n,mnkjdn !!1 Cun*s

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
How the hell can my house insurance go up from 300 to 700 pound a year ffs.

Thats what the letter said. My wife phoned to see if there was a mistake on the letter and they said no its correct !!!!

We said how is that possible. They said you postcode area has come up as a high claim area. We have never claimed we said !!

They said well others have so looks liek you pay for them.

How fuckin shit is this. I hate teh way honest ppl get shit on. We both work and are honest and get shit on.

FFS i hate this country at times. makes me really wanna fuckin leave it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
If other people in your area have claimed quite a bit then chances are it's because of crime in the area. Therefor you're just as likely to get robbed and so your premium goes up. It does suck, but what're you gunna do :\

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
If other people in your area have claimed quite a bit then chances are it's because of crime in the area. Therefor you're just as likely to get robbed and so your premium goes up. It does suck, but what're you gunna do :\

Move house?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Most of the world is shit. Idiocy and corruption are rife everywhere. Best of luck finding something (and I mean that sincerely) and send me us a postcard with directions on how to get there. :)

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Crime aint an unknown thing were i live but the area im in aint bad. im in a quite part. 2 mile down the road forget it trouble is normal. But i think its just total bollox as most companys can do what the fuck they like to rip us honest HARD WORKIN PPL OFF !!!

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
Most of the world is shit. Idiocy and corruption are rife everywhere. Best of luck finding something (and I mean that sincerely) and send me us a postcard with directions on how to get there. :)

I take it you having the same problem ?

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I was talking about this to my more finanically aware mates. I was thinking there has to be a more worthwhile model for insurance. I dislike the idea that you spend loads of money on something you should (fingers crossed) never see. I see the point (and need) for it but most people (you as an example) don't claim and basically never see the money again. So most people figure the only way is to over-claim something to get some of it back. After a lot of talking, the only viable option is to have a sort of co-operative insurance where you all pay in to a joint account. So you would get dividends (or whatever) per year from the excess. This has it's flaws but at least you're not paying 'on the off-chance'.

Sorry if this is off-topic but I personally hate it as much as you do and I don't pay any.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Insurance might seem expensive, but if your house catches fire and burns down several neighbouring properties, and damages a few cars, while also taking out the gas supply for the street, that can be pretty expensive.

I sympathise with you Plates, have you tried other insurance companies? I'm with the AA, they do an internet discount. Also, try the supermarkets.

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Trying tomoz my friend hopefully i might find something. :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I live on the SW side of Manchester, I pay about £350 a year for buildings and contents.

Gray

FH is my second home
Thats freaky, exact same thing happened today...

Overheard my mum talking to my dad about this, and she said the exact same thing as you did - youre paying for other people too...

hmmm, looks like we got charged high as well :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
heh good job I've got 9 months left on my policy...

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
heh good job I've got 9 months left on my policy...

hey also its due to the house prices going sky high, but thats bollox as they only added 5 grand on and doubled it. tbh i have lost faith in things . all they want to do is fuckin rip us off.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Parts of Canada have all the insurance companies being state owned and are non-profit making (like BarrysWorld, but bigger), or so my Brothers wife tells me. He moved to Canada and loves it.
</tenuous helpful suggestion>

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
TedTheDog said:
Parts of Canada have all the insurance companies being state owned and are non-profit making (like BarrysWorld, but bigger), or so my Brothers wife tells me. He moved to Canada and loves it.
</tenuous helpful suggestion>

LOLi knew when i started this thread i would hear things i hate.

I want to move to canada but again the wife stops us as she did with claiming as it aint right :(

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
It's all down to postcodes.

Unfortunately you may share a postcode with a particularly dodgy part of town which often pushes insurance premiums up. It may be the other end of the street or even up to a mile away sometimes but something as petty as this can sometimes raise insurance costs by up to 2 or 3 times.

Five years ago I moved house with my father and brother, literally 5 minutes away from my old house (walking that is, 2 minutes tops by car and that because you had to drive around the estate), as a result we live in a much lower crime area although we still see the same people come and go every day near enough.

It may seem bizarre but even living one end of a street instead of another can affect all costs of living including housing and car insurance (careful when you mention where you have to park your car of a night, and always say you have your own garage).

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Totally agree but it still sucks when last year it was half the amount. It has not got worse for crime around here so it must be ppl claiming OR !

It could be as i think it is, the companys rippin us off for our hard earned cash.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Insurance companies move the goal posts to suit themselves. Wankers tbfh.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There's a valuable lesson to be learnt here.

DON'T LIVE IN THE NORTH.

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
There's a valuable lesson to be learnt here.

DON'T LIVE IN THE NORTH.

More like dont live in the UK emigrate out the twattin place.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No, just don't live in the north where pikeys are bred in bushes every second.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So educated are those in the north, they are not even familiar with the term pikey.

A bitter curse seems to have been placed on your land, I pray no-one forgeign to the area ever treads there.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
ffs swift, your harsh words have made my Whippet run away.

No meat for me tonight :(

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
So educated are those in the north, they are not even familiar with the term pikey.

A bitter curse seems to have been placed on your land, I pray no-one forgeign to the area ever treads there.

No need to start callin ppl thick, if i do not recognise a word i ask. The least you can do is answer the fuckin question.

Grumpy git. ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
OI WAZZERERER, I'm Northern:eek:

What you said made me laugh though:D

He ain't serious L_Plates, hes just a sarcy Southern shandy sipper.

:p

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Trem said:
OI WAZZERERER, I'm Northern:eek:

What you said made me laugh though:D

He ain't serious L_Plates, hes just a sarcy Southern shandy sipper.

:p

I know i just thought i would try and look hard :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom