necro/necro pets

Ging

Part of the furniture
My necro (rr1) won against a RR4 ranger, RR4 SB and RR3 NS last night. The ranger was a bit silly by shooting my pet from about 10 feet away and got my pet to 1/2 hps, the SB was a good fight and I only just won (with 1hp left) and the NS only took 1/3 hps from Pet.

Yes necro's are very hard to beat by solo mele classes.

I would guess that RR5+ will beat him (solo).

Ofc stealther classes have the oppotunity to NOT attack. But please give more :)

I'm only getting him enough RP's to make PvE even easier. :m00:

Nocode

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
My necro (rr1) won against a RR4 ranger, RR4 SB and RR3 NS last night. The ranger was a bit silly by shooting my pet from about 10 feet away and got my pet to 1/2 hps, the SB was a good fight and I only just won (with 1hp left) and the NS only took 1/3 hps from Pet.

Yes necro's are very hard to beat by solo mele classes.

I would guess that RR5+ will beat him (solo).

Ofc stealther classes have the oppotunity to NOT attack. But please give more

I'm only getting him enough RP's to make PvE even easier. :m00:

Bah dont be a PvE necro like the zillions of other necro's. Keep RvRing with the red guy and u will start to like it. last night i was in duo with sorc and we did 30k each in DF.

Mids 0 - we 50 then i lost count :clap:

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
the only solo kill i got in DF with my necro was a SB, wearing epic.. he PAs abom when i was fighting green cons in cook room.. i think his guildies told him necros was easy kills.. after killing the mobs i killed the SB.. bet he was surprised

Nemue

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Necros have had plenty of nerfs, this was simply a fix that had been long overdue, necros have been practically useless in RVR for sometime, this is self evident from the lack of whines from Mid and Hib.

After the "Fixes" to LOS you are lucky to see more than 1-2 necros in RVR at prime time.

The armour decay nerf/bugs are coming fear not.

Until then if yer gonna try to take on a necro make sure you stun it or mez the pet and leg it cuz if your a soloer he/she is really going to hurt you because the item/stats the necro wears will actually get carried over to the pet, how long has the necro been about?, thats how long this issue has been about!

what a pile of rubbish, u can stun or mezz the pet all u want if u attack it solo, all necro need to to is target and send pet to attack, when the stun or mezz is over the pet will chase u back to ligen from emain.

the whole necro-situation is just laughable, was at amg trying to get over the wall earlier on, saw a few albs run up the wall i thought id use to jump over so i decide to move around in a wide arc and take the other wall instead, before i know it a scout TS's me and i leg it, halfway to crau xroads i notice i have a necro chasing me with his homing pet, so i stealth and attack it with snare poison and leg it again, and the pet catches ujp to me again att mmg. so ya, snare/stun or mezz is a real winner for a solo person who meets at necro.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Nemue said:
what a pile of rubbish, u can stun or mezz the pet all u want if u attack it solo, all necro need to to is target and send pet to attack, when the stun or mezz is over the pet will chase u back to ligen from emain.

... and when he's out of sight of his summoner, he dies and the necro reappears from shade form with 5% hps. It's no wonder you're finding necros tough if you know that little about them.

Nemue

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
... and when he's out of sight of his summoner, he dies and the necro reappears from shade form with 5% hps. It's no wonder you're finding necros tough if you know that little about them.

oh ya, and a necro in shadeform has such trouble keeping up to a snared pet

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Nemue said:
oh ya, and a necro in shadeform has such trouble keeping up to a snared pet

If he's snared - for *full* duration, remember - and you still can't get away then you really ought to learn to run faster. Or remember that you can't just stealth at the nearest milegate and expect it not to find you.

You messed up, and now you're coming here and crying nerf.

Nemue

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
If he's snared - for *full* duration, remember - and you still can't get away then you really ought to learn to run faster. Or remember that you can't just stealth at the nearest milegate and expect it not to find you.

You messed up, and now you're coming here and crying nerf.

i could have run to the end of the world if i've wanted and the pet would still have gone straight for me, since meleeing it isn't an option what the bloody hell am i supposed to do?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Had my worst fight ever today with a necro.
He's rr1, if Duskwave is uppdated, and i'm rr8.
Spirit resist chant on and i charged.
After a few seconds i figure out ap+aof would be a good thing, so i turn that on and use IP.
A few seconds after that i'm dead while the necropet is still at 100% :m00:

Oh well, we got BDs and albs got necros. It's all ok. :p

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Zoia said:
Had my worst fight ever today with a necro.
He's rr1, if Duskwave is uppdated, and i'm rr8.
Spirit resist chant on and i charged.
After a few seconds i figure out ap+aof would be a good thing, so i turn that on and use IP.
A few seconds after that i'm dead while the necropet is still at 100% :m00:

Oh well, we got BDs and albs got necros. It's all ok. :p

BD>Necro nytime :)

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
the ONLY time a necro can kill is when the the pet is only beeing hit by ONE, or MAYBE two enemies. a caster can kill a necro easy if they root the pet. they can even sit down and rest when the pet is rooted

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Nemue said:
i could have run to the end of the world if i've wanted and the pet would still have gone straight for me, since meleeing it isn't an option what the bloody hell am i supposed to do?

Here's a clue: you know those big keep things? The ones with big guards that whack any realm enemies? I know it's really hard for a stealther to believe there's a world beyond milegate camping, but it's true, there is! Or alternatively stealth into some mobs: the mobs will aggro the necro, and he'll stop aggroing you.

Alternatively, just keep running: the necro isn't going to follow you forever, and remember he *can't* just let his pet follow you and recast another one - if he does that, he's dead.

In other words, try using your head instead of simply coming here and whining.

Herjulf

Banned
Personally i cant really say if they have gotten overpowered or not.

Well all SI classes are infact overpowered in one way or another.

I want to draw paralells to midgard class Bonedancer which is very hard to work down solo (infils excluded).
Til now Necros have been very soloable indeed.

And imo it is about time they got a uptune. They used to be overpowerd due to the line of sight abuse. Which got fixed (somewhat).

I have not personally tried to solo a necro post 1.65 have had other stuff to do (crafting).
But i dont see how the pets "melee" can be overpowered on a pet which relies on caster items stats. i see con, dex and int.
I see nothing about things like resistances.

Which mean that at tops the pet will have up to 200-300 more hp´s.

Let time tell people, dont cry nerf over every little things.

There are far worse matters to balance atm.

Assasain balancing for example.

saks

Fledgling Freddie
ppl cryed about savs becuase there was like 100000000 of em and they were in every middie grp grp, you dont see a necro in a albie rvr grp ?

Herjulf

Banned
saks said:
ppl cryed about savs becuase there was like 100000000 of em and they were in every middie grp grp, you dont see a necro in a albie rvr grp ?

well u do, but not very often.

u dont see Bonedancers in very many grps either.

DaveyJones

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
Personally i cant really say if they have gotten overpowered or not.

Well all SI classes are infact overpowered in one way or another.

I want to draw paralells to midgard class Bonedancer which is very hard to work down solo (infils excluded).
Til now Necros have been very soloable indeed.

And imo it is about time they got a uptune. They used to be overpowerd due to the line of sight abuse. Which got fixed (somewhat).

I have not personally tried to solo a necro post 1.65 have had other stuff to do (crafting).
But i dont see how the pets "melee" can be overpowered on a pet which relies on caster items stats. i see con, dex and int.
I see nothing about things like resistances.

Which mean that at tops the pet will have up to 200-300 more hp´s.

Let time tell people, dont cry nerf over every little things.

There are far worse matters to balance atm.

Assasain balancing for example.

Resists carry over aswell

Chronictank

FH is my second home
A melee a tank (tank not stealther) has no chance at all against a fully buffed necro
Anyone saying otherwise is a complete and utter fuckwit

I fought a blue con pet who was fully buffed and he owned me cus i was hititng him for 8 to 20 dmg (40 if i was lucky with a crit) dmg per swing styled
Before u start whining repair get better armour, i have a full set mp and all is kept above 90% con all the time, i have capped all stats. Difference being i wasnt buffed.

I stunned it and got my rear styles in
Realised i was an idiot and put on my dot neckie let loose a dot charge on it
The charge ticks away, necro pet at 90% im at 10%
I loose

Now necro pet vs caster, pet willl die in 2 nukes.

it is fair imo, stupidly strong vs tanks but also insanely weak against casters.
Thats the balance.

Edit: I was RR 4L1 when i fought it

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
saks said:

I so wanna see an assist train of necros :) But pity the cleric since they can only heal the pet by clicking on it (or group heals) and you got little chance or knowing which one is which.

That said I don't run fotm rvr set-ups and I am always very happy to take our guild necros in group. Ilian (Moeilijk) is a superb assest to a caster group he adds significant damage and keeps the rest of us fed with power, while in a tank group he uses AF debuff for our assist trains and feeds clerics power.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Jugvayne said:
next patch necros armour degrade when pet is hitm therfore we have to repair it =/

OMG... wait...

hmmm....

well here we go...

just a sec...

:clap: :flame: R O F L ! ! ! ! ! :flame: :clap:

Consider yourself back to exping the "normal" way guys.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Here's a clue: you know those big keep things? The ones with big guards that whack any realm enemies? I know it's really hard for a stealther to believe there's a world beyond milegate camping, but it's true, there is! Or alternatively stealth into some mobs: the mobs will aggro the necro, and he'll stop aggroing you.

Alternatively, just keep running: the necro isn't going to follow you forever, and remember he *can't* just let his pet follow you and recast another one - if he does that, he's dead.

So I have to run to a bloody keep every time a necro chases me? lol

Would you run back to atk when I hit you somewhere at mmg or so? I don't think so. You wouldn't survive unstealthed either, just so you know.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
As far as i know con + hp does not add as xtra hp, it adds as absorb.
With cleric buffs, self buff, added con+hits and melee resist it goes insane high maybe close to 100%. There should be no limit to the absorb, and it
makes the necro unbeatabel for any tank. I tested today in Dartmoor with
like 10 giants and 20 ponies on necro, and he just stood there and took
them down 1 by 1.

There is like 5-6 ra's which is working for necro, making its a very weak rvr
class, aom, purge, moc, moa....... does not work, which means it gains
so little in rvr. Its a PvE class really, nothing else.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
So I have to run to a bloody keep every time a necro chases me? lol

Would you run back to atk when I hit you somewhere at mmg or so? I don't think so. You wouldn't survive unstealthed either, just so you know.

Bullshit, same problem with every pet class, they get pet on you = your dead 99% of the times.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
Bullshit, same problem with every pet class, they get pet on you = your dead 99% of the times.

No, you are dead most of the time because you're a fucking crap scout. Most pets are very easy to kill, but a pet with 80% absorb and a necro with lifedrain chasing = nono.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
No, you are dead most of the time because you're a fucking crap scout. Most pets are very easy to kill, but a pet with 80% absorb and a necro with lifedrain chasing = nono.

Yes im a crap scout, thats why i cant take down a pet with a chanter, sm
bd, mentalist nuking me. Tell you what lets meet in emain, and you unstealth
and i put a sorc or cabby pet on you, then you start to run and we see how it goes.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
Yes im a crap scout

glad you admit it

I was talking about you leeching from a fight as usual and then you get petted, just run out of sight and kill the pet. I don't think you would have the balls to attack a bd/sm solo.

Nemue

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:

i bow to your superior intellect (retard), try the /realm command and ahve a look of who has crau and crim. ofc, it's all working as intended when solo ppl to have to run 1½ zone away to get away from a fecking pet.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
You can hit the sorc or cabby
So it is an ignorant comment to make.

Edit: Unless they are using a RA

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
You can snare/stun a sorc or cabby.
Then run off and deal with pet round a corner.
Can same be said about necro?

Its same as all pets, just necro is stronger and weaker. Stronger in the way
you cannot beat it if its buffed, weaker because necro has to be in close range or pet will die. You cannot run away and deal with the pet, either
necro is there and your dead or his away and pet will die. Then again you cannot beat a cabby or sorc nuking you while you fight pet, its the same
situation, nothing new and nothing overpowered in it.

No you cant hit a cabby or sorc or any other pet class mage, who has a pet on you, range advantage, and can retreat with pet chewing on you while you chase em. If they are decent player you have lost.

Btw its suicide to attack a BD solo, and close to suicide to attack a sm, nothing to do with balls, their classes are just as necro to tough for single stealther.

vintervargen

Banned
Calaclya said:
The ranger was a bit silly by shooting my pet from about 10 feet away and got my pet to 1/2 hps:

fun thing is if you shoot necro pets from full range, they can still nuke you, thus interrupt you, thus you need to run to them and get nuked.

smartypants

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom