Name the Kittens Thread.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Stimpy said:
One reason I think I could never have a cat is I'd be to worried about letting it out, I'd always be worried it may get ran over or something, the fact that a neighbour came knocking about 3 weeks ago asking if we had seen their cat didn't help either, it's not been seen since, they had only had it about 5 months :(

I'd never lock my cats up. Cats aren't meant to be kept in a house all day/night, its cruel.

Cats aren't stupid. They know cars = scary, just as children know cars = death, but lots of kids still get run over each year, how many kids do you know who aren't ever allowed out?

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
That's what I mean I don't think I could have one because I know I would have to let it go out when it wanted but I'd get to paranoid about it getting ran over or just disappearing.

Suggestions for names how about Itchy & Scratchy.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Don't worry about it, cats getting stolen/eaten/run over is a surprisingly rare occurence. As long as were chipped, and had a collar, it would be fine.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Mittens.

Squashed and Flat...saves time when they get run over.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Itchy and Scratchy would be ok if one was a mouse, the same for pip and squeak I think. I like Bangers and Mash, but I am beginning to think that the suggestions of waiting and seeing what their personalities are like is probably the way to go.

Having said that, keep it up, something might just jump out as perfect.

Our cats in the past, have always had an open cat flap policy, after the initial few inside weeks of course. We're well away from the roads here so *touches wood* we've never had an incidence like that. The trade off with this is the copious amounts of rodent lavished upon us by our always generous feline companions.

Personally I prefer the dead ones/half eaten ones, to the very much alive and running variety, these can be an absolute nightmare to hunt down once the cats lose their interest.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bonnie and Clyde :D

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Jupitus said:
Bonnie and Clyde :D

My folks had 2 rotties called that :) 1 now, Bonnie went to doggy heaven recently.

Given what cats do for fun..
Burke - Hare

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
~Yuckfou~ said:
My folks had 2 rotties called that :) 1 now, Bonnie went to doggy heaven recently.
:( :fluffle:
Given what cats do for fun..
Burke - Hare

Jeckyll and Hyde?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Don't worry about it, cats getting stolen/eaten/run over is a surprisingly rare occurence. As long as were chipped, and had a collar, it would be fine.

Neither of my cats had collars or chips. (They always got out of the collars).
And we are in the smack bang middle of the city, and one is still going fine. Other copped it with cancer mind.

It even goes and eats next doors dog food when i can't be arsed to feed it myself. Collars and chips are so overrated.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
JamesPond and Robocod for names.

Possibly the best names in the world, and what I'll be calling my first 2 kids.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have two names: Radar and Winston. they're boy's names I suppose, but in these enlightend times nobody cares I guess.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
baldrick and queenie \o/

Gumbo

FH is my second home
1small.jpg

Two still unnamed hooligans, safely behind dog proof barrier.

Gray

FH is my second home
hope you know cats can get thru them bars? as long as you dont cut off their whiskers :p

Athena

Fledgling Freddie
Poppy for the girl (since she's a poppy grey colour and very pretty)

Ummm still thinking about the boy. Male cat's I've know have been called... church, parsley, basil and brian.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Gumbo said:
Two still unnamed hooligans, safely behind dog proof barrier.
You should embark upon an experiment and see how long you can go without naming them at all. Fight the system!
I imagine some random names'll probably appear in your brain without you really noticing initially, and then it suddenly dawning on you sometime later that when you think about a specific cat, you think of such-and-such a name. It'd be neat.

Athena

Fledgling Freddie
Some other names....

merlin, soxs, seamus, purdy, gordon, odin, stubbs, ralph, milo, benny, ollie, duke, sage, sebastian, angus, alvin, oscar, max.

Still think Poppy is nice for the girl

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Oooh good list there. Gray, the cats are meant to be able to get through the bars. The point is the dog can't, so they can avoid her, and more importantly she can't get their food.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Poppy seems to have won acclaim from the rest of the family, so looks like one has a name. Felix, rather unimaginitively seems to be favourite for the ickle boy cat, as he looks like Felix. He also seems to be mischevious like the cat in the advert, whereas Poppy appears to be completely fearless and was last seen swinging from my dogs tail

Athena

Fledgling Freddie
I HAVE MORE.....

abby, adam, adley, amos, april, arnold, banjo, bentley, dexter, blake, boston, bosley, bruce, byron, carly, cedric, conan, churchill, claude, cleo, clover, cooper, crosby, daisy, darwin, deven, duke, eddy, elliot, eric, faith, feta, flo, floyd, gordy, holly, isis, ivan, jake, kent, kenny, linus, lola, luis, maxamillion, max, mike, molly, morgan, murphy, nash, nelson, neo, newton, norman, odin, odie, oliver, olly, oscar, otis, otto, page, penny, percy, pesto, phil, pip, pugsley, quigley, quincy, ralph, reuben, ron, rory, roscoe, rosy, rowan, ruby, rufus, salem, sky, sonny, soxs, stanley, sully, tess, theodore, toby, vern, walter, willow, wilson, winston, zachary.

Athena

Fledgling Freddie
Gumbo said:
Poppy seems to have won acclaim from the rest of the family, so looks like one has a name. Felix, rather unimaginitively seems to be favourite for the ickle boy cat, as he looks like Felix. He also seems to be mischevious like the cat in the advert, whereas Poppy appears to be completely fearless and was last seen swinging from my dogs tail

She was doing what now!!!????!!!!

Clown

Part of the furniture
Call it "Fuck-head".

The double barrelled name gives it some class.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Smokey and Robinson
or
Smokey and Bacon

says my mother-in-law :eek:

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I wish peeps would stop getting kittens :)
I'm under increasing pressure to get a pal for our cat.

Vae

Resident Freddy
I think you should have followed the naming tradition for cats in our family:
Gin, Brandy, Whisky...
Unfortunately they wouldn't let me call the last one Vodka :(
Instead they decided on Poppy for the female and Scallywag for the male.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom