MW Raids

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Is anyone conducting Majestic Will raids on Mid.Excal?

Dragon/Legion/Glacier Giant/Green Knight/Nosoden/TG Mobs etc can all be dispatched in under a minute.

It apparently rocks for the ToA ML Encounters too, so I was wondering if there are any regular raids using MW?

I'm a Darkcarver, and I'm considering respeccing to MW II, etc for such groups.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I wouldnt have thought a 10-15% decrease in spell resist would make that much difference.

jessgade

Loyal Freddie
Curious about the 'dispatching' of the dragon within a minute :)
Do you have links to information about resulting damage done by a MW3'er on the dragon?
And the numbers of people necessary?

Im considering a PvE respec to MW3 as well -but only if it will allow me to relatively easy get hold of another RA respec to get back to a RvR spec.
(dont have a RA respec currently)

Snikch

Fledgling Freddie
Ill respec if this gets going, afraid i can only get MW 2 though
47dark 26 sup.
Marthax

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Not much of a 'guide' imo -

- - - Archeon's Guide to Killing With MW - - -

pop MW and nuke fortehwin

There we go, and i'm even using less bandwith. Ph34r :D

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
I've had MW2 quite some time now, but I've only gotten the chance to test it against nosdoden with my dark base-line dd(I was mainly RC then) I've respecced to dark now for spec dds cuz the one thing I found is that you run outta mana veeeery quick chain-nuking an epic mob :D

I would love to try it on dragon or some TG mobs, so if you're interrested gimme a pm here or ingame :p

reinhart

Fledgling Freddie
Well want to join as soon as I get 500000 rps - which is what u need for only MW3

But then if you can drop the dragon and lots of other epic mobs as it seems it may well be very much worth it.

Rein

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
"I wouldnt have thought a 10-15% decrease in spell resist would make that much difference."

- Shagrat

The description is incorrect, the actual effect of MW is: Adding +10 levels to your effective casting level for each level of MW (MW3 and your resist / dmg rates is as if you were lvl 80).

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
REQUIREMENTS

You need 1 [MW 2|3 & MCL] RC RM to continually debuff Cold. Wild Arcana would be worth while too.
You need x [MW 2|3 & MCL] Dark RMs to continually Nuke & Run 10s PBT.
You need x healers/bots/aggro-holders

RM Spec/d 219
SM Spec/d 183
BD Spec/d 179

Any Mystic is a viable contributer to such a raid then, not just RMs, but its RMs who will hit slightly harder with their spec-nuke.

MW 2 or MW 3?

I haven't been able to find any concrete figures yet, but it seems the difference between 2 and 3 is about 10% resist rate. A lot of people on the US Servers suggest that MW 2 and some levels of WP/MoM are more worthwhile than the 14 points for MW3. I will try to find some figures to back this up though.

DAMAGE

"So your hitting for mid 50's on the dragon. A tank if i recall correctly hits in the single digits. Since you cast around 3 spells per melee swing, do 5x the damage per tank, Each caster is effectively 15 tanks beating on the dragon. Put 5 MW casters nuking on the dragon and your up to 75 tanks hitting the dragon. Now I know for a fact it doesn't take 75 people to kill the dragon. Also since the dragons difficulty is dependant on how many attackers there is, the dragon is only around the 30 attacker range difficulty vs. 75+." Clicky

Say average nuke hits for 50, without debuffing:
> 30(casts)*50 = 1500 damage per minute

Say average melee swing hits for 9:
> 30(swings)*9 = 270*0.7(hit-rate) = 189 damage per minute

1500:189 ~ 8:1

PROOF

DF Prince [11MB]
Legion [23MB]

1) Vs Queen Kula

You cast a Majestic Will [2] Spell!
You hit for 176 (-9) damage!
You hit for 190 (-10) damage!
You hit for 187 (-10) damage!
You hit for 185 (-10) damage!
You hit for 179 (-9) damage!
You hit for 161 (-9) damage!
You hit for 189 (-10) damage!
You critical hit for an additional 54 damage!

179 Spec/d Supp Snare-Nuke
NO Debuffing

2) Vs King Tuscar

You cast a Majestic Will [2] Spell!
You hit for 197 (-10) damage!
You hit for 207 (-11) damage!
You hit for 242 (-13) damage!
You hit for 225 (-12) damage!
You critical hit for an additional 177 damage!
You hit for 203 (-11) damage!
You hit for 201 (-11) damage!
Got Agro & Died

179 Spec/d Supp Snare-Nuke
NO Debuffing

3) Vs The Dragon

You cast a Majestic Will [3] Spell!
You hit for 61 (-254) damage!
You hit for 58 (-235) damage!
You critical hit for an additional 14 damage!
You hit for 55 (-221) damage!
You hit for 60 (-243) damage!
You hit for 51 (-208) damage!
You hit for 55 (-223) damage!
You hit for 58 (-233) damage!
You hit for 50 (-204) damage!
You hit for 52 (-212) damage!
You critical hit for an additional 39 damage!
You hit for 54 (-217) damage!
You hit for 56 (-225) damage!
You hit for 51 (-206) damage!
You critical hit for an additional 10 damage!
You hit for 51 (-208) damage!
You critical hit for an additional 5 damage!
You hit for 60 (-243) damage!
You hit for 60 (-241) damage!
You hit for 53 (-215) damage!
You critical hit for an additional 6 damage!

RM Spec/d 219 Dark Nuke
NO Debuffing

The major difference between MW II and MW III appears to be the hit/resist rate. MW III has 100% hit rate, MW II about a 60%-70% hit rate on level 80-85 mobs, this is what I've managed to extrapolate from various tidbits around the forums. Basically then MW II and MW III are both viable, but it would take 12 MW IIs to do the damage of 8 MW IIIs from the gutter maths i've done.

Personally then, going from what I've read and managed to conclude for myself, for ToA ML Ecounter viability & Epic Mob farming, I'd suggest MW II and some levels of Wild Power, Mastery of Magery, and Wild Arcana for the debuffer, unless you are a very high realm rank and have many points to spare.

So yeah it does work. If you take a gander at the Prydwen Mid boards, a lot of people have already started running MW 2/3 raids rather successfully. Anyway, anyone up for organising such an attempt, count me in as a Darkcarver.

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
1st MW Dragon raid was made on prydwen a few days ago. Worked well uber fast kill and not much ppls ^^

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like the cat is out of the bag now. MW used to be a trick used mainly on u.s coop server but now its gone mainstream and will probably be nerfed soon. Not that it shouldn't but MW finally made the casters sought after in high lvl pve again.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
The Dragon can be killed in 20 secs with about 2 FG.
MW3 RMs hit it for about 200-250 dam.
Hmm. Im thinking Packhealer + 10 RMs with MW3 = 25 + 25 Respec stones + drops.

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
Working as intended? :D I wouldn't think so but nice to see casters viable during epic encounters. :clap:

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Even if its not, one outing and you've got enough respec stones to switch back if you wish :)

Its nothing but beneficial to everyone though imo :)

jessgade

Loyal Freddie
All we need now is an experienced raid leader willing to take charge and set a date then? :)

I can choose between:
1)
MWIII
WPIII
MCLI

2)
MWII
WPIII
Raging Power
MCLII
-Guess option nr. 2 is best

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
jessgade said:
Im considering a PvE respec to MW3 as well -but only if it will allow me to relatively easy get hold of another RA respec to get back to a RvR spec.
(dont have a RA respec currently)

Must me nice to be able to afford all these respec stones :(

Out of curiosity, has anyone noticed Wild Arcana actually making any difference to resist debuffs? I thought that the debuff amount had been fixed now?

jessgade

Loyal Freddie
Dont get me wrong. I can (barely) afford one RA stone -thats why I wont do it unless Im reasonably sure that there will be at least one raid which will allow me to get minimum one RA stone to get back to a "real" spec. :)

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
I had to borrow 4 plat to get my respec :(

I have no idea how people can farm so much cash so quickly, otherwise I'd be up for these MW raids as a DarkCarver

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
Breni said:
I had to borrow 4 plat to get my respec :(

I have no idea how people can farm so much cash so quickly, otherwise I'd be up for these MW raids as a DarkCarver

holy shit on the price of that RA stone must have been a long time ago since they cost like 2p or less now, and for the farm part warrior+bb 4 teh win or salvage and hinge :)

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
Trying to persuade my brother to respec his dark RM, i think he will have enough for MW2 and some other stuff, so fingers crossed :D

Fram

Fledgling Freddie
i have enouph rps for mw 2, (supp runie btw, can respec if nec)

Pm me in game when u need me

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Renwind said:
...and for the farm part warrior+bb 4 teh win or salvage and hinge :)

Don't have time to level two characters to level 50 just to farm diamonds :(

Sometimes it sucks to be a casual player...

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
I suppose darkness and suppression SM would work for this too? I don't want to respec ardamel, but with my SM no prob :) I'm up for a few of these raids, could even lead one if there is interest for it. That would however require atleast 10-12 mw2 or mw3 casters and there are not many around (none atm?).

jessgade

Loyal Freddie
If people are ensured 2 RA respecs on each raid -there should be no problem getting people to attend I think.

Use one RA respec to get MW
Slay dragon
Get 2 RA respecs
Respec back to RvR (+Having a RA respec for next DR)

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
RM is best, SM second best, then BD as far as damage output goes, but yeah they all work, need to be Dark Spec though :)

Can also work with Supp SMs and a Dark SM as a debuffer, but then you have the risk the mob moves (and we're still not certain how some of the ML Encounters will play out- could have very dynamic mobs), and if that happens we'll have wasted precious time.

I currently have a list of 13 Casters who are willing to respec to MW II/III (mostly MW II), most from the FoM Alliance. We need a lot of respec stones though, and not all can currently affoard them.

If you are willing to lead an attempt, all the better. Be nice to have some experience at the top.

Dragoooon | Clicky

Denisée

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
RM is best, SM second best, then BD as far as damage output goes, but yeah they all work, need to be Dark Spec though :)

Can also work with Supp SMs and a Dark SM as a debuffer, but then you have the risk the mob moves (and we're still not certain how some of the ML Encounters will play out- could have very dynamic mobs), and if that happens we'll have wasted precious time.

I currently have a list of 13 Casters who are willing to respec to MW II/III (mostly MW II), most from the FoM Alliance. We need a lot of respec stones though, and not all can currently affoard them.

If you are willing to lead an attempt, all the better. Be nice to have some experience at the top.

Dragoooon | Clicky
Think you've forgotten something. A Dark SM is viable because:

1. The Darkness line is cold dmg based so they will take advantage of the Darkcarvers debuff.
2. In their Darkness line they got an Energy debuff, and last time I knew Runecarving was enegy based. So this will be an advantage for the Darkcarver as he will now be able to use his Runecarving spells (that are specced to atleast 48, compared to the ~24 in darkness).
3. On smaller raids where a person just have to take the aggro, you can use the spirit champion (ie. Just first hit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom