Mozilla Firebird Issue

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
For some reason today whildt browsing the net the page I was loading stopped so I went to reresh it and nothing happend, so I shut down Moz Forebird and loaded it up again and it asked me what profile I wanted to load up with it :eek6:

This has neve happend before with me, so I chose defualt :( All my settings and bookmarks have been wiped, has anyone had this done to them?

If so is there a way of getting your bookmarks back? If not is there a way of backing them up incase this happens in the future?

I am using
XP Pro
Moz Firebird v 0.7

TIA :)

Quige

Fledgling Freddie
My profiles seem to live here;

C:\Documents and Settings\quige\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles

But there's also this;

C:\Documents and Settings\quige\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

In the first folder there's 2 subfolders called default and quige.

I find that if I delete the folders under the other path then when I run mozilla again it asks me again which profile to use from the first place.

Hope this may help. I did install an extension backs my bookmarks, that seems to be doing something. It's called Bookmark Backup from here;

http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers :)

Although I cant seem to get my old ones back, I have installed my backup thing so lets hope it works!

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
When that happens, and it asks for a profile, it's because firefox.exe is still resident in memory and thus your current profile 'in use'. The easiest fix is to either reboot or kill firefox.exe manually with task manager, allowing you to use your profile one more.

If that doesn't work, there are a couple of tools to recover your bookmarks and settings which I've found whilst trawling the web, but I've yet to test them as the above has always fix0red it for meh.

Xav

babs

Can't get enough of FH
The best fix if you ever get that message is to choose exit and no profile at all. Fire it up again and you should find it works no problems.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Ah thanks

Wish I knew that before, anyway thanks again :) Better late than never :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
It happens with 0.8 as well, and since 0.9 is out on the 12th or 14th, not a lot of point.

I reside on the MozillaZine forums a lot these days (there seem to be less people to help around here...), and to clarify the profile directory:

* The profiles directory will change with 0.9 (and already has in the current nightlies), and will change to "/Documents and Settings/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/*", finally removing the old "Phoenix name from the variables. (Current location is /Application Data/Phoenix/).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom