Mythics new log in Poll

Barun

Loyal Freddie
if this was possible the action on a cluster lets say everyone went to avalon cluster, would be fucking amazing hence making the game worth paying for

Nate

FH is my second home
Would be interesting, but wonder if they would do it over here tbh and whether GOA would do cross language char copies. I guess it's possible due to the fact they've done a whole server with Glastonbury, but maybe it's a lot more work / char.

Mythic seem to be adding a lot of stuff that would make people who quit want to come back again, but GOA can't do this yet due to being a few patches behind? I would have thought things like this would be possible in any patch..and I wonder why they haven't added the 200% xp/whatever bonuses yet.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Nate said:
Mythic seem to be adding a lot of stuff that would make people who quit want to come back again, but GOA can't do this yet due to being a few patches behind? I would have thought things like this would be possible in any patch..and I wonder why they haven't added the 200% xp/whatever bonuses yet.
Many things besides what we see in the game are changed in patches, but rely on the things in game to work properly. Also these additions are considered code changing, which GOA are not allowed to do without Mythics consent.

The 200% thing is a 5 year aniversary gift, and as the official launch of DAoC in Europe wasnt until late feb / early march, patience is all you need.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aiteal said:
Talking about squeezing as much money out of folks before warhammer is released or what. :puke:

and whats so wrong about that? if u dont like it dont use it?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
and whats so wrong about that? if u dont like it dont use it?

I think we can all agree that there are more pressing issues in the game than stupid fluff like gender respecs.

The idea that DaoC developers already limited resources (see lotm if you need an example of this) being used to implement changes for customers who are willing to pay extra money is abhorent to me.

Like others have mentioned, this is the thin end of the wedge.
Where do we draw the line on what can and cannot be purchased?

The arguement that may be put forward, namely that Mythic will draw the line at anything that gives a character an unfair advantage by paying more money than another customer is willing to do is a non-starter considering buffbots.

The whole thing is a thinly veiled attempt to squeeze as much money as possible out of the playerbase in order to fund WAR development.

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
Barun said:
if this was possible the action on a cluster lets say everyone went to avalon cluster, would be fucking amazing hence making the game worth paying for
Peeps have been moaning about "The Zerg" on Excal for years... now its gone quiet.. they move to german server and its Zergy as hell. they all love it :(

seems strange to me :(

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
at the end of the day Aiteal EA are going to bring additional things like this into the game. why? because they are a business, and there aim is to make money. if they dont make money they dont turn large profits, and hense share prices drop.... a vicious circle. as was said if you dont like it dont buy it. but as you can see from the posts, there is an interest in these proposals. more over the char transfers. i for one would do this.
i understand you have a right to qq about this, but tbh mate look at the bigger picture.....its all about the money.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
IMO this is EAs way of saying
You old time gamers aint getting no more new tools, but we need dosh to justify the space you take up on our hardrives, so heres how we will squeeze cash out of you in the meantime.

Love EA....sorry Mythic...sorry EAthic..

Is this the end for expansions and the beginning of pay as you go gaming for Dark Ages?

Next question, what would you be willing to pay for and how much?
Heres mine...

£10 per toon to ship my euro toons to the states.
£50 per whole account.
£5 for double vault, backpack and consignment slots.
£10 for one instant level 50.

What I think should be free:

More char slots - shoulda got em with LotM anyway!
In game cash - the economy would be made worse by those with real life dosh.
New bling - GFX are laggy and leaky enough - no more please!
Realm Levels - no fecking way, earn it!
New content like quests - fix or change the existing ones you lazy bastards!

Whats in your wallet?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
QuickStix said:
Peeps have been moaning about "The Zerg" on Excal for years... now its gone quiet.. they move to german server and its Zergy as hell. they all love it :(

seems strange to me :(

There's action for all kind of playstyle over there, every damn hour of the day. That's the BIG difference.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:
There's action for all kind of playstyle over there, every damn hour of the day. That's the BIG difference.

Could say the same for the yank servers!

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Is this the end for expansions and the beginning of pay as you go gaming for Dark Ages?

Heres mine...

£50 per whole account.

Whats in your wallet?

i agree with the x-fer to us or any other server, i would happly pay for that, rest no

i agree, with what should be free:)

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Server moves would end up killing servers though.

No offence, but your head is buried in the sand. The Excal cluster already is dead, and has been dead for quite a while.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Heres mine...

£50 per whole account.

Whats in your wallet?

Actually, I wouldn't think twice of paying say £30-£40 per character for instant ML10 and CL5. I can't play weekends any more, so ML raids are generally out. Would be a good way for those with limited play time (but big bank accounts) to stay competitive.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
Would be a good way for those with limited play time (but big bank accounts) to stay competitive.
That really doesnt seem in any way fair, other casual players cant afford the time or the cash, why should the richer be better off in game?

If its that hard, then classic servers offer a better advantage to you, where you dont get MLs etc, and CL10 is a doddle with a reasonable RvR toon.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Actually, I wouldn't think twice of paying say £30-£40 per character for instant ML10 and CL5. I can't play weekends any more, so ML raids are generally out. Would be a good way for those with limited play time (but big bank accounts) to stay competitive.

but then wouldn't those with alot of time on there hands and large bank accounts all have rr12 toons with serveral toons on stick owning anything that comes along?

or what stops people who play alot from exploting the game...

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
That really doesnt seem in any way fair, other casual players cant afford the time or the cash, why should the richer be better off in game?

If its that hard, then classic servers offer a better advantage to you, where you dont get MLs etc, and CL10 is a doddle with a reasonable RvR toon.

£30 - £40 is not a lot of money, not to me at least and I don't think I earn an obscene amount.

I don't want to play Classic TBH, I like have the ML abilities my characters have. Luckily, I managed to get most of them to ML10 before I had to stop playing weekends, but still have three or four at various stages of completion.

I do take your point though.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
but then wouldn't those with alot of time on there hands and large bank accounts all have rr12 toons with serveral toons on stick owning anything that comes along?

or what stops people who play alot from exploting the game...

You're taking my suggestion further then I intended. I never suggested buying RR should be possible.

However, regarding your last point, I think you'll find the game has been exploited in one way or another since release, and continues to be so.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
You're taking my suggestion further then I intended. I never suggested buying RR should be possible.

However, regarding your last point, I think you'll find the game has been exploited in one way or another since release, and continues to be so.

nore did i, they have more play time, so they can rvr more, and dont have to bother with pve

yes, but only by a small % of the population... and apparently if they catch them doing so they get a ban

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I'd pay £100 to move all my toons and equipment to the US servers.

Beyond that, all the fluff is a waste of time but it's optional fluff so no skin off my nose if they go ahead with it.

Syri

FH is my second home
GReaper said:
Any point in gender respecs without a name respec? However great Bob the Armsman is, Bob the Armswoman just isn't quite right! :p
not quite right?? it's exactly right!! :)

what? what's that look for??

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Svartmetall said:
"If this mechanism were the only way thats these features were available"

Bullshit. If it's possible to do it, then it's possible to include it as part of an Xpac or patch. The decision to charge extra for it - on top of monthly subs - will be coming purely from EA's notorious Department Of Grabbing As Much Cash As We Can.

Resist this crap with all your might, because it's the thin end of the wedge.

Agree.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
resist it=it might not happen at all.

pay=it might happen..

hmm, let me think here.. YES, hell YES.. gimme the option to Xfer my chars to another server, please.

I dont mind paying for services, never had and never will. Transferring something from a database to another database imo is actually just that, a service. I cant even argue here because of principles which I would do if I felt it was wrong. The cost doesnt bother me but yea, I can see that it bothers the youngsters without a proper income and that is a shame :/ However, Mythic nor GOA run a wellfarebusiness, business is business and that means they do nothing for free, when it comes to services like this. It has been discussions regarding monthly fees and whatnot when it comes to MMO's for years and well.. here we are again I guess. I have a long time ago accepted that there are montly costs attached to playing a MMO, I can see why and I can fully accept it. If I didnt accept it, I wouldnt pay and as a consequense, ofc I wont play either. There is a choice here, pay for a service and use it, or, dont pay and dont use it. Nobody forces you to do anything, nobody tell you that this is something you MUST do to keep your characters. It is merely an added service, "to move some characters to another server", if you choose to. Ofc it should cost abit, imo anyway.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
The cost doesnt bother me but yea, I can see that it bothers the youngsters without a proper income and that is a shame :/

lol
yeah, keep telling yourself that
anyone who disagree's with money grabbing buisness practices must be on benefits

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Aiteal said:
lol
yeah, keep telling yourself that
anyone who disagree's with money grabbing buisness practices must be on benefits

um, its a cost and young kids that go in school depend mainly on their parents for fundings, is that hard to understand? And you didnt read my whole post did you?

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Can we transfer all the lemons/whiners etc to a server of its own while we are at it? Cleary there must be a community pollution filter installed here imo:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom