MSN Messenger

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Lately MSN messenger has started displaying me as offline when i am actually online, i've signed in and out, changed my status to away, busy etc and back again, restarted my pc, router, everything i could think of.

When i talk to people sometimes messages they try and send don't get through, and when i get invited to conversations people think i've blocked them because i appear offline.

Been reading on the internet, apparently not just me, but i've yet to find a solution. Anyone else had/have this problem? Got a solution?

Penguin.

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
have you tried another clients, gaim etc. to see if the problem's at your end or their's?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I can't say I've had any problems with the MSNM network for ages. Connecting with Adium has been absolutely dandy.

Err, of course Adium is Mac only, but Gaim is based of the same core code so give the beta version of Gaim 2.0 a try and see if that's any more reliable (you might even like it ;)).

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
Well I'm using Miranda and I've not had the problem myself. Sometimes I see some of my contacts reporting as offline at random, but I can still message through. All of them use regular MSN client.

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
i use msn

and i, now that i think about it, i have knowitced that it doesn't always tell me when people are offline thesedays (in teh cream bar at the top of a conversation)

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Problem seems to be resolved now.. i left it a while till posting.. and then when i did things started to improve - lol. Thanks anyway.

Thanks anyway.

- Penguin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom