Need help with merc template!

Merrow

Fledgling Freddie
As the topic sais!
Need help with merc template (im slash).

any help is apriciated.

Benedictine_Everdrunk

Fledgling Freddie
Some points

Greets,
Played 1½ years merc mostly in RvR and here are few toughts,

RR1
50+11 Dualwield
50+11 Slash
28+11 Parry (31 if autotrained)

or
50+11 DW
50+11 Slash
30 Parry (autotrained, 27 if not)
7 Shield (personally suggest this, cause nothing is more annoying to be targeted by some sniper and dont have any defence at all, with shield7 you can engage sniper and laugh at his arrows)

I mostly used DW50 front style and Amethyst Slash+Diamond Slash combo. So put those 3 styles in quickbar. The merc fumble <dust in enemy eyes> insta is one of the most important skills you have, use it in every battle, if soloing or rvr 1fg vs 1fg situations.

If you want raise defence, dont raise parry but take Master of Parry RA, ie. level 2 or higher. If you plan to RvR almost all of the time, i suggest you still think possibility to take Thrust over Slash. My highlander merc did better in rvr with thrust than slash (respecced from slash to thrust), simply cause hardest targets in 1fg vs 1fg were mid chain classes... those are vulnerable to thrust and resist slash... if you ever have tried get RR8+ dwarf healer in shining chain down with 2 slash weapons, you know what frustration is ;) We had ones x2 slash mercs in assist train on one rr9 dwarf healer and he laughed on us trying to get him down :)

Other important issues,
You will be MA in rvr groups and also overdamage all other melee classes if played right styles in PvE...

Cap these TOA bonuses and resists in template,
- Melee damage 10%
- Melee style damage 10%
- Melee speed 10%
- AF +52
- Hits cap +200
- Thrust, Slash, Crush (obvious)
- Body
- Hits 200 (+200 from hits cap raise)
- Any additional resists (like energy)

--> So at resists, cap melee ones first, you will be most of the time head to head on enemy melees. Maximize damage you doing, cause thats your job as mercenary, leave those defence thingies to other classes ;) Actually these basic template issues goes imho for all tanks.

Regards,
Benedictine Everdrunk, :cheers: Friar RR6L7
<LFG currently>

Karnat

Fledgling Freddie
Take a look at this thread think you could find it useful. Dont know how updated the items are though. That is if stats have changed etc as i havent been active for some time now.

Hi Bene btw :cheers:

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
get as much str cap as possisble, so 26 and good toa bonusses :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom