Advice Need a decent To Do List / Calendar. One App to rule them all, one App to bind them

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Can anyone offer up a decent app that can sync with Android, IOS and Exchange. Basically I want to have a to do list / calendar. I need something better for time management

TIA

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I tend to use Google for everything. All of my calendars sync to Google calendar, and Google Keep is by far the best note, to-do and reminder app ever.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Cheers for the replies. @babs I would use Google Calendar but not sure if I can sync with outlook. Basically I use exchange for work but I want to have push notifications to my phone or ipad if I have an upcoming event or item to do. Can I get Exchange talking to Google ?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You can sync with Thunderbird and I'm certain you can do the same with Outlook. You just go into Google Calendar options, it gives you a few different urls for sharing with various other applications or individuals. iCal, that kind of thing.

On my phone, I use Touch Calendar as it has a nice, detailed widget for my home screen.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If you've got Google Apps for Business then there is a plugin they do for Outlook, which imports all you Calendars, Contacts, Mail etc into Outlook. Pretty sure there's a way to do it manually if you're using normal Google Apps, the Outlook plugin works a treat though - I use it all day every day at work with no complaints.

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's bloody annoying that they charge for Google Apps now. Even to setup email via gmail for one user on a custom domain, it's 3 € pcm (iirc) per user.

Tilda

If you've got Google Apps for Business then there is a plugin they do for Outlook, which imports all you Calendars, Contacts, Mail etc into Outlook. Pretty sure there's a way to do it manually if you're using normal Google Apps, the Outlook plugin works a treat though - I use it all day every day at work with no complaints.

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync
So I'm a home user, do you think if I paid for a month of Gapps, then cancelled, the plugin would keep working?

I really miss being able to add something to my outlook calendar and then have it sync to my phone. I wish MS and Google would just play nicely together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom