My TL is a retard.

S

slapmesilly..

I am your Leader.
retard-q30.jpg

A

Apathy

Apparently, they are not "our" TLs...they are not supposed to be representative of the class community at all.

Which is why the sorcerer TL spends most of his time saying "Maybe sorcs shouldn't get ~whatever~, but at least give it to another Albion class! Realm balance! Realm balance!".

He's like the Albion TL.

a.

O

old.LandShark

Sorc TL actually got your DDs nerfed, which still cracks me up.
Minstrel TL, when we say we want to be either a decentish support class or a decent rogue, suggests... 15sec instastun and a "summon horde of plague rats!" ability!
Yeah!!!!!!!
I can really see the horde of rats (a focus DOT spell) being useful for keep sieges, as he said. Cos standing on top of the battlements slowly DOTTing someone to death would be a really intelligent think to try and do....

Ack...

A

Apathy

/y RATS INC!!

Changing my DD to body...hmph. Now all I can kill are AFK Mids.

Tell your TL to request the following -

Infinite mezz

One instrument for all songs

Summon Orchestra

Move Minstrel class to Hibernia

a.

A

Apathy

Oh, and that thing with patch 1.59b just shows how little Mythic even listen to the sorcerer TL...I don't recall him asking for any of that stuff.

Mind you, maybe he did ask "Can you force all sorcerers to spec full mind? It would really help Albion AS A REALM.". Every time that guy says "as a realm" he should be forced to run from Lyonesse to Snowdonia with tanglers chasing him.

a.

B

Bellona

Apathy you make me laugh :D

but, you are right, i feel forced to spec full mind too

A

Apathy

And did you know...the sorcerer TL has around 2000 RPs?

What a STUD!

a.

N

Novamir

Cold is just as bad a damage type for a hib as body is for an alb, yet you don't see light elds moaning about it. Though that could be to do with the fact they can get decent pbaoe, 65% nearsight, 30sec aoe mez and 9sec stun too :D

K

klavrynd

TL isnt the most fancy job on the block you know...
You give up serious hours of playing time for testing, pvp over and over again to test out specs and duel until you're getting naughtious just to know what you're talking about
(or what a TL should be doing)

on the other hand while checking most alb boards, there isnt a really supporting community that gives their tl's pointers on what could be done better or what totally sucks about their class.

ps : if mincers get 15s stun, healers need a 30 min mezz and a 20s stun to make up...

R

Ragnarok1978

Anyone even happy with their TL? :)

Gonna play savage come SI, the TL seems to do a pretty decent job, except for maybe overlooking the single most discussed topics for savages the last month: Lack of weaponskill and broke triplehits :D

B

BubbleCDR

TL = Twilight...
your twilight is a retard?...
o------k

L

Loth

No he didn't.

The Sorc TL actually wanted the DD damage type to be set back to Spirit (as it was originally) to help Sorcs in PvE as well as RvR.

Mythic in their wisdom set it to the Body damage type.

He's like the Albion TL.

Well maybe he is - perhaps he sees the bigger picture ? What would you say if Minstrels were to get an insta-AE mez for example ?

At least one class in Albion would have access to it - that's the message he tries to get across and I agree with him.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by BubbleCDR
TL = Twilight...
your twilight is a retard?...
o------k

Team Leader, Their people that get special privilages from Goa in a 'not special' kind of way. Of course mr managing director of Goa those AF 5,000 Mega-epic armour pieces just fell onto their bodys didn't they :p

A

Arnor

I was VERY satisfied with Garock, the zerker TL. But then he left to become a savage or bonedancer or some other SI class TL :(

Cant comment on the new one, havent seen much from him

Oh, and in this case TL=Team Lead, the dude that gathers info from players, testing and stuff and gives lists of issues/improvements to Mythic for them to ignore :p

L

lakih

Im very happy with Jubal, the champ TL. and that drunken friar TL did do a great job (got replaced cus she worked for another mmorpg company and you cant do that as a TL).

:m00:

C

civy

Originally posted by old.LandShark

Ack...
In retrospect the sorc community got our dd nerfed. Mythic wanted to streamline the resists and our dd was one of the ones to be changed. The sorc tl wanted it put on spirit.
This was at the time when the smite cleric was in his prime and everyone screamed that spirit would have max resist. So mythic put it on body.
One patch later the smite cleric was history and spirit is one of the least resisted lines.

:doh:

K

klavrynd

Garock was gods gift to zerks, whereas this new guy is a total (insert random term of lazyness)

B

Belomar

I don't really agree with Landshark. The new Minstrel TL really knows what he is doing, he has more knowledge about the class than the majority of minstrels out there. His first TL report was a landmark in clarity and eloquence, and he seems to be doing a solid job.

What do you expect him to be able to achieve with Mythic's view of minstrels? "No, you silly musicians, you're not gimped!"

So, chairmaker, stop being so negative! :D

O

old.LandShark

Everytime asked half the minstrels say the same damn thing - 2 DDs uses 15% of our endurance, charm is too frustratingly finger-breaking and unreliable to use, AEmezz is a waste of a quickbar spot. But of course there are the <expletive deleted> that keep asking for AE stun, pulsing PBAE chant, group stealth (!), swarms of rats or the ability to shoot flaming bees from your nose.

Sorry Belomar. I think he does know what he's doing - 150k RPs (which is what he has) is perfectly adequate to know your class, and his reports are very clear and concise. I just wish he'd stop asking for the ability to shoot flaming bees out of our flutes so that we have a purpose in situations "where albion is otherwise lacking in the flaming athropod projectile department" .
Yes he asks for some good stuff, but how could he fail to? It gets asked 15 times per page on any "Suggestions for next TL report" thread!
Most class communities and indeed TLs get very frustrated at Mythic's tendency to add 'fluff' to classes (prime example: flurry) instead of fixing their core issues. Knowing Mythic's predeliction for doing this, why does our TL actively beg for it? I don't want fluff. I don't want bees, 3000radius instaAEstun, the ability to summon crazy chinchillas or anything else. I just want my DDs not to half-negate my melee with endurance use, and body resists not to turn my stun into a 3sec one.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by civy

In retrospect the sorc community got our dd nerfed. Mythic wanted to streamline the resists and our dd was one of the ones to be changed. The sorc tl wanted it put on spirit.
This was at the time when the smite cleric was in his prime and everyone screamed that spirit would have max resist. So mythic put it on body.
One patch later the smite cleric was history and spirit is one of the least resisted lines.

:doh:

Well, yeah. But... given that it was on energy, and the sorc TL asked for it to be changed in the first place - I can't really blame the community. IIRC they were at the time screaming "wtf do you want to change it at all ?!", not "quick, quick, make it body, anything's better than spirit!"...

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Archeon

Team Leader, Their people that get special privilages from Goa in a 'not special' kind of way. Of course mr managing director of Goa those AF 5,000 Mega-epic armour pieces just fell onto their bodys didn't they :p

*coughs* Mythic (not GOA) *coughs*

You're thinking of the Volunteers who get squat.

TLs get test characters bumped to high levels on Pendragon to test things with I think.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by lakih
Im very happy with Jubal, the champ TL. and that drunken friar TL did do a great job (got replaced cus she worked for another mmorpg company and you cant do that as a TL).

:m00:

not quite...
she got a job with Mythic (doing what? we don't know)

and can't be a TL if yer in the company.

L

logan6

olivia got booted from tl position? uh didnt know that

J

Jiggs

i like the new Friar TL

he is RR6 and has good ideas

imo the old one was fun and ok but perhaps a bit overated. Friars were so broken it was untrue and she happened to be the TL who was around when we got the 1.46 patch

ofc she got credit but its sort of like being the one who handed the lottery ticket in for a syndicate when they hit the jackpot :D

mentalist one is ok too

F

Flimgoblin

Yeah, it's hard to say how much effect a TL has on the opinion of the devs at mythic - however Olivia did set up the Drunken Friar, writes daft comics etc. - she put a lot of work into the friars :)

Predian looks like he's got a solid head on his shoulders.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Jiggs
mentalist one is ok too
Yeah. He is effectively asking for the AoE DDs of primary nukers and the AoE DoTs of Cabalists. Plus improvements to yellow-con pet charm, lifedrain (hey, cabbies have them!), and so on.

Nerf hib.

Users who are viewing this thread