MS Word 2003

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hi all,

Have any of you come across this problem before? A user opens a word document, but the document has moved text onto the page below. Almost like it's inserted a page break. It's randomly moved the text, and when you open the document (off a network drive) no one else has this issue.

What's odd is the Footer shows Page 27 of 20.

This has happened on a few documents, but it's fine for other user's so it looks like a local machine issue. I thought maybe deleting the normal.dot file, and if this does not work, a re-install.

It's hard to research online as you get countless "how do i insert a page break?" threads in the search results.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Hi all,

Have any of you come across this problem before? A user opens a word document, but the document has moved text onto the page below. Almost like it's inserted a page break. It's randomly moved the text, and when you open the document (off a network drive) no one else has this issue.

What's odd is the Footer shows Page 27 of 20.

This has happened on a few documents, but it's fine for other user's so it looks like a local machine issue. I thought maybe deleting the normal.dot file, and if this does not work, a re-install.

It's hard to research online as you get countless "how do i insert a page break?" threads in the search results.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Shooting in the darkness ... there's no Macro running that's fucking up on open?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Reinstall or do a repair install of word / office on the offending machine. Will set everything back to default.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
No known macros and tried removing, reboot, reinstall but still no joy. Might remove registry entries after removing it again, but there will be loads and I wont know which could cause possible OS trouble

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Screenshots would be helpful dude.

The page number thing is fairly standard word, it recalculates the fields when you print for example and often at work we have 30 page documents that have a header of "Page 1 of 7" etc.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Managed to find the problem. They were using a custom font which looks exactly like Arial, albeit more narrow. It was causing the text to spill onto the other pages.

I always thought (like email) the word program would embed the font...obviously not :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nah, word only embeds fonts if you tell it to because otherwise you end up with massive file sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom