My Next Car - I cannot decide

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Thats the key. In the right hands. Unfortunately, there are so many poor drivers out there.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Thats the key. In the right hands. Unfortunately, there are so many poor drivers out there.

That is so true. Specially when people driving while holding a MOBILE!!!! Thats one thing I really hate.

Anyway please lets not go off topic! :) Help Me Choose a CAR! :)

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Cars are good for getting from A to B and on special occasions to C. So i would get one that does that for the least amount of money.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Buy a honda crx 92 vtec turbo
I couldnt afford the vtec or the turbo but hell! it's the best cars EVER!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am actually leaning towards getting an American car, my boss imports beat up old muscle cars and restores them then sells them on, some of the results look awsome.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Nissan Skyline R34 for the win.. Or ofc a Supra, but these are racers mind, I got no idea which car you should get if you plan on driving sensible :)

Chevrolet CR8 would be my choice, import only though in UK I think (?). 400 BHP 6.0 Ltr V8 and does 0-100 Kph in 4.9s and 100-0 in 36 meters!

Basically a muscle car in the shape of a hatch. With an engine like that you know it's got plenty more available and will last.

Looks nice as well for a hot hatch.

1G_gallery_big1.jpg

1G_gallery_big2.jpg

1G_gallery_big4.jpg

1G_gallery_big5.jpg

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I am actually leaning towards getting an American car, my boss imports beat up old muscle cars and restores them then sells them on, some of the results look awsome.

The current 2008 retro Mustang or the california special look awsome. If your going for old though can't beat a GTO. Even the new 2008 Dodge Charger looks pretty decent.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If that was in a Tesco car park it could be any city in Britain

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Get a push bike instead, save yourself a few quid.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
im not saying its right or wrong, simply pointing out the legal view on it. it would appear sometimes that people are not aware there is even laws relating to driving a car the way some go about.
what is it that makes you an 'expert' on driving fast? if we cannot understand it, then i take it that somehow you are more informed than us? youve been for lessons off professionals for example. perhaps you are a professional.

Perhaps I am, maybe I have had training. Maybe... But no I havn't - I defo didn't say I was though! I wasn't disputing the understanding of being able to drive fast I was saying I don't think you would understand what it's like to be a car enthusiast. If you did - You would be one.

But why would you want a really noisy exhaust? So everyone looks at you in disgust when you drive past? To wake everyone up as you drive past their house at 1am? I really don't understand.

I think you think i've got some chavved up corsa? Have you ever been walking down the road and seen like a modded rx7 or a really nice mustang and not thought that's actually a really nice car? I like to think people do that to mine :D Obveously you get your old fogies not liking it but you'll never have anything that everyone will like.

I can't stand those fucking assholes who ride round late at night with wide bore exhausts on their piss-ant 3 door jobs with bangra music blasting out.

If you've got a high performance sports car, all well and good.

But if you've bought a £1000 piece of crap and just stuck an aerofoil on the back, some wank graphics down the side, blue lights under the car, a couple on the dash, and a wide bore exhaust then you're a wanker in my book

I agree with you 100% mate.

Not all of em are chav's mate, everyone says its chav's and boy racers putting our insurance up - You'd actually be suprised how it's bad drivers who are not boy racers, would you class them as normal people??? Anyway - it's rubbish how many people can't or don't know how to drive on our roads!

Marc

FH is my second home
nissan-gt-r.jpg

Will be ready to pick up in 3 weeks! Woohoo!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I've driven quite a few of the cars mentioned, including a z, wrx sti, type r and out of the ones you mentioned, the z is my fave. Though due to the high amount of miles I do I'm a diesel monkey.

If running costs (6k a year) are an issue, then you may want to reconsider getting something too fast. The 350z has a 3.5 v6 afaik, and it'll be very very thirsty.

I fill up my diesel once a week (avg), thats ~£65 ish. Thats about £3400 annually, if you do anywhere near the mileage I do it's going to cost you a lot to run.

If running costs aren't so much of an issue, I'd go for a Z or an evo.

A newer Skyline (r34) will cost a fortune to run (2.7 straight six with a turbo (or two?).

Anyway, running costs aside, the z looks great, has plenty of power and is fun to drive

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Theres a special Police force in Sussex that have 2 evo 8's and 3 scoobys.

fl4vg0n

Banned
Let's face it, it's not like people on these forums are qualified to tell you which car to buy. Just go with what you prefer.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
And you be qualified to make that discission how?

fl4vg0n

Banned
And the people on here havn't had many cars?

Well, they are hormonal, clueless students by the sounds of it. The reception I've had on here has always been malicious and malignent. It seems as though this forum is home to primitive species, one would think. I just feel the immaturity and 'chavish' nature of these forum residents would not be a feasible trait to have when advising one about purchasing a car.

fl4vg0n

Banned
Please don't encourage him Haggus!

I'm sorry? 'Encourage him'? This is a ridiculous comment. I come out with a non-offensive, perfectly good statement offering advice to the thread starter. It seems as though people are prepared to jump on the Dori-hate-bandwagon as soon as I post, even if I have done nothing wrong.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Well, they are hormonal, clueless students by the sounds of it. The reception I've had on here has always been malicious and malignent. It seems as though this forum is home to primitive species, one would think. I just feel the immaturity and 'chavish' nature of these forum residents would not be a feasible trait to have when advising one about purchasing a car.

thats entirely because of the years you spent acting like an ass mr doromir ;)

can an old dog really learn new tricks is the question?
Problem is you were given more than enough chances and you blew it... repeatedly
you make new accounts again and again, often flame baiting with your multiple alts

If you really were as mature as you like to pretend, you wouldnt be posting on a forum where it has been made very clear you are not welcome

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Immaturity and chavvish coming from dori is actually quite funny.

fl4vg0n

Banned
thats entirely because of the years you spent acting like an ass mr doromir ;)

can an old dog really learn new tricks is the question?
Problem is you were given more than enough chances and you blew it... repeatedly

Ah yes, still bitter are we?

Still bitter that I countered and bettered everyone of your arguments?
Still bitter that everytime we met in Thidranki I destroyed you?

I have been given no second chance, by the forum users or the moderaters yet I have repeatedly shown I am more intelligent and witty then them. I have never acted like an ass, it has only been false interpretation and hate-fueled ignorance which has made me unpopular.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I don't want to sound patronising and shit like that, but if you respond he will keep trying to wind everyone up. I've got wound up by him in the past and its difficult not to be. He will get a ban anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom