Naming your kids

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
isn't there some kid around with like 11 middle names, the 11 names being the name of the full manschester united football team back in 96 or smng :p

Richard Cantona Giggs etcetcetc

Lucky sod! :D

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Famous people seem to give out the weirdest names to their children, names that just don't really belong together. For example:

Apple - Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin
Fifi Trixabelle - Bob Geldoff
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily - Michael Hutchence
Moon Unit - Frank Zappa
Tu - Rob Morrow
Sage Moonblood - Sylvester Stallone

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
in UK can change your name to anything:p and remember this guy changed her name to Rainbow Star or something equally atroxious

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Naetha said:
Ellie Sioned (me)

I ran this past Censi Leet Speak V7 and this is what it come back with...

Ellie Shrouded Isles Owned!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Dreamor said:
There was a guy at work (the customer) who was Richard Burns... he said to just call him 'Dick' :)

oh shit i know someone with that name, was he taller than average 6ft4+, middle aged with a smallish beard?

cazno

Fledgling Freddie
I often wish my name was Loch..

lastname is Ness.. Would've been awsome tbh..

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
If I was going to change my name I would change it to Captain Obvious and talk down to ppl all the time.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Celestino said:
Now, why would anyone want to do the PvE part if after it he still has to do masterlevels, artefacts, Champion levels etc if there is no good RvR at the end ?

Ignore - posted here in error

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh regardless of the sex of my children I have the first two names picked out already...

Shotgun

Chainsaw

I would like to see any kid in the playground pick on someone with either of those names :)

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
one of me mates when i was younger was named michael jackson... was fookin funny whenwe used to get pulled by the police for summin and they asked us our names

he say Michael Jackson and cops would look pissed off then they ask him his address remember one time he said his house number (which was 80_+ iirc) and cop said i suposse thats your age is it smart ass . lol

also went to primary school with a lad called Horace finney :( felt sorry for the poor fucker:(

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
my brother was gonna have enough "middle names" to spell out his first name.
hes only missing A and I ;P

personally i wouldnt ever give a kid a wierd name. maybe a 'foreign' word that could be seen as a misspelled english name. like 'Hana' for a girl - its Japanese for 'flower'. although i do like a lot of japanese names too. 'Ai' (love) is nice..
prolly never gonna happen though because if i ever had a kid it would be through adoption.

Hana .. such a cute name :)

shame that someone pointed this out to me

http://efe.scape.net/index.php and type in Hana there ...

best man at wedding "oh yeah the husband loves the cock"

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
A guy I know (or rather: knew...he´s dead now) had the rather interesting first name "Mohandas" (it´s actually an indian name). Problem was, that his last name was Smith. :/
mohandas was Ghandi's first name

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
there's nothing worse than parents with a sense of humour. e.g. Gwyneth paltrows and chris martin's child; Apple. or Paula Yates' children; fifi-trixabell, pixie, peaches-honeyblossom and Heavenly Hirani TigerLily

and the best one of all tme, frank zappas child 'moon unit'.

IMO people should be able to name their children what they want. There is a long standing argument between me and the fiancé. In my family all the first born males have been named Robert (including myself) and I want to continue this tradition. She doesn't want to as she thinks there will be confusion between the two of us when we're older, even though everyone calls me Rob and the child would be robert. But anyway, she said the only way she would accept this would be if the child's middle name is taken from her grandfather, Bruce, which would leave a relatively amusing name, especially considering her and her family are scottish and my father's scottish.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Serbitar said:
there's nothing worse than parents with a sense of humour. e.g. Gwyneth paltrows and chris martin's child; Apple. or Paula Yates' children; fifi-trixabell, pixie, peaches-honeyblossom and Heavenly Hirani TigerLily

and the best one of all tme, frank zappas child 'moon unit'.

IMO people should be able to name their children what they want. There is a long standing argument between me and the fiancé. In my family all the first born males have been named Robert (including myself) and I want to continue this tradition. She doesn't want to as she thinks there will be confusion between the two of us when we're older, even though everyone calls me Rob and the child would be robert. But anyway, she said the only way she would accept this would be if the child's middle name is taken from her grandfather, Bruce, which would leave a relatively amusing name, especially considering her and her family are scottish and my father's scottish.

Yeah, but you're a scouser so thats OK ;)

Incidentally, I'd rather be called Robert than Bruce (G'day!)

Having said that, Robert Bruce McWhateveryoursurnameiscan'trememberitnow is comically over-Scottish!

Its a bit like calling any kid of mine Dafydd Iestyn Gwynfor Evans, and then expecting him to grow up in Leeds :p

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
my surname's McManus, and incidently its an irish surname not scottish, though my father is from glasgow

edit: my mum and dad divorced many years ago and i was tempted to change my surname via deed poll to that of my mother's maiden name, which would leave me with the absolutely superb name of: Robert Marley \o/

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
my last name is russell so i wanna call my son jack just to be really cruel

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sparx said:
my last name is russell so i wanna call my son jack just to be really cruel

You might get "All work and no play makes Jack Russell a dull puppy" written on your walls :D

liloe

It's my birthday today!
you welsh people are so lucky with name picking :/

But seriously, as funny as it's to joke about it, I wouldn't want to make my children unhappy with their name =) I think some dude in the US named his kiddo Version 2.0...which would surely not work in Germany, as Thorwyn already said.

Just imagine I'd name a girl Liloe/Eilan/Caillean here, she would move to Finland to change her name I guess :p (well actually iirc Caillean comes from Cailin, which means "girl" in gaelic).

Naming is one of the hardest things ever though, cause I'd want to pick a name that sounds nice, but not one that everybody has atm (there're always some trends with names).
I think at the moment, Julia sounds nice for a girl, no idea for a boy though.

Jai13 said:
mohandas was Ghandi's first name

Why did he rename to Mahatma Gandhi???

I just read it up, quite interesting. Mahatma is the name the people in south-africa gave him, but he rejected it during his lifetime =) Interesting

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
The Mahatma part isn't his name it is how he is referred to in some cultures and means Great Soul

Ghandi

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
For the ultimate geek name, what about naming your child in binary ? or Hexadecimal ? Or ASCII...

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Yea like "Hi, my name is 01100101011100100110100101101110" lol

Cozak

Part of the furniture
My surname is Bond, go figure. Always a comedian who thinks after 20 years I have never heard 'HURR IS YOUR DADS NAME JAMES' or 'LAFFO PREMIUM BOND' etc etc.. I might just call my kid James to save him the bother, then when people ask him if his name is James he can say yes and they will stfu o0

liloe

It's my birthday today!
elisera said:
Yea like "Hi, my name is 01100101 01110010 01101001 01101110" lol

Your name is (binary to hex): 65 72 69 6E = (ascii code) e r i n

without capital letters? :p I pity you =) That's if we assume this is a memory printout in the correct order. Now if see this as an extrait from the stack, it gets worse, cause then it's upside down and your name is "nire" :p This is all assuming an 8bit CPU though.....

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
Your name is (binary to hex): 65 72 69 6E = (ascii code) e r i n

without capital letters? :p I pity you =) That's if we assume this is a memory printout in the correct order. Now if see this as an extrait from the stack, it gets worse, cause then it's upside down and your name is "nire" :p This is all assuming an 8bit CPU though.....

Ok so I left out the capital letter :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom