Necro leveling guide rip

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
I'm always looking at this when ppl ask me necro questions so i look clever!
It belongs here imo.

1-3: Skeletons - Moldy, Puny, Rotting, standard (various locations)
2-3: Decayed Zombies (various locations)
2-4: Headless Dead (Isle of Glass)
3-5: Zombie Sow (Camelot Hills)
4-6: Large Skeletons (various locations)
5-6: Soggy Skeletons (Isle of Glass)
5-7: Undead Filidh (Camelot Hills, Salisbury Plains)
7-11: Undead Druid (Camelot Hills, Salisbury Plains)
7-15: Tomb of Mithra - all monsters
8-11: Ghosts (Isle of Glass)
8-11: Boulderings (Camelot Hills)
10-12: Large Boulderings (North Black Mountains)
12-14: Wind Mephit (Salisbury Plains)
13-15: Mud Golems (Avalon Marsh)
13-16: Sodden Warriors, Drowned, Bugganes (Isle of Glass)
15-17: Quicksand (Avalon Marsh)
16-18: Small Skeletal Centurion (Cornwall)
16-18: Ghoul Footmen (Avalon Marsh)
17-19: Skeletal Legionaires (Cornwall)
18-22: Ghoul Knights, Ghoul Lords (Avalon Marsh, often in groups)
19-22: Faint Grim (Snowdonia)
21-23: Undead Apple Trees, Seedsman (Isle of Glass Border, Seedsman plant the trees)
24-29: Grey Ghosts (Isle of Glass border)
27-30: Undead Monks (Llyn Barfog)
27-28: Legionaires (Cornwall)
28-35: Catacombs of Cordova (most monsters)
29-36: Dunters (Lyonesse)
29-34: Undead Apple Gatherers (Near Wearyall)
32-33: Bwguls and Undead Monks (Llyn Barfog)
32-38: Undead Marshmen and Grangers (Near Wearyall)
35-40: Danoian Clerks (Lyonesse)
35-40: Granite Giants (Dartmoor)
38-41: Undead (North and East of Caddug Keep)
38-41: Tomb Keepers (Barrows)
39-42: Danoian Fisherman (Lyonesse)
39-42: Soultorns (Darkness Falls)
39-41: Bean Sidhe (Lyonesse, night spawn)
40-42: Echo room (Barrows)
40-45: Danoian Farmers (Lyonesse)
41-45: Mountain Lights (behind Caer Diogel)
42-43: Druid Skeletons (Barrows)
42-45: Danaoin Sailors (Lyonesse)
44-48: Spectral Essences, Spiritual Advisors, Vigilant Souls (Barrows)
44+: Headless corpses, grasping ghouls, defiled skeletons, ebon skeletons, phantom magi (Caldey)
45-48: Moorliches (Lyonesse)
45-48: Pikemen (Lyonesse)
45+: Ecto Minions (Caldey)
45+: Pitch Skeletons (Camp above Cliffton)
46+: Wight Ramp, Celts or Skeletal Druids (Barrows)
46+: White Lights (Caldey)
47+: Undead Pikemen, Priests of Arawn (Lyonnesse)
48+: Danaoin Soldiers (Lyonesse)
48+: Ghoul Desicrators (Gwyddneau)
48+: Grannies (Emain Macha)
48+: Shark-Bitten Corpses (near Caer Sidi)
49+: Cyhraeths (Frontier, near Caer Berkstead)
50: Ancient Zombies, Dread Liches, Blood Liches, Lich Lords (often requires a group)

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for that nice list, had one before but lost it after hd crash.

<hugs frogster>

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
That's the guide I've been following with my Necro - you can do Caldey at level 43 if you're careful and stick to the SE corner of the zone killing Haunted Rowans, grasping ghouls, headless corpses - watch the Phantom Magi though thier nukes can hurt until you're 44/45 when they don't really get much of a chance to fight back :) Gorvos also pops near here - named Grasping ghoul who drops 94% weapons that salvage for arcanium.

45+ you can move around the zone a lot getting the camp bonus, watch Telsar the named blobby thing though, he's reported as being a level 45 mob but I've seen him pop up to level 49 and his double dots really hurt.

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
Ahhhhhh the days of playing my necromancer, so dreamy.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
lol help the 1 button bashers more =/ it was on vn board along while ago

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I take offense to that, if those purple cons aren't dead by the time they get to me I might have to use up to THREE buttons FFS!

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
You mean there are actually people out there who DON'T have a level 50 necro yet? Sheesh...losers.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah some of us go outside now and then. I got zerged at Tescos earlier and it wasn't fun :( was an old woman /assist train of shopping trolleys.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
frogster said:
50: Ancient Zombies, Dread Liches, Blood Liches, Lich Lords (often requires a group)

leave the liches alone solo imo, they are a pain in the arse with their damn magiks...

also caer caddug is very nice at 34-40 or smt...

Filenotfound

Fledgling Freddie
thx for tha info always wanted to play a nerco tbh might start 1 for a bita cash pharmin

Xplo

Banned
How long does it take if you xp around 3 hours a day with a necro (without buffbot) ?

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
How long does it take if you xp around 3 hours a day with a necro (without buffbot) ?
About a month i reckon :l

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
It is said a necro can ding 50 with 3 days /played , the average is more like 6/7 days from what i have read on various forums.
i'm up to lvl 42 on just over 5 days /played but thats with a lot of wandering around etc. and not just sticking to the guides rigidly as i have been hunting some specific mobs for drops for bg alts at the same time. I reckon I could have got to the same point with at least 12 hours less play time if not more, it also depends on how camped some spots are - dunters i found to be poor exp as the group bonus there sucked and i went over to farmers instead and got a much better return per kill for instance. The only time i have stayed at a spot with lower exp than normal was the Danoin Clerks - they were not great exp but i found them easy to kill quickly and even levelled up off them when they all conned yellow/blue very quickly as the pull/respawn rate is excellent though .
Grey Ghosts are also excellent in SI at lower level (cant remember - its above on the list anyway) they are near Wearyall - they cast so you can just sit and tap them to death for a good few levels without any downtime.
Hope thats of some help.

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
near the trees undead seedsmen they are. close to the deserted building you should be able to spot form the undead seedsmen spawn

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
I found the clerks great i stayed there for 3 lvls :eek6:

The repop rate is great. its rare that your without a mob to pull

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
Laston said:
near the trees undead seedsmen they are. close to the deserted building you should be able to spot form the undead seedsmen spawn

Your better off leaving the seedsmen tbh. the seedsmen make the haunted appletrees pop and your likely to get loads of abusive /sends if ppl are camping these trees, which ppl normally are.

Brannor McThife

Fledgling Freddie
Killed Undead around Gothwaite and some KT's till Level 5/6
Then killed ghosts by the lake till level 8/9
You waste time changing zones too much if you want to level fast...i.e. screw Camelot hills/Salisbury Plains...no good undead spawns...even the legionarres don't give great XP.

After Ghosts, did the legless undead across the road from the lake-ghosts.
Then started on the ghosts/orbs on the hills above them. DID spend some time around level 20 in cornwall killing 2/3 Legionarres + centurion at a time, good group bonus as well as some nice drops. Did the undead apple trees...there are about the best undead XP you will find for that level, along with the occasional ghost.

For around 30-35, I did the apple gatherers during the day, and at night did the orbs towards the sea - the orbs die incredibly fast.

After 35, do undead around Caddug Keep, they increase in difficulty from one side to the other - just beware of some scout-types.
After those, I went to Caldey and did various undead around the SE corner - don't waste your time heading out west to Cliffton, etc, the risk/reward isn't really worth it IMO.

From 42 onwards, you can LIVE in the barrows. You can do the echo room, then the temple room, then the king's room, then the Celt room.

42-48/49 is easy in here if you aren't stupid.
From 48 (or even 46) people will swear by the White Lights...they're stupid. :D
The camp bonus drops way too fast, and you get a fair number of resists.
I will say it time and time again, for level 49, Cyhraeths are the best. Try get your guild to claim Berkstead, and then your camp/frontier/guild/etc bonus will be HUGE. I did a few dots of XP on these, and the items they drop are nice for friars, etc. Not to mention, if you get jumped, you can drag whomever tries to kill your pet WITH you into them. The reward for these FAR outweigh the risk.

But still, the list is nice, however, if you want fast, start at Gothwaite, and slowly work your way west, there are all the levels of undead you need as you go. Stay away from SP, Dartmoor and Lyonesse...except maybe to kill some pikemen and a TON of Telemon for the nice bracers...oh and yes... the priestesses. But there are so few priestesses that it's not really worth it if there's someone already there - which there generally is.

This of course, if you soloing... ;)

-G

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
48+ Ghoul Desecrator and Pitch skeleton camp (Gwyddneau)
, sometimes you get a nasty night time spawn of mobs but they're all yellow con, undead and die fast. West of Clifton (can sell loot there if your friendly).

Unfortunately I only knew about this camp after I'd hit 50 :( it's excellent! Mobs drop chain (cleric), cloth (mixed spec) and 2 handed weapons.

Indis

Loyal Freddie
Good bump...

As an extra update, Barrows and Avalon city are overly camped imho...for plenty xp +45 I recommend Caldey...you can run around the fields to your hearts content and not see another soul...

Indis

Loyal Freddie
Aye... if you can get thought the front door...

and then once you've squeezed past all the wannabies at the front entrance, tripped over the odd corpse then managed to squeeze yourself into a little camping corner that you can call your own... yeah great xp sure... ;)

Jeez...five minutes in that place and I'm looking for the first dragonfly out :D

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Kami said:
Yeah some of us go outside now and then. I got zerged at Tescos earlier and it wasn't fun :( was an old woman /assist train of shopping trolleys.

Such pwness, i like it! /em Gives 2 finger salute to l33t0rsux0rs.

Holt

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone ever done an all realm version of this? Just for pvp server, might be interesting to try new places in hib/mid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom