Date is just the date, type is a drop down list and the others are just single digit numbers.

What I was wondering is if it would be possible to create reports that

A) Shows a bar graph with only the last months or 30 days of entries
B) Shows a graph where users can choose which month they want to view, ie click january and it shows you a graph with only january's data.

Any help would be very much appreciated, and remember to keep any explanations simple :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
To attain that it's just a matter of the Query you do against the table:

"Select * from [TableName] where Month(Date) = Month(Now) - 1 and Year(Date) = Year(Now)"
That's last month
"Select * from [TableName] where Month(Date) = Month(dropodwonmonth.SelectedValue) and Year(Date) = Year(Now)"
Thats for the single month selection.

As for the rest of your question i'll pass to some1 more keen on Access 2003 and Frontpage cause i'm more on C# and Sql ^^

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Was hoping Gahn would post more than that, as I've not used either apps for ages and I'm ultra-rusty (and I tend to avoid using Access at all as my DBMS, though for small things, I guess it's fine.) . If I'm right (please correct me people if I'm wrong) there should be a way to use pivot tables in Access (i'm not 100% on this) or be a way to make them using access information. Basically a way to make a 'interactive chart' which lets you pick out data based on days/months/other selection criterium.

Sorry I can't be much more help. Suggest googling: Pivot Tables

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I would link the Access table to Excel and then create a Pivot Table and charts in excel. Much easier...

Chilly

Balls of steel
I fucking love pivot tables. Work I did in malta was made 100000000000000000x easier by their use.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I would link the Access table to Excel and then create a Pivot Table and charts in excel. Much easier...

Yeah this is what I ended up doing, couldnt get them to work in Access for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom