Misc MS Visual Studio 2013 Free

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Did use this for Unity programming but I found it a bit too complicated for me. Perhaps when I get better I'll switch back!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Did use this for Unity programming but I found it a bit too complicated for me. Perhaps when I get better I'll switch back!
I did all my uni projects in Visual Basic. But that was 1996. Hehe. Was so much easier than learning c or c ++

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I used VS'12 a lot, but that's a 9GB package, and also paid for. I wonder what they've gimped in this one to make it free....or am I just being suspicious?

Syri

FH is my second home
I used VS'12 a lot, but that's a 9GB package, and also paid for. I wonder what they've gimped in this one to make it free....or am I just being suspicious?
from what I can tell, nothing's gimped, just some licensing stuff, so it's for personal use, and small business (less than 5 installs, low turnover). using it for enterprise requires handing over some licensing cash

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
From what I can tell it is the full product and as Syri pointed out there are some licensing restrictions. As this is for personal use, me and my son, that is not an issue for me.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Hmm how will they enforce any of that? Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy working with VS and I'm worried they will have done something to it that takes my enjoyment away.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I would have thought they just add some marker in the compiled code and if they see commercial software on the market built with it they can come after you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom