My Point about the Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yaesu

Ok here goes,
I think it is about time Game’s consumers/clients/subscribers (or whatever you like to think that we actually are) were treated with a more respect and consideration.
When you subscribe to a product or a service from a company (whether you pay or not) you expect to receive a good level of customer care, don’t you? Do you expect to be treated like rubbish? NO, you don’t, or course you don’t. You expect to receive the goods/service you subscribed to, you insist on being treated fairly and you expect that any query you may have to be thoroughly investigated properly and steps taken to ensure you are satisfied with the outcome.

To this end I would like to see Game implement a customer grievance procedure whereby you can report a particular issue or even report a moderator or anyone else that holds office for Game, then receive a receipt/acknowledgement and an assurance that your issue is being investigated/considered and then a report sent to you with the outcome and an indication of Game’s course of action/remedy as to how they intend ensuring that their customer/client is going to be satisfied and made happy. This should be in private, not in public.
For any company, good customer service is paramount, without this a company cannot thrive and build its customer-base on which to develop its products and services offered.

Game need to look at how its forums are operated and indeed how they are moderated.
The present system is operated by individuals who seem to think that they are “God like”, above recourse and not answerable to anyone except their self and their self appointed “God”, you know who I mean. They are wrong, they are now answerable to Game Plc. It’s a different ball game!
Of course there are exceptions, there are some mature and sensible moderators on here, but generally I believe the majority of moderators on here too be too young, too inexperienced and don’t understand fully the role that they play within the grand scheme of things (i.e. the GAME corporation) and don’t appreciate the size of their operation. (Customer care courses would help)
If the directors of Game were in full possession of the facts, if they fully appreciated how their forums were being operated and the manner in which most of their moderators act I have no doubt that they would close them down immediately.

Things have to change, like it or not.

Now is a time for a fresh start.
So with recent events in mind its time for reform, time for change and time to rebuild.
Its time for us forum users to be treated with respect and courtesy.
A moderator, is supposed to be here to serve us, the consumer, and ensure we can use the service without hindrance or malice and not for self-gain, free subs or an opportunity to boost their egos. The moderators should ensure that forum subscribers can use the service free from racial comments, foul language and only punish those who abuse the service after carrying out an investigation and proving guilt on behalf of the subscriber. After all, no-one likes to be accused of something they have not done.
The customer is “King” and a decision to chastise a customer needs to be made very carefully with much thought and consideration, not just on a “whim”. It should be done in private and not aired for all to see. If a moderator makes a mistake he should immediately apologise and put things right, plain and simple!
If the Exec and non-Exec Directors at Game find they are loosing customers because of the actions of an ill trained moderator, they will not be impressed will they? (Especially if it’s a Game employee). Game Plc will be bought into disrepute and the only course of action they can take is to close the forums down, perhaps for a short while, perhaps for good. It is a decision that is easy for them to make and they will not loose any sleep over it.

I recently received appalling customer care from a Game employee who really should have known better. I believe he is about to move onto pastures new.

I have decided not to renew my subscription, (and I know of others) not because of the half empty servers, but because of the treatment I received for the person in question AND because of all the bad language used on here.

It simply is not the way to attract new subscribers; every other post contains an “F” word.

Add being humiliated by the Game Manager, Customer Services and Community (as was) I have decided enough is enough, which is a shame as I was an early subscriber and have been playing on BW for a number of years.
I know the younger members of this forum are probably going to “rip” this post apart, in doing so it will demonstrate that they don’t understand what I am saying…they will when they grow up (I hope!)
Not one of the moderators is god, even if you think they are.
So please only respond if you have something worthwhile or constructive to say.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post.

Ps. this is not a "dig" at all Game empoyees or Game in general and i do not wish to incite any anti-Game sentiment. I have raised specific points and I would appreciate it if you can try and keep the thread to the issues raised, Thanks

S

Summo

OH DEAR GOD NOT ANOTHER ONE.

Please let this drop. These fucking threads are having a more negative impact on the forums than all the things you're whinging about.

Not aimed at you directly, yaesu but please lock this thread. There's nothing new here and frankly it's all bollocks anyway.

S

Summo

Also, I don't think you can say 'more negative'

BUT MY POORLY GRAMMARED POINT REMAINS.

S

Summo

I also don't think 'grammared' is a word. :(

BOO-YAH! Three in a row! ;)

B

bigfoot

You can file a complaint at any time by submitting a support form with details of your grievance.

G

Gekul

Ban Summo!

tbh, I can't believe I actually read this thread.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by yaesu
It simply is not the way to attract new subscribers; every other post contains an “F” word.
I'd rather read 1000 threads where every post was the F word, than another rant thread today.

Sorry, but it's true.

O

old.Fweddy

Forget about rants. Come play scrabble.

Can you tell I'm bored?

C

Clowneh!

who would miss yaesu if he was gone/didnt post?

S

Summo

Well, that's shut us up.

Here's my worthwhile and constructive response:

• These threads are having a detrimental impact on the forums, more so than their subject matter.
Its the same shite I posted back up there.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by yaesu
The space is blank because asking people to do as you say is pointless, just like quoting whats already been read once before with no new information. Here endeth the lesson.

E

Embattle

This is just another bitch post, might of been fairly good if it didn't seem you were attacking TTD......a bit of a big no no at most times let alone now.

Y

yaesu

the fact that there are all these "bitching" posts seem to say something dont they?

yes some of what ive said has been said before, but its my chance to have a say, please respect that.

if anyone has had enough or is bored of these "bitching" posts, you have a choice

= dont read them

its quite obvious what the thread is about from reading the subject line.

be well, and go in peace :)

G

Gumbo

Can you unban bhodi long enough to deal with this, you can always ban him again, but this could do with being dealt with in his own inimitable fashion.

D

Debaser

Originally posted by Clowneh!
who would miss yaesu if he was gone/didnt post?

errr, I would actually, but that isn't the point is it.

M

mank!

Frankly we all know what a barsteward yaesu is from his previous personal vendetta, so I fail to see why anybody would take the blindest bit of notice what he has to say.

P

Pro]v[etheus

You obviously have Mank lol, otherwise you wouldn't have posted. :rolleyes:

I

icemaiden

Would it not be a bit better for all the ppl that feel the need to complain about GAME on here to do something a bit more constructive with their time?
Obviously any customer has a right to expect good customer care from a company they have purchased a product from - but how does posting crap on here give GAME a chance to do this? Surely it would be more sensible to complain by email/telephone to the CUSTOMER SERVICES DEPT?, istead of making us all view this crap again.
As for the "F" word. You can't keep everyone happy all the time. If swearing was banned everyone would be moaning about "freedom of speech" and being too heavily monitored. Besides i personally don't see the harm it does, any teenager old enough to use this forum will probably use worse language at school.
/me ends rant

C

Clowneh!

contructive: they knows theres a problem, they're gonna try and fix it, all these threads dont help, please stop making these shit threads, at least keep it all in the same thread, something, enough commas, u still reading?

M

mank!

Originally posted by Pro]v[etheus
You obviously have Mank lol, otherwise you wouldn't have posted. :rolleyes:

I knew from the second I saw the title of the post and him having wrote it it'd just be pointless, so thankfully I didn't waste any time reading it. I have no intention to do so either.

P

Pro]v[etheus

I guess you'll not be replying to this post then ?

M

mank!

Do all you TFC players stick together like glue? If yaesu went on a killing spree would you all turn up in court rolling your eyes and acting like twats?

Y

yaesu

i get your point ice about complaining to Game directly......i dont want to have to do this because there will be serious reprocussions for the forum if i do.

I

icemaiden

What exactly do you think these "reprocussions" will be?

L

Lester

FOR TEH LUV OF GOD DON'T CHANGE TEH COLOR!111!23345oOMG

G

Gumbo

I think his old argument was something along the lines of Trading Standards being interested in his post count being changed.

Made me laugh for a few weeks that did.

K

kameleon

Where's Summo with the chaff pic when you need him?

C

Clowneh!

and he seems to think that this thread will be taken seriously now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom