Necromancer LOVE in v 1.87

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Necromancer

- The level cap on each of the Necromancer's pets has been removed. All of the summon spells should now summon a pet at 88% of the casters level, so that the Necromancer may use any pet they wish at any level like other pet casters. The one exception is the level 1 version of the summon, as it will summon a 100% pet with a cap of level 2. This is being left in place so that the Necromancer is viable until level 4 when they receive the second summoning spell.

- Abominations have had their inherent built in penalties to hit points and defense removed.

- Greater Necroservants have had their inherent built in penalties to hit points and defense removed.

- Necromancers will now be able to choose which weapon type and proc type their Abomination wields.
How this works - upon summoning the pet, the owner will see a prompt to target and talk to their pet by saying a particular key word - Arawn. This will bring up a menu that displays the various weapon/proc choices via key words.

The choices are: fiery sword, icy sword, poisonous sword, flaming mace, frozen mace and venomous mace.
There are two base weapons: two-handed sword and two-handed mace. The three other choices are a fire proc, cold proc and poison (body damage) proc and the weapons have appropriate glow effects representing their damage proc. Primary weapon damage is slash and crush.

Abominations will also instant cast the top base line Strength and Dexterity buffs when commanded via keyword by the Necromancer.

These words and menu selections will only function if the pet owner, and only the pet owner, has their pet targeted.

- All Necromancer pet summons have had their cast time reduced by half.

- All Necromancer pet cast buffs are able to be cast while moving.

- Endurance and Invigoration potions will now be useable in shadeform

Hey, look.. WE GET THE LOVE WE WANT! now lets PWN!!

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
bet they nerfed crit bug and so on then tho ;<

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
im wetting myself at the idea of this!

though its a shame there will be like 3 people left by 1.87:(

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Out of curiosity, how are active RVR Necros finding Purge? I logged Moaning in a few weeks ago and respecced for Purge 3, but TBH her template is far from complete and I've not had a chance to try it out yet.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Nice bonuses and some good bug fixes but I wouldn't say theres anything brilliant in there. Just some bug fixes that should of been fixed back when SI was first introduced.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Out of curiosity, how are active RVR Necros finding Purge? I logged Moaning in a few weeks ago and respecced for Purge 3, but TBH her template is far from complete and I've not had a chance to try it out yet.

purge x-fers?

tbh, ive never seen the point of it... in base painworking, there is a remove mezz spell... though, i spose usefull for stun/root

still... it x-fers?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
:twak: :twak: Like necroes needed melee boosts :(

dont be stupid, ofc they do...

the majority of dmg comes from the LT/PT or the dmg shield/PBAOE

tbh givf Spirit AE/target debuff proc on the sword;) 50% pref

also, i dont see how there melee has been boosted:-/ sure, there sword now proc's but thats a spell/magic last time i checked

PS.

- Abominations have had their inherent built in penalties to hit points and defense removed.

whats that all about?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Necromancers have needed rvr love for quite a while but I fear that this is going in the wrong direction. They are much like the warlocks, valewalkers or fire wizards of the game. These classes are all together considered very good at a particular job (even if it's only one area in a couple of cases) and as such will not receive loving in their particular weak area as Mythic does not seem willing to give love as well as nerfs to any given class at the same time.

For necromancers to become viable in more then just melee orientated soloing, they need to first have their melee absorb LOWERED and at the same time, their magic resistance and all together playability HIGHERED. Mythic seem to have just instead increased an already strong point of the class in the hope that they will become so great in that one area that they will be viable in more instances.

Instead I'm afraid that necros will still suffer the same pitfalls they always have whilst now harbouring an even greater strength in their one good area. This may in turn lead to whine, a nerf and their being back at sqaure one again.

Personally, I would suggest:

a)A pet magic resist boost of 16% to all forms (before cast resists are calculated) OR the ability to transfer magic resists to their pet (making the pet like a normal class).

b)A 16% ABS nerf to all of the necros forms to leave them as suseptable to shade class strikes as other classes whilst not making them completely useless in the solo scene.

c)A second quickcast (5-10sec reuse) whereby only the pet needs to be in sight of the enemy for it to cast. This would help elleviate at least some of the apparently unfixable los issues with the class whilst not making it overpowered at sieges.

d)1.3x spec points instead of the current 1x in order to make the necro able to spec in more then one useful set of group abilities.

A pet melee spec line would be useful too to give the player a limited form of CC with slam and such but I doubt another spec line is in mythics interest atm (lots of coding)

While this wouldn't fix all of the necromancers faults at the moment, it'd do more then just 'give them more melee and absorb!' does...

I do also agree with the pet cast time, end pot and different shade boosts which mythic have given the class. Not overpowered, just a pleasent change to the class :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
It's not necro love..

It just means the 1 fight a week they actually got off the confident stealther will now reduce to zero.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Quote:

psyco said:
whats that all about?

abomination and greater Necro servant are actually very weak compared to simmilar (level 44) pets/mobs.

abo's have lower to hit chance that other level 44 mobs and lower hp (hp are made up for by transfering con and hp from equipment.)

it seems that mythic dropped these inherent penalties.

an unbuffed SM, chanter or cabba pet wipes the floor with an unbuffed necro pet summoned without a good summoning suit. necro pets should be brought up to par with other pets by this.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
to bad they arnt giving same abilitys as cabas/sorcs such as Ml9 :p

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
wouldnt that just make a necro a level 64 kickass machine? ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So, when the level cap has been removed from the pet. Can it utilize ml9 summon ?

edit: If so, cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom