Need help from you lot...

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Well it seems I will be going to Nottingham University soon to begin a teaching course in English...

Just wanted to know what the city's like, etc.

Anyone live in Nottingham or know about it?

D

doh_boy

went there for a day once and a weekend (two seperate occasions). The day was fun just mooching around shops/bars nice overall and remember to goto a pub by the name of 'Pit & Pendulum' top pub.

As for the weekend (stag do) it was a great craic, loads of women but not many attractive ones. :/

Also my mates' sister went there and said it was top as well.

Goto holme pierpoint aswell top laugh.

X

Xtro

Its a fucking shithole.

Rock City is ok for gigs and has some decent nights - thats about it.

W

Will

Originally posted by Xtro
Rock City is all I remember about Nottingham.

X

Xtro

Sorry mate, it makes Sheffield look glamorous...and that's something.

I knew Will would have been to Rock City :)

W

Will

I knew Will would have been to Rock City :)
I remember getting pizza in there after arriving in Nottingham at about 11pm, then there was some beer, and dancing on a stage...its all very fuzzy, and some of it is in double vision.

T

Tom

I did a shoot in Nottingham a few months ago, the subject was how much violence there is on a weeked, due to alchohol.

Be warned Dolly, apparently, the city centre is a dangerous place for students.

X

Xtro

Lol Will, that damn stage is famous.

Not been for a while now, the last time I went I got kicked out for headbutting some wanker who was hassling a girl.

As for being dodgy for students - not really any more than any other grim Northern town.

G

Gef

I went to Rock City years ago, slept in some really crappy dorm room of some guy I knew from school. Saw Reef/Symposium, was a good night, think I still have the membership card in my wallet.

L

~Lazarus~

never been

Too many bloody english tbh - and they all dress up in tights and hide in the forest!

G

Gef

Its been there like 6 years or summit, so its a bit manky now :p

rockcity.jpg

T

Tom

As for being dodgy for students - not really any more than any other grim Northern town.

lol northern?

Mr Offa would have something to say about that.

X

Xtro

*ponders over the chance to enter exciting debate as to whether Nottingham is in the North or Midlands for all of .000001 seconds and decides against for odd reason*

P

Pakman

*ponders over the chance to enter exciting debate as to whether Nottingham is in the North or Midlands for all of .000001 seconds and decides against for odd reason*

Probably because it blatenly isn't Northern hence no discussion of the issue required.

...and they all dress up in tights and hide in the forest!

heh

T

throdgrain

Dolly there are many many more women than blokes in Notts. I know this for a fact. Its a great town, and when I went up there I can't say I ever noticed much more or less violence than anywhere else.
Bear in mind this was 15 years ago (longer probably) but anyway if I was going to college and about 20 years old I would love to go to Nottingham, it would be my first choice :)

W

Will

Originally posted by throdgrain
...I would love to go to Nottingham, it would be my first choice :)
After Edinburgh, of course.;)

T

throdgrain

You're kidding will, Nottingham is the Far North to me m8 :)

W

Wilier

Sheep, you fluffy old git, I live near Nottingham.

'nuff said really.

Shoppings good, clubs used to be very good (but that was back in the very early 90's. Fitba teams arse, but there used to be a really good bike shop called Shockwave, who sold all manner of Titanium Action Tech bits, before Titanium became de-rigeur for bicycles that is.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Ah well.

Had a change of heart and decided to go for a full-time course in Carlisle.

Ah, walking in those lovely fields.

S

]SK[

Originally posted by old.D0LLySh33p
Anyone live in Nottingham or know about it?

Hrh :D

Nottingham isnt really a shit hole, the north isnt too attractive but south side is nice. Very expensive though so I moved to the
north :|

Nottm is East Midlands btw not North.

The violence isnt that bad, sure theres lots of shootings and muggings but if you travel in the wrong area your going to hear that. The centre is great for night life btw. You say Nottm uni which is the posher/geeker Uni of the two unis here. Nice and big, Ive got lost a few times driving round it. Youll probs end up with a pizza job in Beeston like most students ive seen do. Roads are busy atm with them doing the tram tracks.

O

old.Fweddy

Ah well.

You're a f*cking stalker! I've just moved to Nottingham and I'm going to Uni in Carlisle. :eek6:

M

Maljonic

Ah well.

OMG no! Change back to Nottingham quick! Carlisle is an aweful place, full of slappers and you'll be stabbed to death within a month guaranteed...

Y

Yoni

Nottingham is a really nice place :) - two of my greatest friends live there and I absolutely love the place :clap:

S

sonicyouth

I know someone at the uni there. In fact, I know two people at the uni there.

How's that for utterly useless and pointless trivia?

E

Embattle

Its a fucking shithole.

I thought this was a common theme with any place above London, generally getting worse the higher you go :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom