My turn for laser eyes

I

isuck

someone told me that its all the rage for pilots to get surgery on their eyes to improove their vision past the '20/20' stage.

i donno if its true or not. i dont know why im posting about it either? any pilots reading that could confirm or deny this?

(im talking about airplane pilots not FL enthusiasts)

D

Durzel

Originally posted by isuck
someone told me that its all the rage for pilots to get surgery on their eyes to improove their vision past the '20/20' stage.
20/10 vision would kick ass tbh.

T

Testin da Cable

I'm mulling it over too Durz. I have a pretty light correction in glasses (-1,-1.25 iirc) but I'm such a vision freak that I hate it.
hmm. *ponders more*

W

WPKenny

I would love to get my eyes done but for two reasons:

1. The cost (don't have the money right now and more debt is not what I need!

2. It scares me slightly. But in an exciting way.

L

Lester

Originally posted by WPKenny
I would love to get my eyes done but for two reasons:

1. The cost (don't have the money right now and more debt is not what I need!

2. It scares me slightly. But in an exciting way.

Having your eyes done is like making love to a beautiful err prostitute. In public.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Lester
Having your eyes done is like making love to a beautiful err prostitute. In public.

I'm up for that :)

T

Testin da Cable

some have been known to say I'm really cheap :(

W

Wij

All in ?

I can manage an arm but I don't think he's big enough for more.

L

Lester

Originally posted by Wij
All in ?

I can manage an arm but I don't think he's big enough for more.

Wij, I set 'em up......:)

D

danger

Hmmm I've thought about it I'm -0.75 in one eye -1.25 in the other but have an 80degree astigmatism in each eye, which really fucks my vision up at all distances :( .... Can they treat that with the "la-ser" ?

S

Sawtooth

Originally posted by danger
Hmmm I've thought about it I'm -0.75 in one eye -1.25 in the other but have an 80degree astigmatism in each eye, which really fucks my vision up at all distances :( .... Can they treat that with the "la-ser" ?

Yeah they treat the astigmatism at the same time.

My sight is still not right though after 5 days. My left eye still appears to be short sighted which is a bit worrying. My right eye is almost okay. Still they say sight flutuates for some time after treatment so maybe thats it.

T

Testin da Cable

yeah dude. just live it cool and keep away from tv and poota for a bit more.

S

Sawtooth

I thought I'd give an update on how its going.

Well I had my first follow up appointment and I've gone from being slightly shortsighted (-1.00, -1.2) to slightly longsighted (+0.5, +1.0) . Apparently this is all fine and dandy and my sight should readjust itself over the next few weeks to 0.0.

I had the EPIFLAP lazer surgery and I guess the recovery is a lot slower than the LASIK treatment that a lot of people have posted about. Still I can drive without my specs now. The PC and Telly are hard on the eyes but that shpould improve.

T

Testin da Cable

that's really good news! hmm, with all this positive stuff about it I may even chip in for some treatment. brr slightly freaked out by it all though :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom