Need ideas

A

AoE HoE

Aoe Hoe is logged at Excalibur constantly to prevent invaders taking the relics, (loads of RP on Sunday for me heh). I'm not sure what I should do now...i'm too lazy to lvl another Wiz and want to make an alt to spend time in 20-24 BG

i can't think of a class to make... HELP!

Wizards = slow (i hate slowness)
Sorcs = pain to lvl
Rouges = too many
Theurgs = suck in rvr
Clerics = slow

HELP ME CHOOOOOOSE plzzzzzzzzz

perhaps i'll choose cleric + do full time siege crafting...they uber fun :p

O

old.Sirex_85

Friars rock RvR cuz ppl think there casters.Also very fun PvE with ur staff and doin uber dmg,fun to solo, can heal so id say thats a good choice

Z

zlair

Yup, don't EVER make a theurgist... We suck big time in RvR :(

...unless u wanna help ppl to lvl, then we rock ;)

S

-Steph-

FFS Hoe! You got too many alts!

PL meh cleric!!!!!!

What's happened to moooooo?

Z

zlair

Originally posted by old.Outlaw
Thuergist suck in RvR?????

Be serious!

...either Theurg suck in RvR or I do ;P ... seems like lvl35 assasins have me for dinner way too often :/

O

old.Outlaw

Er Aoe....theurgists suck in RvR....which Forum did u read that shit in?

Speed...BT...Decent DD....AE Mezz.....AE root....Uber Buffs....

Get Real ..We ROX :cool:

Oh u prolly mean at soloing...hmm I'd rather be a Theurg than a wizz when NolbyPride tries to have a pop! :m00:

Oh and how many times have u hidden in my Ice pets to advance the nme? :clap:

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by AoE HoE
Sorcs = pain to lvl

Err, I tried a Sorc on Alb as my first ever char there. I levelled amazing quickly. Just kill task out of Pry Bridge and WD and you have a plentiful supply of lovely pets and generally don't get sent too far away.

And I could solo really well, iirc. With 2x mezz and a pet I was handling mutiple adds and coming out alive (although I had slightly soiled underpants afterwards)

Sorcs are a great class, really wish I played Alb so I could give one a spin again....

X

--xion--

hey if u know how to use a therugist in rvr then we kinda do rock m8 :):clap:

M

Motowntheta

Friar ... you get to wear nice leather skirts :)

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by zlair

...either Theurg suck in RvR or I do ;P ... seems like lvl35 assasins have me for dinner way too often :/

yesterday i played on a friends account with a 50 theur on (35earth/41ice) made loads of rp's that night :) died about 3times (twice during the wallfight) and was gr8 fun :D

(on US servers tho :p )

S

statix

Hear is wild and crazy idea ...Why dont you make a Merc

1 You lvl quickly
2 When you cant get a grp , you solo oranges always get good
xp
3 Were practically extinct on Excal, so you should have no
problem with equipment , armour etc
4 I always get a grp (well within a 30 min at tanglers these days,
depending off course...)
5 Their a nice class to play , but thats probably the same for
everyone , Ive always enjoyed lvling my merc , its never been
to boring , processing gobbos and such, plus i like the idea of
being a mercenary.
6`you get to Duel wield swords , which i think looks cool
charactor wise.
7 In Rvr , which is what realy its all about , you can rip casters to
pieces while thier tanks concentrate on ours or you can stand
by a tank and hack into someone while your tank takes the
slaps for you..etc etc
8 In patch 1.52 We should be getting some better mellee damge
styles , special attacks etc

Well thats why im a merc anyway , why dont you try being one
and if you think their crap delete . Their a little bit different but
their fun to play

Just my 2 yoyos

K

Khalen

ROFL Cleric slow? Well my cleric is lvl 41.5 now and has only 6 days of play time... I wouldn't really call that slow...

O

old.Paranoid

Mercs do rule,

I have a lvl 35 one for the BGs and he cuts up everybody its great!

as for info about my chars..,.

Infiltrator - GREAT fun in rvr and PvE.. but often hard to find a grp (although 12 days Play time at 43... but only 6K RPs)

Theurg - GREAT Fun in Pve... he is a bit low for RvR atm.. but im sure he would be good looking at Outlaw.. only problem being its hard to get a grp if u dont have PBT :(

Minstrel - Okay fun... get a bit bored in PvE after 40 lvls of playing manna song! :( RvR u r good cos of speed... but hey.. there ok.. i just think i got a bit bored.

Merc - Great in the BGs... kill everybody :p tanks die, everybody dies, but... you are a tank... :p

O

old.Paranoid

Originally posted by Khalen
ROFL Cleric slow? Well my cleric is lvl 41.5 now and has only 6 days of play time... I wouldn't really call that slow...

could he mean Speed wise.. as in.. walking speed

O

old.LandShark

corr yeah friars are so uber in RvR....

at the end of the day, you're sitting mezzed like anyone else. And you don't have the HP or absorb of a real tank either.
Uber damage with your staff? Bah, 2H pallies outdamage us mate, unless we're hasted :p

N

)nick(

Originally posted by Khalen

I think he means the running speed :)

And minstrels are really cool. Although when solo having buffs helps.

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by old.LandShark
ah, 2H pallies outdamage us mate, unless we're hasted :p

Nope, Nosirreee, def not lol hehe

Do suck RvR tho, cept when that glorious one on one comes, you see that norse runnning you down thinking: 'heh easy kill' and BLAM: you can almost see the person on the other PC going WTFWTF he is wacking me for 300???? hehe, its a rare but special moment.

All my alts should have speed ability thats the most important thing lol

I don't care bout the rest so long as I don't have to fricking jog anywhere anymore:)

D

-Dreama-

Sorcerers are not sucky to lvl...I never have a problem getting a grp, well, maybe in dungons I did, but if you can handle a week of begging for groups at catacombs lvl then you can lvl a sorc pretty fast. I ususally have 3 group invites within 10 minutes of logging on if I'm not anon now that I'm at tangler lvl. I like the sorc in RvR cuz CC is to to awsome, I mean to mezz someone have time to dance with em, have a cup of tea, take a nap, then come back and kill them is just to much fun! Ok, so it's geta a bit borring mezzing goblins for what seems like 150 lvls but the RvR makes it worth it.

O

old.Kerosene

I think most classes are acceptable in RvR.. it's the content of the group that might not be..

In The Merry Men, we consistently have a group of...

Coren - Friar
Sibanac - Mercenary
Coilla - Scout
Kerosene - Theurg
Canute - Theurg (nice 5 sec PBT pulse between us with AoE mez and root)
Chilly - Cleric
Felde - Cleric
Hank - Armsman

Every single player there has a definate use to the group and we can often defeat groups of similar or slightly larger sizes.

So RvR wise, don't worry too much about class as you'll have your niche somewhere.

Fun wise? Only got a Merc and Theurg and out of the two, the Thuerg levelled 15 times faster (ish :p ) and was definately more fun. It's great saying you're logging to go to bed and the group you're in says leave your char logged on with PBT :) You come back in the morning at your bind point with a bunch more xp :D

Kerosene - Lvl 40 Theurg
Kerulsene - Lvl 41 Mercenary
Numbnuts of The Merry Men

C

c0ngo

Xion & Outlaw

Maybe you should talk to the 1st 2 thurgs to hit 50 in Alb on Excali (Raistlin and Kantz) and ask them what their alts are.
I'll save you the trouble they both lvled Minsts for RvR. I talk to both la ot and guess what they prefer their Minsts for RvR and are sick of getting ganked by assassins and running out of power with their mains when in RvR.

If I was choosing my alt now I'd probably go Sorc but I'm very happy with my alt Minst now it sees no Purple cons :)

K

K0nah

Outlaw dinged RR5 last night fyi. I think with casters it all comes down to balls and brains. I myself marvel at Outlaw and Zoysters courage/stupidity in Emain everytime I see em :)

Sure Outlaw gets whacked plenty, but he just gets a rez and gets back on with it. Thats the attitude u have to have to RvR with a caster imo.

C

c0ngo

Originally posted by K0nah
Outlaw dinged RR5 last night fyi.

Gratz to him then but that doesn't make his class good in RvR, it just means he goes RvR alot.

U play a Scout, what classes do you look out for RvR and which ones do u avoid ?

If it wasn't for stealth I'd lvl my thurg but after trying it in the BG I'll probably just delete it.

D

deadparrot

Originally posted by AoE HoE

Theurgs = suck in rvr

Being able to root, mess. speed, buff, bt and cast about 14 casting dd/snare pets on a full power bar is bad?

I havent tried much solo rvr tho, but whats the point when u end up running into large groups of mids/hibs?

Users who are viewing this thread