Impressed My new man-bling.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think I'd rather have two of these as a fallback for the BFG on day Z - berserker!!

1022.jpg

I'm 100% behind you with the axes. But throwing axes.

I threw some into a bear* in Germany at xmastime - was fucking excellent. They're now my zombie-day weapon of choice by a long way. No reloads or running out of ammo, no fuss. Just chuck 'em hard and true and they cleave aplenty.

*or wooden representation therein

gohan

FH is my second home
I'd go sword and shield, witha bow on my back, no fucking about!!! cunts can't bite me if they can't get close

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
The problem with a bow, even a nice high tech compound job, is that it needs a load of maintenance and you're going to have to recover your arrows and hope they don't get too damaged. Also, I don't think that an arrow will stop a zomb, unless it's a big fat broadhead or blunt as it will go straight through.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Crossbow for distance, tactical spear for midrange. The two or more heavy machetes for up close work. I think the big issue will be losing weapons in dead fucker skulls in a fight you don't have time to wiggle a blade free.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
indeed. if a zomb's close enough to you that you have to use a blade or a hammer you'll have f* all time if you drop it or it gets stuck.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
full chain mail and you're impervious to zombie attacks ?

If you get zerged they are just gonna rip your limbs off though. I would agree armour is important but speed and mobility more so imo. Lightweight body armour. For arms/legs thick clothing wrapped with foil duct tape. You can get lightweight mail used by divers filming sharks etc. that may be worth a look. I would also need this essential piece of kit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, sharkarmor, must have. Also agree with katana. While a spear is effective, at close range or indoors it becomes a problem. I wouldn't worry about range since if you're going to be killing zombies instead of running from them(as you should), might as well be prepared to get close.

Sais are effective too, but a -bit- lacking in range. Though could just use knives at that point so it's just for style(don't underestimate it).

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
not entirely sure how my perfectly serious thread got hijacked into a zombie apocalypse type of thing, but hey, what the hell.

Chilly

Balls of steel
morningstar? Might be stuck though. Tbh a 6 foot pole would be good enough, swing it hard and the end will be moving fast...through any zombie.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Like I've said before. Gimme my Katana and I won't need anything else. Weapon and shield rolled into one. And as Wazz said, it gets stuck in NOTHING!

£350 for a knife?!? Fuck that, unless it's made of some space age material, won't break or ever need sharpening I'm not stupid enough to pay that sort of price!

soze

I am a FH squatter
There are quality issues like with a Katana a £x thousand handmade original from Japan will serve you much much better than a £300 one made in the UK. I have a set of 3 swords that cost under £200 to hang on the wall when I was younger. If i sharpened them up to be razor sharp I bet they would chip and and break in no time. But a real sword made from proper metal will last and stay sharp if looked after. That knife might be the same better materials better craftsmanship ect depends one what you use it for and how much you rely on it. Like I would imagine if you are SAS and allowed to pick your own blade you would go for the shit hot one made from the best materials and not the £50 knock off,

rynnor

Rockhound
Katana's are too long and unusable in confined spaces - your better off with a gladius type short stabbing sword and a shield, roman legion stylee.

Suprised no one has mentioned chainsaws yet?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Chainsaws get jammed and there are short katanas available for just that problem.

rynnor

Rockhound
Chainsaws get jammed and there are short katanas available for just that problem.

Slashing weapons like katana require too much energy to wield for long though and you cant mass them into ranks for defence. With a short stabbing sword you can stab all day.

Thats why the legions generally crushed their opposition wielding slashing weapons/axes/clubs etc.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Any bladed weapon is going to need a fair bit of maintenance. I'd want a light stabbing spear as my main weapon, a crowbar for more confined spaces and a knife as a back up weapon. The spear would let me keep my distance and brain stab without being so heavy I tired out or couldn't run away and could easily be replaced with a pointy stick if anything happened to it. A crowbar isn't a perfect weapon but it would do in a pinch, is sturdy and has the additional advantage of being a very useful tool.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I would have 20 of those Obelisk of Lights from C&C. Obviously I would have a billion lemons to power them all.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'd use that chinese-swiss army showel. Best thing to have ever.

Like I would imagine if you are SAS and allowed to pick your own blade you would go for the shit hot one made from the best materials and not the £50 knock off,

I'd be using a "Morakniv".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom