n000000000b question

Sploosh the ElfChimp

Fledgling Freddie
OK....I know I should know this already, but........
the styles that require something to happen...(eg you block,you parry, you evade, etc..)
Often I have already launched my next style before I get this message...and unless im sharp on double clicking to cancel then launch another, I miss it.
If I click for example, a taunt style, THEN a 'you parry' style, i get the message ' you select a 'taunt style' and select a 'parry style ' as a back up...
Whats THAT all about?

I guess what im asking is.. how can I launch my chains more effectively?

and you can take the piss if you really must :p

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
ok say u want to use a positional style like flank or backslash .. there is a chance u will miss .. so what u do is u backup that style with an anytime style .. so if u miss the positional ( or the style based off block or evade ) you will still hit with ur anytime style instead

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Some time ago Mythic added the option for backup styles. Basically you first select a style with a requirement such as a previous style/block/parry/evade etc then immediately afterwards hit your start of chain or anytime style.
if the conditions for the first style are met you'll do that one, if not you'll do the backup style.
So, if you have a 2 part chain you can hit the second style first then the opener. Or you can use a reactive style backed up with an anytime. That way you won't 'waste' styles by trying to land one that you haven't met the conditions for.

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Some time ago Mythic added the option for backup styles. Basically you first select a style with a requirement such as a previous style/block/parry/evade etc then immediately afterwards hit your start of chain or anytime style.
if the conditions for the first style are met you'll do that one, if not you'll do the backup style.
So, if you have a 2 part chain you can hit the second style first then the opener. Or you can use a reactive style backed up with an anytime. That way you won't 'waste' styles by trying to land one that you haven't met the conditions for.

and its the best thing mythic has done ever tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom