Necro's bad image

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by samildanachh
oh and the reason they think they r so good/know everything is cuz they wtfpwn in pve.
then they complain about how gimped they class is, all i can say to them is HAHAHAHAH
sorry
but ive had so many bad experiences with necro's, way way more than with other classes.

I coulda sworn I saw your clerics name at the white lights with the necro the other day.....

:)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Tootz
Remember borrowing a friends necro to help do the templar epic in barrows and as soon as he entered the entrance someone PMed me saying "do you powerlevel for gold!!??". I simply replied "No" and then received another message back saying "n00b necro alert". So apparently, I was a n00b for not wanting to powerlevel some idiot in exchange for gold :/

lol

So I presume you've killed my Templar faction then :( OMG

:p

S

shadowbank

I tend to stay away from the camped spots with my necro, easier to go find a spot that isn't complete spirit weak and have slower xp but more enjoyment of my game time than to wait in a queue of 10 necro's trying to decide if maybe i'll be allowed to pull in 3 days time.

invited a cabby to join me the other day as we were only people in the same zone and within a couple of levels of each other, first answer i got was "wtf necro's don't group, you sure ?" and this was from a guildie (hadn't met him prior to this), but hey who cares how long it takes to get to 50.

As for DF camped non stop, fouind if i tagged behind a group of 50's going mid or hib side of DF there's loads of mobs totally uncamped and i can enjoy myself peacefully.

If i'm stood in sauva i'll buff people on pad while i wait for whatever i'm doing to happen,if i'm running round and see casters that i think may need some power, well i give them some. just because i play a necro doesn't mean i gotta be a total ass.

K

Knix

I really hate when necros (or general other soloers) just start pulling.

Normally when i see a spot is camped i just walk past and try find another spot around with mobs, because i know there aint enough mobs for 2, and why pull there when there aint enough.
It tends that if i camp a spot someone else necro or other soloer come along and just start killling, if they asked first i might have said, sure np. But when they just start killing the mobs your camping and makes your xp slower, and usual wait 3-4 pulls and send them a pm that its already camped, if they dont leave and start on the "fuck you there is enough for everyone, and you should share you fucker" ect, i say i was here before you, and there aint enough mobs. If they still stay i try to kill them as fast as possible so they even get so annoyed they leave, or start attacking the mobs i pulled. If they do the last thing, its just screenie and report. - If they just would ask first :(, sometimes happens i give them my spot when they ask first, because im bored of farming/pling anyway :)

A

acei

Originally posted by Eof
Then why do so many ppl have experience of necros just coming and pulling from camped spots without even a quick polite pm. Most ppl are happy to share spots as long as the spawn isnt going to be totally wiped. Necros are a powerful class and can clear the spawn in most spots so they do even if someone else is camped there quite often. That is what people are complaining about. That isnt a lack of respect from the person already there ( in ths case quite funny it was anotehr necro) it is a lack of respect for wanting to 'share' a spawn and not even sending a polite pm. Also, when a necro pl'ing comes along and 'accidentally' hits your mobs when you are sharing a spawn and gives you baf its quite annoying because it can get you killed and when I have pointed this out before the usual answer is 'dont worry i am pl'ing a cleric who can rez you' like it doesnt matter. I have always enjoyed the necros I have played with but there is somethign about this class that tends to make people forget simple manners often.

/who Necromancer at primetime usually = 80+ necro's... about 10-20 of those are probably idiots. This is a minority, not a vast majority like others are trying to make out. Myself and another necro i play with will never pull at a already camped spot, it's rude and disrespectful, but people running upto us when we're just walking past and shouting "fuck off! camped!" (yes this did happen even though i was just walking past and hadn't pulled anything) is disrespectful, and it doesn't surprise me why necro's turn bad in the first place with people doing stuff like that.

People should not judge a person purely on the class they play.

S

samildanachh

Originally posted by quinthar
I coulda sworn I saw your clerics name at the white lights with the necro the other day.....

:)

most likely true, was using a friends necro

S

Sohan_THC

58th highest reaver in the whole world
Rdaneel-37 wiz Warder

House No.362 in Reeth with consignment merchant who has sexy sidi items (go check it out)

<The Brethren>
--------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by vintervargen
[whine]

Samildanach attacks you with his sword!
You evade Samildanach's attack!
You prepare to perform a Diamondback!
You fail to execute your Diamondback perfectly!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by vintervargen
i cant challenge you without buffs

QUOTE]Originally posted by zlair
(hell, took me ages (=2 weeks) to get used to use the Dragonfang style -

Meduza out...

quote:
Originally posted by loxleyhood

Btw samil, ur sig is grotesquely long

Mod's won't do anything as long as you refuse to use teh feature salty just mentioned.

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
`::.. .
`?XXX. `T</:. %X/!!x "?x.
"4<7@( '!+!!X:).`4!!X!x.?h7h
`!:). ~!!!f(~!!!+!!<<.'~+h!tX!!?hh:.
'`X!. !(d!X!!H!?<<``"!:?<<!<X*!?tX!!H*))h.
... '!X(!X!<<?@f!!!<!<x.!!%!!!%!!!)@Thh!!X)!).
^!!!<:!(((!!: ~(((<!!!h+!<<!X!+%?+<!!?!+)!+X(!+
- `\tXX<(~!!!!!:.!.%%(!!!!!!!!!X!))!!!!X%``%!!!(>
^X>:x. <!!!!X: ~!!*!<!!!<!~!X!)%!<!!!)?@!!!?!)?!!!>~
`X(!!:!!!<<(!!.)!%:)\!!:%~!~\!t!! `H!)~~!!!!!!(?@
`!X: `)!!!C44XX!!!.%%.X:>-> %!!X! /!~!.'!> !S!!!
+<.. \X%\.'<??X!!!t!!~!!<!~!~'.!~~~ -~` <> !~ /!X`
`X!XXM!!4!%\(4!!!!%(`,zccccd$$$$$$$$$ccx ` .~
"XLS@!)!!%L44X!!! d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, '^
`!X?%:!!??X!4?*';$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
`iXM:!!?Xt!XH!!! 9$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
`X3tiXS#?WH!X!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
.MX?*StXX?X!!W? $$$$$$$>?$$$$$$$$$$$$
8??M%T%' r ` ;$$$$$$$$$,?$$$$$$$$$F
'StMX!': J$$d$$$$$$$$$$$$h ?$$$$$$"
tM9MH d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$C???r<$$$F,r
4M?t':$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$h. $$$,cP"
'M>.d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>d$$$<.,
,d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'cd$$$$r"
`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??$Jcii`?$h
$$$$$$$$$$$$$F,;;, "?h,`$$h
j$$$$$$$$$$$$$.CC>>>>c`" `" ..,g q,
.'!$$$$$$$$$$$$$' `'''''' aq`?g`$.Bk
,- ' "?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$d$$$$$c, . .)od$$$$$$
, -' `""' `"?$$$$$$$$$??= .d$$$$$$$$F'
,' `??$$P .ed$$P"" `
, `. z$$$"
`:dbe, x,/ e$$F'
:$$$$P'`> $F z$$$"
d$$$P"' > $Fe$$$"
.$$$?F ; $$$$"
$$$$$$eeu. > >P"
`""???$$$$$eu,._''uWb, )
`""??$P$$$$$$b. :
> ?$$$"' <
F `" `:
> `>
> ?
J :
X .. . ?
"< 4<!~;/'!><`~<>~.>! ~! '"
'>!>=.%=.;~~>~4~`<'>>>~!
4'!/>!\\!<~~:/<;!<;`;/=':
`=;!~:`~!><.-; "(>=.':!;'
:;=.~<`;`~>!~> ?!/>>~!!<'
~:~'!!;`;`~:> ); ;(.uJL!~~
>L.(.:,L;L:-+d$$$$$$
:4$$$$$$$L ?$$#$$$>
'$$$B$$$> $$$MB$&
$$$$$$$ $$$@$F
`$$$$$$> R$$$$
$$$$$$ <$$@$P
$R$$$R `!)=!>
$$$6T $$$$'
$$R$B ;$$$F,._
!=!(! .' ``= .
$$$$F (. '\
,<$$$$( ``~'`` --:.._.,)
; `` `-.
( "\.
` -<._ ".
`~:,._ .:

George Foreman's Lean Mean Grilling Machine

The George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine features a patented-design grill for healthy cooking.

The double nonstick-coated grilling plates drain grease away while cooking. It makes great fillings

for fajitas, burritos, flautas or tacos.

Large, family size

Grills up to 4 extra-large burgers, 4 plump chicken breasts or 2 large steaks

Patented contact design grills evenly

Thermostat-controlled ready light indicates when grill is ready

Nonstick cooking plates for easy cleanup

Patented channel carries run-off grease into separate tray

The floating hinge lets you close the lid over the food so that the food cooks evenly on both sides at the same time

quote:
Originally posted by saltymcpepper
i will have her

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire
six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?

quote:
Originally posted by 'Shy
ST

quote:
Originally posted by Ala
Gotta love it though

Slang (the revised edition)

AEROPLANE BLONDE one who has bleached/dyed her hair but still has a black box

BADLY PACKED KEBAB a vulgar (but still excellent) term for the female genitalia

BRITNEY SPEARS Modern Slang for 'beers'. e.g. "Couple of Britneys please Doreen"

BRUCE LEE erect nipple (as in, a hard Nip).

BEER SCOOTER the ability to get home after a night out on the booze and not remember it. i.e. "I don't

even remember getting home last night, I must have caught the beer scooter".

BUNNY-BOILER an unhinged and overly possessive woman. From the rabbit boiling scene in the film "Fatal

Attraction". e.g. "I don't like the look of that aeroplane blonde -- could be a bunny boiler".

DRINK-LINK a modern term for a cashpoint machine (ATM). Named so because it is common to visit one

before going out on the booze

JOHNNY-NO-STARS a young man of substandard intelligence, the typical adolescent who works in a burger

restaurant. The 'no-stars' comes from the badges displaying stars that staff at fast-food restaurants

often wear to show their level of training.

MUMBLER an attractive girl in tight shorts or jeans, etc. i.e. you can see the 'lips' moving but can't

quite make out what they're saying.

NELSON MANDELA Rhyming Slang for 'Stella' (the lager).

ONE IN THE DEPARTURE LOUNGE the need to defecate imminently.

PEARL HARBOUR cold (weather). An example of it would be - "It's a bit Pearl Harbour out there!"

Meaning - there's a nasty 'nip' in the air.

RAGMAN'S COAT untidy and unkempt pubic hair. e.g. "That mumbler looks quite fit but I bet she's got a

kebab like a ragmans coat!"

RELEASE A CHOCOLATE HOSTAGE to defecate. e.g. "I've got one in the departure lounge, so I'm just

nipping out to release a chocolate hostage".

SALAD DODGER an excellent phrase for an overweight person.

SKIN-CHIMNEY see BADLY PACKED KEBAB.

SWAMP-DONKEY a deeply unattractive woman.

TART FUEL or BITCH PISS bottled Alcopops, e.g. Hooch, regularly consumed by young women.

UP ON BLOCKS menstruating. i.e. Out of action, a bit like a car in a garage. e.g. "I don't think I'll

be in luck tonight lads,the missus is up on blocks".

WALLACE AND GROMIT Rhyming Slang for 'vomit'.

WYNONA RYDER Rhyming Slang for 'cider'. e.g. "Pint of Wynona, half a Nelson and a bottle of tart fuel

please Doreen".

quote:
Originally posted by 'Shy
OMG ST I love that sig

It grows.

ME FOR MOD!

[/quote]

Man you got the most stupid avatar / and post sign on the board here :clap:
Me for mod whehe that will be the day , now go to back to bed and stop day dreaming.

M

Madonion Slicer

I myself have rolled a Necro and i would say it just requires a little self control, it is very easy to become a little power mad.

I found that without an problem i could park myself in front of a spawn of spirit weak mobs and just keep pulling one after another non stop, the first time you do this your thinking this is amazing you watch you xp bar shoot and the lvls fly by, which most of us are not use to.

So what i have decided is that necro players are not assholes(well of course there will be a few but they probably assholes before they rolled a necro) but they have discovered a character that has excellent lvling abilitys and they just get carried with the sight of their first or another lvl50 only /play days away.

I will be lvling my Necro over the next few weeks but i think it best to try to discover or use less popular places, and while lvling try remember that it took me a year to get my first lvl50 so there is no rush with this one.

O

Ocalinn

Originally posted by Snake.ster

1. necro's can't do jackshit without it's pet, apart from giving other ppl pink hair.

we can't give pink hair now :(

T

tripitaka

I had an encounter last night ....

<Mr lvl 20> Hi
<me> hi
<Mr lvl 20> Are you up to much atm?
<me> May i ask why?
<Mr lvl 20>Yes, its for what u wondered
<me> Bye then.
<Mr lvl 20> Oh, please.. I really would appreciate it
<me> Didn't i just say goodbye ?
<Mr lvl 20> Not even 2 levels?
<me> Look, i dont particularly appreciate being PM'ed out of the blue just because im a necro and someone can't be bothered to Level, either in their guild, or in a group. I'm sorry but i only help powerlevel friends and Guildies.
<Mr lvl 20>Hmm ok, hehe.
<me>and i'm already in a group in lyonesse with my guild mates
<Mr lvl 20> oh kk thx

Why can't people take no for an answer ?
Maybe they don't understand that necro's also have a life outside of soloing, grouping and powerlevelling.

I will say in my own defence, that i will PL guildies or friends. But people who PM me out of the blue for one reason, will not get my attention for more than it takes to say no and goodbye. Unless ofc im in a really really jubilant mood, and there's money involved ;)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by samildanachh
most likely true, was using a friends necro

I think we ressed ya and EB'd etc when we went passed the other night, saw some DS bout 45mins later but were nr sidi then.

T

thorwyntf

The described encounter doesn´t have anything to do with Necros though. The same thing happens every day when people are asking for money or anything else. They´re trying the "please please"-road after receiving a no. Nothing new here really.
And reading your dialog, I think this guy was pretty polite.

O

old_saxo

______________________________$$$____$$_________________$$$__________
__$$$$$$$$$$$$$___$$__________$$$__$$$$_______________$$$$$$$$_______
_$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$___________$$$_$$$$$$$$$$_____
_$$_$$$____$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$__________$$$$__$$$$$$$$$$____
___$$$$_____$$$$_$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$_________$$$$$__$$$$_$$$$$$___
__$$$$$___$$$$$__$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$$______$$$$$$$__$$$$___$$$$$__
__$$$$__$$$$$____$$$$_______$$$$__$$$$$$_____$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$__
__$$$$$$$$$______$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$___$$$_____$$$$__
_$$$$$$$_________$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$___$$$$_____$$$$__
_$$$$$$$_________$$$$_____$$$$____$$$_$$$$$$$___$$$___$$$$____$$$$___
_$$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$_____$$$$____$$$___$$$____$$$$___$$$___$$$$$$___
__$$$_$$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$$____$$$__________$$$____$$$$$$$$$$_____
__$$$_____$$$$$___$$$$__$$$$$$____$$$__________$$$___$$$$$$$_________
__$$$____$$$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$__________$$$___$$$$____________
__$$$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$_$$$$___$$$__________$$$___$$$______________
_$$$$$$$$$$$________$$$___$$$$___$$$__________$$____$$$$_____________
_$$$$$$$___________________________________________$$$$______________
__$$_______________________________________________$$$_______________

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by thorwyntf
The described encounter doesn´t have anything to do with Necros though. The same thing happens every day when people are asking for money or anything else. They´re trying the "please please"-road after receiving a no. Nothing new here really.
And reading your dialog, I think this guy was pretty polite.

The discussion is about necro's in general i thought, so i posted my necro's encouter with someone wanting a powerlevel. Other have posted about PL'ing PM's so i did as well :)

I'm not saying he was rude or anything, just that it happens regularly and this was my account of it last night. (while it was fresh in my mind)

T

thorwyntf

I know I know...
I just think that the discussion has slightly turned into a "all non-necros are idiots" direction (not from your posting, but generally) which is just as wron as saying "all necros are idiots" :)

E

[e]

it's all the whine about necros that makes them "idiots" imo

ppl dont seem to understand that they dont own a camp - everybody ingame pays the monthly fee so they "own" everything equally. As long as neco dont hit/leech/pull the mob you are currently in combat with - it's free for all. If the mobs are not enough for you leave and turn your whine to Mythic/GOA and ask them to put in more mobs, larger camps etc etc.

So cute when a 2-3 grp claims a 15 mob spot (that a necro can clear solo) and they struggle like hell with 1-2 mobs at the time - and when they see necro they start to whine, before necro even made a pull. And when things are vice versa - it's natural that they pull from that camp, cuz there are sooo many mobs.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Keogh
I'm not fighting against myself at all. This was the first time I've ever seen a necro do what others have been saying for months.

No one owns a camp but it's pretty much an unwritten rule that you don't ruin someone elses enjoyment of the game.

Waok please explain to me how I've made myself look a fool posting here.

Also If I was to come to an area you were pulling from and without saying anything just started pulling how would you feel? I was pretty fucking calm tbh. And yes he is the sort of tosser Necro who's fucked up Necros reputations and as has been stated by someone earlier, its amazing how many guilded players don't guild their Necro. Wonder why?

I'm sorry to say this but you are the one breaking CoC here. You start with the namecalling... there are no claimable camps in DAoC according to CoC and you'll have to live with that...

And this is the FIRST time you see a necro do this and you immediatly scream bloody murder on BW... that's very very childish and it looks like you're just looking for an excuse to post crap.

I don't steal camps but i won't come crying to BW for something i can perfectly solve myself.

And you misposting on your alliance chat doesn't make you look very good either.

Do you really wanna be known as a crybaby?

That necro got killed and that was sweet revenge in itself... the worst thing you could have done to him was laughspam him and ignore all his requests/remarks. But flamebaiting him and looking for an excuse to post stuff here is a bit sad.

K

Keogh

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
I'm sorry to say this but you are the one breaking CoC here. You start with the namecalling... there are no claimable camps in DAoC according to CoC and you'll have to live with that...

And this is the FIRST time you see a necro do this and you immediatly scream bloody murder on BW... that's very very childish and it looks like you're just looking for an excuse to post crap.

I don't steal camps but i won't come crying to BW for something i can perfectly solve myself.

And you misposting on your alliance chat doesn't make you look very good either.

Do you really wanna be known as a crybaby?

That necro got killed and that was sweet revenge in itself... the worst thing you could have done to him was laughspam him and ignore all his requests/remarks. But flamebaiting him and looking for an excuse to post stuff here is a bit sad.

OMG I misposted on /as. I bet I'm the first person ever to do that.

And yes I called him a tosser and he was. An tosser isn't quite as bad as being told to fuck off, but tbh unless someone gets really abusive with racist or sexist language I don't care if someone swears at me.

Yes no one can claim a camp but it's all about courtesy. If we don't have courtesy then fine it'll make my farming so much easier.

I'm glad the vast majority don't think like you or this game would be unplayable.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

There is nothing in the CoC claiming you can claim a camp, but it is just common courtesy not to barge in on a camp.
Necro's should not do it, but neither should regular players.
Find it sad if people use it as an excuse to steal a camp from a necro just because some other necro was rude to them sometime in the past.
Camps should be respected, no matter what class is pulling it.
A necro is just more efficient in cleaning a camp that most other classes. Big deal. The owner will not get much rvr satisfaction out of it at all, as the class is bugged beyond anything else than its current pl function. And this pl function is only going to be improved in upcoming changes. The countless rvr bugs are not being addressed though :(
Regards, Glottis

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Keogh
OMG I misposted on /as. I bet I'm the first person ever to do that.

And yes I called him a tosser and he was. An tosser isn't quite as bad as being told to fuck off, but tbh unless someone gets really abusive with racist or sexist language I don't care if someone swears at me.

Yes no one can claim a camp but it's all about courtesy. If we don't have courtesy then fine it'll make my farming so much easier.

I'm glad the vast majority don't think like you or this game would be unplayable.

I never said invading a camp was a nice thing to do, however in your case you got revenge instantly with him dying and you didnt exploit that to it's fullest, Instead you provoked him and as soon as he took the bait you had your nice BW screenshot...

You are a master at dispensing criticism, yet you seem unable to receive any and deal with it in style.

And as for thinking like me: if all necros thought like me there wouldnt be any dispute over camps. There's more than enough mobs/camps around... most people however are too lazy to look beyond the obvious heavily camped camps.

With your screenshot you tried to paint a black & white picture where you were the good guy and he was the bad guy. However instead it's a very grey picture ;).

I

iceflower

From my expereince the "barging in" behaviour isnt limited to necros ro even an Albion only problem. Groups do it against soloers even if the spot cant sustain both parties, resulting in downtime and fast drop of campbonuses for all. But worst is when higher level chars start to pull the mobs you pull and they clearly cant be anything by green con to them. Twats are twats no matter what class they play I guess.

Iceflower
Spreading the word of God among the pagans

G

gingger

necro senarios for you...

a necro has been camping a spot for 8 hours or so, leaves his necro and bb at camp spot and goes afk, another necro comes along sees the first gorup at spot and leaves, noticing no pulling at spot. Necro comes back and sits for 10 mins noticies still no pulling and PM's necro but gets no responce. Waits another 5 mins and then starts pulling, 45 mins later original necro comes back from afk and complains that he has the spot as he has camped it. So should original necro have the 'camp' rights still as he hasn't left (even though afk) or should the new necro have 'camp' rights?

Necro camping spot for a few hours goes LD and dies, bb still at camp spot (obviously not pulling). Another necro turns up see BB but no necro, initiates pulling. BB speaks to necro and tells him whats happened (ie LD death), new necro say's what a shame but not my problem as far as im concerned spot is free (tbh a fair enough point) and continues to pull. Original necro PM's new necro to explain at BB didnt just arrive and camp spot but spot is 'free' due to LD Death (unfortunate you will all agree). original necro arrives at site and has discussion with new necro over the CoC and how there is no 'camping', 'camp' etc... Discussion gets heated as both necro's attempt to get their point across, note the original necro hasn't attempted to pull any mobs where as the new necro continues too. Does the Original necro have the unwritten 'camp' rights as leaving the spot was not a choice matter or does the new necro have the 'camp' rights as technically speaking the 'camp' was not camped?

I was part of both senarios, but it's tbh very difficult to interpret the 'unwritten' rules mainly due to impartiality.

It is true that i myself have in a way got addicted to the ability to nonstop pull for hours and hours and you get frustrated (im shamed to admit) when you feel that a 'camp' spot you have laid claim to (all 10 mobs) is to be shared, its a selfish attitude but one tbh you can get drawn into. I have a few lvl 50 alts a few even before SI so i have played for quite a while and tbh i think that necro's except in a few instances don't have a part in what is really a team/group game. In a way necro's have condenced all the bad elements of team play into a single class and that class has bought the worst out in people/players - the selfish need to camp being the worst of the lot.

Having lvled a necro to 50 solo ive also felt it is the loneliest class, that may also have had an effect on behaviour of necro's as they loose the sharing of xp, fun, blame :), bad jokes, etc... all the things that makes DoAC a great game.

war and peace

ofc wankers will always be wankers - can't stop the sun rising can we :)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by gingger
necro senarios for you...

a necro has been camping a spot for 8 hours or so, leaves his necro and bb at camp spot and goes afk, another necro comes along sees the first gorup at spot and leaves, noticing no pulling at spot. Necro comes back and sits for 10 mins noticies still no pulling and PM's necro but gets no responce. Waits another 5 mins and then starts pulling, 45 mins later original necro comes --------Edited--------

There is afk and there is takin the pee, he took the pee

Necro camping spot for a few hours goes LD and dies, bb still at camp spot (obviously not pulling). Another necro turns up see BB but no necro, initiates pulling. BB speaks to necro and tells him whats happened (ie LD death), new necro say's what a shame but not my problem as far as im concerned spot is free (tbh a fair enough point) and continues to pull. Original necro PM's new necro to explain at BB didnt just arrive and camp spot but spot i---------edited -------

Isnt this like holding a place in the queue for somebody?, BB is waiting for original Necro to come back, if BB hits the front of the queue and no sign of necro what do they do?, keep everybody behind them saying " I'm at the front, I'm waiting for somebody" common sense must prevail if your not pulling you arnt getting cash/xp etc etc, Second necro has as much right as anybody else to pull.

I was part of both senarios, but it's tbh very difficult to interpret the 'unwritten' rules mainly due to impartiality.

----edited-------

all the bad elements of team play into a single class and that class has bought the worst out in people/players - the selfish need to camp being the worst of the lot.

I disagree, the class is what you make of it, you wont get far soloing a necro in RVR, but tanks love you when you AF debuff a fg. RR's are a strong point :)
You need to be guilded to make the best of your char in rvr.

Having lvled a necro to 50 solo ive also felt it is the loneliest class, that may also have had an effect on behaviour of necro's as they loose the sharing of xp, fun, blame :), bad jokes, etc... all the things that makes DoAC a great game.

ofc wankers will always be wankers - can't stop the sun rising can we :)

I also leveled my necro up, however it wasnt my first 50, it wasnt my last either, so I had a good grounding in lots of differant areas prior to the necro.

And yup there will always be tossers, in all classes, in all realms, Guns dont kill people, people kill people, the same can be said for necros, Necros arnt tossers, but sometimes people controlling them can be.

G

gingger

the second senario was resolved as one of the necros only needed to lvl an alt to 24 and both necros shared the spot in pretty much harmony - with the exception of a little competetive pulling from both sides :)

L

lasercry

Drussila gives Necros a bad name

"Selfish Necro's";

Not my experience really before today's encounter with Drussila
(see under; "lasercry the leecher").

Selfish, well, could not believe there were necro's who have the cheek to leech on other's then complain when u reciprocate their rudeness.

This is when it is infuriateing, cos most Necro's I have come across simply apologise.

A

Aybabtu

Re: Drussila gives Necros a bad name

Originally posted by lasercry
"Selfish Necro's";

Not my experience really before today's encounter with Drussila
(see under; "lasercry the leecher").

Selfish, well, could not believe there were necro's who have the cheek to leech on other's then complain when u reciprocate their rudeness.

This is when it is infuriateing, cos most Necro's I have come across simply apologise.

hehe...... pathetic.....

You have no prove that he leeched on you. He on the other hand has some of you yet you still claim he's the bad guy....

Givf SS!

D

dravaneire

Hmm I can smell a flame about to start which is a shame, sad that ppl cannot just get along on DAoC.... Its a sad trend thats been going on a while, and will inevitably escalate till the idiots among Albs get their accounts banned.

On a more positive note, when we got DF back last night I was farming sapphire in the cooks room and lookin for just one bub to hit 45 with my arms. There was a lvl50 necro in there with his buff bot pulling all the tempters at once.

I took a few soultorns while waiting for more mobs to spawn, then he pmed me, Mob I believe his names was.

He basically asked me if he could take all the tempters (bar a few i could kill while waiting for soultorns to spawn), and I thought "Why not?" its fair enough Im being left a fair share of mobs and he's getting just as much seals as before. So I thanked him for his courtesy, cos the way I look at it if I go to a spot that a necro is at I generally look at it as all mobs in the spot are camped, and find another spot, simply because I know the power of their class.

So we worked like a well oiled machine, there were occassions when we were both waitin on spawns, but hey, it's cookies your always gonna be waiting for the spawn in there, he even buffed me with his bot which shortened my dt and got my ding alot faster.

Aybabtu what if Lasercry doesnt have screenies? Does that instantly make him a liar?

I know Drussila must be your friend but maybe it now should be left to GoA to sort it out rather than starting a pointless hate filled flame war on BW?

Its never always black and white, so maybe u should consider this, if not then carry on as u are, then maybe the rest of us can unleash some of our repressed anger.

K

kameh

Originally posted by Snake.ster
as said in previous post's, its not the char's fault it's the ppl who play them, necro's aren't all that overpwrd, yeah u can kill very fast with them but look at there weaknesses,

1. necro's can't do jackshit without it's pet, apart from giving other ppl pink hair.
2. a necro can't use charged items while in shade form, so wtf has it got a charged effect on its epic suit?...this also include's alchemist potions ofc.
3. when u can't see your target the spell still cast's using up pwr and b4 u know it , all your pwr is gone.
3a. u even use pwr casting insta lifetap in RvR when the pet is slammed, so when u come out of stun (if u survived ofc) u got jack all pwr left.
4.as the pet is blue con, mez is a full lenght mez as none of shade's resist's transfer too the pet (me and freinds have tried this theory out in duels and resists don't transfer).

1. That's the trade off for being vastly overpowered in PVE. It also gives you something no other class has in RvR - Immunity through shade form.

2. We all know this will get fixed, the class is still broken as are it's spec lines just like the Midgard Bonedancer lines (why so many supp spec'd ones - other lines aren't viable.)

3. Annoying problem but "before you know it?" sorry but it takes a LONG time to drain you power that much!

4. Another thing that's getting fixed "at some point" I really wish Mythic would pull their finger out their arse and sort out the pet class bugs.

Don't expect sympathy - Necro's don't deserve it.

S

shivvering_away

Dear god! Couldn't be arsed to read all that whining. Just fancied adding in some spam.

I have a 50 necro, that i solo'd all the way, and admittedly now just use him to pl and farm cash.

I have noticed more and more lately that Lyonesse is becoming its own PL community. Everytime i am there (which admittedly is far too often at the mo) i see the same old faces, getting those once grey cons alts brighter and brighter until they hit the magic yellow.

For a while it really bothered me, having played a wind theurg pre si, i was very pissed off with necro's as they were at all the top spirit weak spots. After a few months of whining, i thought if you cant beat em, join em. Also I got very pissed off with the amount of ill mannered necro's who claim not to speak english, never help and often go out of their way just to get on your tits.

All that seems academic now. I goto Lyon, find a spot, pull for a few hours...say yay! i am rich, generally feel good about myself and have a nice chat with the other occupants of Lyonesse. I have to say, there are alot of nice fellahs who play Necro's around there now. ( /w Saox)

Also, naming no names, people are always quick to flame necromancers, lame class, so easy to play, blah blah etc. They seem to be a little less hateful of the class when they are grouped with one and watch their XP bar fly up. All of a sudden, pl isnt lame, necro' are cool and all you necro players are the best guys in the world.

Wanna talk about lame? I take my theurg to AC, hit pbt and buff every 10 mins. Skillful! Shall we flame the Earth Theurg too?

End of spam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom