Need help to spec a infil

A

amuse

ive made up my mind... starting a infil... need help now., and plz no "inf sucks" "to many infs" replys, i play what i want to play ;)

can any1 give me a good spec that doesnt involve autotrain, and some nice wpns to use. what class.. what i should use my 30 stat points that i get when i make the char on etc ;)

O

old.Morchaoron

Dont really know a good spec but autotraining is worth it, its just stealth and you wont be using it until you start rvring at 50
(and if you go thrust your useless anyway until 50)

also, if you autotrain you can spend the points in more combat skills while levelling, its also group friendlier ;)

A

amuse

ok.. il autotrain if u PL me 1-20 ;)

im going to make a /level, if i dont get some1 to PL me the 20 lvls ;)

O

old.windforce

50 thrust
39 critical strike
35-37 stealth
35-37 envenom
2x dual wield

all depending on whn you want life bane / max stealth

or
50 thrust
50 dual wield
3x stealth
3x envenom

starts working at level 50 cause you get good DW and trust styles

or
50 slash (good anytime styles)
44 CS
etc

dual wield 50 is a good front positional style
slash 29 50 is a great anytime chain
trust 50 is the best style in game off evade
CS is to make up for anytime crap styles in thrust (garrote / archilles heal)

A

amuse

going to go crit strike... have a merc, so DW is not that funny anymore ;)

A

amuse

i just hafto say this.. YAY!!!!! got my pass 10 secs ago! :p

A

amuse

is this spec good enugh?
50 Thrust
39 Cs
37 Stealth
37 Env
21 DW

duknow if its with or withoute autotrain.. made it on char builder on catacombs

O

old.windforce

looks fine

this is lifebaane at RR3

maybe lower stealt 1 or 2 points to get slightly higher DW

if you are not uber 1337 and want to be RR6 in 4 weeks this is fine

Neonblue,

off course all classes are needed
some are more desirable then others though and the use for earth wizzies is a bit situational or requires a very good bunch players to utilise. The good player prefer tankgroups atm for obvious reasons. And tanks are defined as reaver / merc / polearms and 1 paladin in a group

A

amuse

ok.. so i got my spec.. now i need to lvl ;)

any1 want to have a char PLed, so we can make a nice little PL deal, PL for PL... remember, im a uber RR 2L9 necro ;P

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by old.windforce

Neonblue,

off course all classes are needed
some are more desirable then others though and the use for earth wizzies is a bit situational or requires a very good bunch players to utilise. The good player prefer tankgroups atm for obvious reasons. And tanks are defined as reaver / merc / polearms and 1 paladin in a group

good players prefer tank groups ?
obvious reasons being ?....sorry i dont see any

only 1 i see if that if u got a group full of tanks..and perhaps 1/2 healers then..then all they gotta worry about is keeping the healers alive...which granted will be hard enough for alb tanks..as they dont seem to have a clue about protection most of the time!

yes i understand earth wizzies aint built for open rvr...but i was commenting on casters in general...what happend to ppl wanting earth theurgs for PBT...or cabbies for near sight...etc etc

i just dont think its fair that half of Albs classes should be left out of RvR just because ppl cant adapt to playing with these chars

A

amuse

Originally posted by NeonBlue
good players prefer tank groups ?
obvious reasons being ?....sorry i dont see any

only 1 i see if that if u got a group full of tanks..and perhaps 1/2 healers then..then all they gotta worry about is keeping the healers alive...which granted will be hard enough for alb tanks..as they dont seem to have a clue about protection most of the time!

yes i understand earth wizzies aint built for open rvr...but i was commenting on casters in general...what happend to ppl wanting earth theurgs for PBT...or cabbies for near sight...etc etc

i just dont think its fair that half of Albs classes should be left out of RvR just because ppl cant adapt to playing with these chars

what does this have to do with my post? :)

J

Juiliet

Lifebane is overvaluated, str/con debuff and disease on main weapons, snare on third blade and poison on a fourth if you havent killed the bastards in the PA chain + a few Amethyst Slash, seems to work great. Debuff and disease takes my 50 cleric to below 30 str togheter, and you rather want enemy weaponskill/damage to be low than have a few ticks of like 50 damage(after resists). Low weaponskills means you dont get hit.

Personally specced 44 slash 50 cs 37 stealth 35 envenom 19 dw and are loving it (autotrained stealth to level 48).

A

amuse

wont have the abilety to autotrain stealth to 48, couse im making a /level char, and want to have fun in bg :) will make the best oute of it though :p

J

Juiliet

ok, then remember to spec 1 point stealth, then respec it away with level 20 respec, you get autotrained to 5 stealth that way

T

Tractartus

Just a *personal opinion* here, but I have another view on autotraining:

I have a level 50 Inf and I found training stealth to be *very* useful- its hard to get groups so stealth is good to (a) get past mobs, and (b) get a PA off.

I am a Thrust Inf too and would hardly say its useless till 50, I was doing good damage and soloing yellow con mobs unbuffed. Well, mostly ;) I realise that some other classes can do orange/ red con mobs but there you go. Levelling was slow but perfectly possible.

However, if you think you can group most levels then autotrain will make sense. Then you'll have more points in damage skills and be more group friendly.

Main thing- have fun:)

P

- Pathfinder -

Slash is better for levelling; thrust doesn't really offer anything until you hit 50 and get dragonfang. Whatever you do, if you do go thrust, you need to spec to 50 in it :p

T

Tractartus

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
Whatever you do, if you do go thrust, you need to spec to 50 in it :p

Agree:) Just trying to say that you can play an Inf with thrust, its not gimped below 50, just nothing special.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

for a slash inf how does this non autotrained template sound:

44 slash (diamond slash aint that good)
44 cs
37 stealth
37 envenom
25 DW

A

amuse

might be going to respec to slash to hunt stealthers at 40, if it gets to boring hunting only caster and loosing to other stealthers ;) (not that a thrust inf is any more gimp than a ns or SB) :p

will se how thrust is in BGs.

A

amuse

Juiliet.. if u want to share ur SC template id be happy to copy it :p dont know jack aboute SCing or infils atm, exept that its fun to play (yes, ive tryed one) :p

L

liste

44 slash (diamond slash aint that good)
44 cs
37 stealth
37 envenom
25 DW

Thats my spec, if you lower stealth and envenom 1 and up DW. I know i know. i have a respec to lower either one of them, to up DW, but.. cba :p

It's a good spec, yup. if you consider going high RR, 50 slash might be your choice, for that extra Weaponskill. So lower CS 39 and and for stealth/Envenom at 50 when you hit rr5 or 6. should give you a reasonable DW still.

O

old.Sohawen

This is my gimp spec tho or will be at rr6
and i auto stealth to lvl 24

Cs 50
Slash 44
Stealth 34
Dw 23
Env 34

J

Juiliet

Originally posted by amuse
Juiliet.. if u want to share ur SC template id be happy to copy it :p dont know jack aboute SCing or infils atm, exept that its fun to play (yes, ive tryed one) :p

Wont be of much help, using only random generated jewelry gotten when i leveled in avalon city, so wont be able to duplicate. (getting drops on both the inf and my icewiz from 1-50 on taskers kinda left me with like 4 complete sets of jewelry, saving my pygmy gem/oil drenched/roman coppers/etc till i make masterpiece template.)

A

amuse

ok :)
got a SC calc and got explaind how to use it, so il be ok.. just made a lvl 24 sc template :) <feels proude> :p

Edit: ficed a typo

M

myrnith

imho i would go slash all the way to 40 then respec to 40 in the bgs and PVE slash rocks. I as a NS when i encounter a slash infil die fast, and even when i duel Bladeshades. Slash vrs leather owns and ull b having loads of fun killing leather users in a few hits after u BS/PA. Respecc to pierce after 40 cos when ur Odins Emain etc, Pierce is the main thing has great Defense bounus and lvl50 style is ubber . So there ya have it. Just dont forget to put points in DW as if u dont ur ofhand will be worthless cos it wont hit a thing. :)

Happy Huntin !

R

Rambo

an infil with less envenom than 50 and less stealth than 50, is crap. Stealthers power is poisons and also PA, so...

50 Thrust
44 Critical Strike
35 envenom
35 Stealth
rest DW

or

50 Critical Strike
44 Slash
35 Envenom
35 Stealth
rest DW

ofc thats specs for RR5. And you will be gimped till you get there if you start with that, so you start with more venom and stealth and you respec after with a ra stone, or you play much being gimped till you reach RR5. After you do this, get Vanish, purge, Dualist reflexes (max 3), Dodger 2.
Also... dont make a template with low venom and use some venom item when you want 2 repoison your swords, big mistake.
Also get more swords and have them rdy poisoned for speciall cases...

imo the 50 thrust spec is better ...DF for teh win.

Rambo has spoken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom