My TL is a retard.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Belomar
Yeah. He is effectively asking for the AoE DDs of primary nukers and the AoE DoTs of Cabalists. Plus improvements to yellow-con pet charm, lifedrain (hey, cabbies have them!), and so on.

Nerf hib.

Something like:
Storm of Insanity
Enemy
3.0s/24s/0s
Rng: 1500 Area: 350
83d per tick (Enrg)
47 power

and

Cataclysm of Illusion
Enemy
4.0s/0s/0s
Rng: 1500 Area: 350
158 dmg (Heat)
28 power

(both different spec lines admittedly - so it's one or the other..)

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Sorc TL actually got your DDs nerfed, which still cracks me up.
Minstrel TL, when we say we want to be either a decentish support class or a decent rogue, suggests... 15sec instastun and a "summon horde of plague rats!" ability!
Yeah!!!!!!!
I can really see the horde of rats (a focus DOT spell) being useful for keep sieges, as he said. Cos standing on top of the battlements slowly DOTTing someone to death would be a really intelligent think to try and do....
Was the previous TL who asked for the uber insta stun. The current one is slightly less wild in his suggestions. Focus dot sounds lame though, but hell, they are americans. ;)

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Fingoniel
Something like:
Storm of Insanity
83d per tick (Enrg)

Cataclysm of Illusion
158 dmg (Heat)

(both different spec lines admittedly - so it's one or the other..)
Yes, I know. I think the complaint was about these different spell lines, and that matter Cabalists get less damage variance since the spec and matter (single-target) DoTs are in the same line. However, I do hope they don't change any of this, so that mentalists all of a sudden will have access to both AoEs; that'd be sure to be a "storm of insanity".

S

Sarum TheBlack

The wizzie TL seems ok, he's a bit tied by mythic who refuse to give wizards anything really. Not allowed more utility (like debuffs/stun/etc), not allowed more range (fair enough, it'd unbalance us with the other realms), bolts "ARE fixed".. despite blatantly being almost entirely useless in open RvR, so he's currently says "urm.. more damage perhaps?", but that's probably going to get turned down too.

TL's are voluntary community "representatives" who get nothing from mythic for their efforts, other than being largely ignored. Some TL's do ask for ridiculous things.. but it's probably a case of "ask for the earth and perhaps they'll give us a small garden".

L

lakih

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack
but it's probably a case of "ask for the earth and perhaps they'll give us a small garden".

"Patch 1.59e:

Minstrels can now summon a black rat as a single target focus DoT"

:p

B

Belomar

Originally posted by lakih
"Patch 1.59e:
Minstrels can now summon a black rat as a single target focus DoT"
Not funny! You actually made me go look at the Herald. :(

F

Flimgoblin

bolts are as Mythic intended them...

the TLs are pointing out that bolts as intended are utter shite.

They're hoping Mythic will change their minds and change what bolts should be :)

O

old.Iunliten

Originally posted by Belomar
Yeah. He is effectively asking for the AoE DDs of primary nukers and the AoE DoTs of Cabalists. Plus improvements to yellow-con pet charm, lifedrain (hey, cabbies have them!), and so on.

Nerf hib.

Erm, She asked for ALL AE DD in the game to be improved, Light mentalist already has the same AEdd as void, because atm AE DD is used for nothing else then breaking mezz. So she suggested to increase the drop off from 0% at fringes to 50% because atm AE dots are outdamaging AE DD in the initial "tick".

Mentalists already have the AE dot of cabalists except energy damage instead of matter.

The improvement to charm was that if you are sitting down and not in combat the charm wouldn't drain any mana, atm you can't go below 50% mana or you are doomed with the higher lvl charms, and it would help with soloing as light mentalist at lower lvls also.

Lifedrain was for Mind mastery(unsure if She or the "Make my class uber"-Mentalists suggested this), the probably worst speccline in the game. Healer in cloth, hooray. 1.59D WILL have mind mastery love.

I find Mentalist TL not requiring insane things at all, just setting the facts straight.

T

Tigerius

Not too unhappy with Orlena the Cleric TL, just whines a bit too little over the fact that we were nerfed and expresses some odd opinions the community doesn't really stand by. But she knows alot :)

Always disliked Garock, loud mouthed, asking for lots of improvements to a class not needing them. His points made sense if you looked at them individually, but if you added the class up you'd notice they weren't needed.

Liked Jubal, did a good job running both Champ and Hero although the reports got a bit streamlined due to this.

As I said before though, I think TLs take it a bit too individually weather they are to promote the class 100% or just balance it (in which case some TLs should ask for nothing but stated bugs to be fixed).

S

Sarnat

Pretty much every TL I see is full of crap. I don't bother to read all of the TL reports so I can't stay I know all of them.

Mostly it's because they ask for ridiculous stuff that they will never get. Or try to compare their class to other realm classes when they have distinct differences compared to other realm's classes.

Best example of this is the mentalist TL (this was few months ago). He keeps blattering about how mentalist needs healing and this and that because other classes of other realms have this and that. Best is his calculation about the AEDD and AEDoT damages... I mean he just doesnt seem to get the fact that DD is a DD and DoT is a DoT and the fundamental difference between the spells. His argument was like 'add more damage to DD because DoT will do more damage with 1 cast'. Yeah... 500 damage AEDD.. not overpowering. Not at all.

J

Jergiot

oaklief is good, to bad mythic dont give a fuck about what he has to say. and they prolly laugh behind his gimpy back :[

O

old.Iunliten

Thane wins this round of TL report though...

He specifically requests to get Wild Arcana (Which affects dots, debuffs and snares) for thanes because all other Hybrids got it...

Umm yeah. :confused:

I

inuyasha

hehe yeah

Originally posted by old.Iunliten
Thane wins this round of TL report though...

He specifically requests to get Wild Arcana (Which affects dots, debuffs and snares) for thanes because all other Hybrids got it...

Umm yeah. :confused:

And i DEMAND wild minion on my hero :D
As well as mastery of blocking on my chanter :clap:
What is next? I demand a champion in my soup? :confused:

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Sarnat
Pretty much every TL I see is full of crap. I don't bother to read all of the TL reports so I can't stay I know all of them.

Mostly it's because they ask for ridiculous stuff that they will never get. Or try to compare their class to other realm classes when they have distinct differences compared to other realm's classes.

Best example of this is the mentalist TL (this was few months ago). He keeps blattering about how mentalist needs healing and this and that because other classes of other realms have this and that. Best is his calculation about the AEDD and AEDoT damages... I mean he just doesnt seem to get the fact that DD is a DD and DoT is a DoT and the fundamental difference between the spells. His argument was like 'add more damage to DD because DoT will do more damage with 1 cast'. Yeah... 500 damage AEDD.. not overpowering. Not at all.

No, his argument was that THE FIRST TICK from an ae dot did more damage than an ae DD. Not per cast, but PER TICK.

And.. thats... just... WRONG!

Edit: oh and the suggestion was to make it scale from 50-100 instead of 1-100. How does this change the damage to 500 all of a sudden?

Users who are viewing this thread