MSN Messenger prob (kinda)

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
Every time I go to log into msn messenger, I can see a list of all the previous accounts that have been used. Is there any way to clear this? (to make it neater)

I tried the help function, but I don't appear to have an "advanced" tab in my users section of my control panel... :(

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I'm assuming Windows XP? And given the absence of the advanced tab - XP Home? I'm the same. I'm guessing that this corresponds to handling multiple Passport accounts for a single computer user or something similar.

As JK says, the chances are that the address history will be stored in the Registry (somewhere). I'm doing a search now myself and I'll edit if I find anything :)

EDIT~ OK, I searched for Dr_Jo's email address in the registry and got something from a Hotmail login, but that was under "UnreadMail" - which also contained another non-MSN Messenger address. I removed it anyway, but it hasn't fixed it.

Try giving sending a Microsoft product support query, the few times I've tried it I've found them very helpful in the past, and though they can't always offer solutions, they do try hard and I've find them willing to bounce ideas around too with more hypothetical problems (it's about all I find to use them for.. heh).

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Mellow

Do you mean when you're prompted to login with the username and password prompt, other logins are available in a drop-down list? If so, then try the following:

1. Open the 'Control Panel'.
  2. Click on 'User Accounts' (Classic View).
  3. Click on your account.
  4. Click on 'Manage my network passwords' in the 'Related Tasks' area on the left.
  5. Remove the unused logins from there.
Hope that helps.

Kind Regards

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
Ah Jonty, that's made it look a lot neater. Thanks very much! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom