Moving

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I play on Albion/Excal (dont kill me)

And im tired of the shitty zergs, and eleitist (sp?) nature of people there. I was turned down an rvr group because they were all rr7+ and didn't want me. I know here probably wont be any better but i hope to god i would be able to get rid of the crappy zergs.

Is that the case?
and if so what class is Albion lacking just now?

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Join pryd alb. the warm community with cannon fodder pickup grps for mids :)

we feed the mid zergs with warders xD

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
what we need the most atm i reckon is firstly rejuv clerics and sorcerers... other than that another mercenary would not hurt either (looks at the crowds of armsmen-(wanna-be-mercs) standing in front of him) But start playing here and i guess you'll soon notice we need some rejuv clerics (and not another BB..) and some sorcs..

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
what we need the most atm i reckon is firstly rejuv clerics and sorcerers... other than that another mercenary would not hurt either (looks at the crowds of armsmen-(wanna-be-mercs) standing in front of him) But start playing here and i guess you'll soon notice we need some rejuv clerics (and not another BB..) and some sorcs..

What's a rejuv cleric? You mean a bb that can heal? ;)

Yeah, I agree.. Albion is lacking sorcs and good reju clerics atm in rvr..

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Justicator said:
What's a rejuv cleric? You mean a bb that can heal? ;)

Yeah, I agree.. Albion is lacking [..] good reju clerics atm in rvr..

This is bullshit

I have a rejuv cleric and a friend recently got his to 50 as well ... we both notice it's near impossible for clerics to get pickupgroups in Emain since there is plenty of clerics around

Think if you want easy grouping in RvR you really wanna go merc or sorc (merc since groups will want 3 and possibly more and sorc since there don't seem to be that much of them around)

Corran

Part of the furniture
sorc if you want a laugh, thou only 1 per group means you may have to wait awhile. Thou people say they rare sometimes you can see 2-5 sorcs all lfg. 3 these used in alb caster group so get to know them people and you pretty much assured to get a group if you assist well and know how to keep self alive.

Merc, well assist junky and rather dull if your not MA

clerics- there actually alot of these, sometimes too many, thou most group with people tehy know will help them stay alive so sometimes there dont seem many

cabby = 1 debuffer in the alb caster group, only real time they used in rvr unless you go matter for keep raids/defence.

mini = 1 per group. they everywhere, but rare to find them on pyrd that actually play the class well. They easy to play, a bitch to play well thou :(

theurg = still a rare sight to find a regular rvr theurg, and one that knows how to play. should be able to get pickup groups with these quite easily.

Depends if you know people, and your attitude when leveling as to if you make friends while leveling :)
As it goes i would pick sorc for utility and a laugh, may be tough to get a group to level in as people still dont know how good they are in any situation.
Leveling my 2nd one now, at 36 still cant get groups easily so PL to 40/45 before getting in pbaoe grps in avalon and hit 50 in no time being a debuff junkie :p

tanks should get groups, pally will always find a spot loads of these thou.
Clerics will get pve groups easy but not always rvr depending on the day :/

Anyways, if you coming across, Welcome. And have fun. Should find most are friendly but as always there a few rotten people in the pack. Avoid them and you do fine :)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Brynn said:
and if so what class is Albion lacking just now?
Solo Infis probably :p That's been said Albion needs Cabbys, Sorcs and Theurgs the most I believe. Then again, good player shouldn't have problems to get a group no matter what class he plays or even if he does he shouldn't have any problems to form a group ;)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
I was turned down an rvr group because they were all rr7+ and didn't want me.
QQ?

Wait til i tell Mezzi about this, your bum is gonna sooo red! :eek:

Your living in a dreamworld if u think u can PL a sorc to 50 then walk into a vital role in an RvR guild with little or no experience/track-record and zero RA's.

No its not elitism, its common sense.

If u really want a change try hib/mid... cos albs is albs is albs chum.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Konah said:
QQ?
Your living in a dreamworld if u think u can PL a sorc to 50 then walk into a vital role in an RvR guild with little or no experience/track-record and zero RA's.

I know i have to go through the random pick up groups, but i would prefferably like a structured group - not just a random you you and you group. Had been in a number of pick up groups, and some structured groups.

I would prefer to be in the structured groups - as the pick up groups just feed NP savage group rps, well yea i was pissed to get turned down for that group, if you were a rr3 sorc, wouldn't you like to get into a group like that?

how would you feel if someone said - sorry we dont want you till you get another million rps

Moth Twiceborn

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

No its not elitism, its common sense.

If u really want a change try hib/mid... cos albs is albs is albs chum.

True or not, maybe this is the kind of attitude he wants to get away from.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Brynn said:
how would you feel if someone said - sorry we dont want you till you get another million rps
I wouldn't take it too seriously and I would understand it. If I would take it too seriously and start to flame and whine at them they probably would prove their point and I would make myself look like an idiot. I for one would invite friendly random player over idiot high RR player - The answer you give to reply "sorry we dont want you till you get another million rps" would be the first impression you give:

A) FFS how am i supposed to get that million rps if you dont invite me???????
B) Cya in 1mil RPs then :D

I would ignore the type A person and probably invite the type B person if there is room. If he playes good or playes crap but understanding it and making room for someone else he would get invited in future too. Crap player who demands to stay in group and being a burden= no thanks :p Luckily most of those crap players are also twats so I dont group with them at all :m00:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Saggy said:
If I would take it too seriously and start to flame and whine at them

i didn't come to flame - i thought i tried not to, i just tried to prove some of the eliesm. No where did i come saying "amagaaaad x, y and z wouldn't let me in my group.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Brynn said:
i didn't come to flame - i thought i tried not to, i just tried to prove some of the eliesm. No where did i come saying "amagaaaad x, y and z wouldn't let me in my group.
I never said you are flaming, just answered on your question.

Corran

Part of the furniture
saggy is the king of twisting, just ignore him :touch:

alot of random groups on pyrd go for structured pickup groups.
however, we not as bitchy on the RR of people. I play my sorc in high rr groups and he is still low RR (RR3 i think infact). Hell even at RR2 PE set group asked me to join them for awhile, i turned them down as i was logging but that aint the point, thou they prefer their own, you in right place at right time they may give you a run out.
Also i run in set groups with him often at that low RR. It is possible as long as you make self known (in a good way) and know what your doing

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Arethir said:
(looks at the crowds of armsmen-(wanna-be-mercs) standing in front of him)

Tbh i couldn't be happier by choosing armsman over merc :). Heres why;

Armsmen have availability to plate, best armour in the game.
Polearmsmen are able to frontload more damage than mercs, although mercs are better over time. Ideal offensive tank setup would be 2 mercs and a polearmer, steady damage from the mercs with a big chunk of damage from the pole :).

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
saggy is the king of twisting, just ignore him :touch:
Thank you :eek6:

Then again I understand, the amount of people who can actually read is fairly low, you might notice that Brynn may not actually say that I blamed him of flaming Oo Also strong quoting skills are a must, example incoming!
Corran said:
saggy is the king
<o/ Oo Now go back to read my second post, will you?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Saggy said:
Thank you :eek6:

Then again I understand, the amount of people who can actually read is fairly low, you might notice that Brynn may not actually say that I blamed him of flaming Oo Also strong quoting skills are a must, example incoming!

<o/ Oo Now go back to read my second post, will you?

pffft, i stand by it you gimp :) you are good at twisting things. seen it many times. Not that i care, always fun to get you started :p

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
pffft, i stand by it you gimp :) you are good at twisting things. seen it many times. Not that i care, always fun to get you started :p
Good, I'll keep going "twisting" things for your entertainment then Oo
Brynn said:
Personal question, right?
Saggy said:
I wouldn't take it too seriously and I would understand it. If I would take it too seriously and start to flame and whine at them they probably would prove their point and I would make myself look like an idiot. I for one would invite friendly random player over idiot high RR player - The answer you give to reply "sorry we dont want you till you get another million rps" would be the first impression you give
Answer to that personal question from both perspectives - Me looking for a group and me as a group leader, right? Sure, it will look differend if you cut the sentences in the middle or you fail to see paragraph as whole, just seeing it as a pack of separate sentences. Want examples to understand this? Sure, I have some :p
corran said:
saggy is the king
That isn't what you wanted to say, right? This is, my dear friend, something I would call "twisting".
Mr. Example said:
My friend died. I shot him with a shotgun.
Those two sentences are connected to each others but if you fail to understand that you are "twisting" things, right? This and...
Mr. Example said:
My friend died.
...this wouldn't get the same reply, right?

Now, lets take a look at this again, ok? Oo
Saggy said:
Paragraph one: I wouldn't take it too seriously and I would understand it. If I would take it too seriously and start to flame and whine at them they probably would prove their point and I would make myself look like an idiot. I for one would invite friendly random player over idiot high RR player - The answer you give to reply "sorry we dont want you till you get another million rps" would be the first impression you give:

Paragraph two
A) FFS how am i supposed to get that million rps if you dont invite me???????
B) Cya in 1mil RPs then ;D

Paragraph three
I would ignore the type A person and probably invite the type B person if there is room. If he playes good or playes crap but understanding it and making room for someone else he would get invited in future too. Crap player who demands to stay in group and being a burden= no thanks :pLuckily most of those crap players are also twats so I dont group with them at all :m00:
The : mark in the end of Paragraph one directly connects Paragraph one and two, right? Refering to A and B on Paragraph three directly connects that paragraph to Paragraph two, right? Now, could there be even a small chance that 1+2+3=6 and my point is that personally I dont give a flying fuck what RR the person asking for a group is nor would I be disappointed if I dont get a group because of my low RR, what really matters is what sort of person you are and how well you play (yes, behaving well is one of the most important things in "playing well"). Could you please underline the part where I say that Brynn is flaming? Thank you.

Note: English isn't my main language so I could be horribly wrong here. I've, however, done writing for living so I'm fairly sure what I'm talking about. But of course, I'm wrong and twisting things... (hint: that ... has a meaning which most of the smiley-generation peeps probably fail to see or maybe it has no meaning in English, I do not know). Remember that in the game like Daoc you give yourself "face" by the way you write so if you dont pay attention what you say and how you say it people will easily get wrong imagination of you.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Saggy said:
Remember that in the game like Daoc you give yourself "face" by the way you write so if you dont pay attention what you say and how you say it people will easily get wrong imagination of you.
Oh, that was my way to apology you Corran btw :p Just because you done good job on making yourself looking like an total idiot wanker in the eyes of numerous players I must trust on my source who says that you are a very nice guy afterall :D

Also little edit on previous post:
Saggy said:
Could you please underline the part where I say that Brynn is flaming? Thank you.
Should be: Could you please underline the part where I say that Brynn is flaming or what you mean about my "twisting" things? Thank you.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Take pbt theurgist for easy way to 50, made 20-50 without pl under 2 weeks \o/.
Then respec for rvr, wind, ice/earth what evah tehy are on now.

Also 1 theurg in fotm rvr gank group.

rezzi rezzzalot

Fledgling Freddie
Brynnie pooh you tried making groups instead of exspecting to join them? This usually takes some time and effort but wont happen if you dont stick with it and move on to yet another thing :twak:
The grass may look greener but its just a matter of time before it turns grey :)
Also it would help if you didnt go afk without saying so, though as a sorc you cant afk at all in rvr :fluffle:
Personally i dont rvr that much, but when i do i try and be there 200%

rezzi rezzzalot

Fledgling Freddie
gtp said:
With FC fools ye it is! Since you guys dont have a life! :twak:

What Konah meant was being a rr 3 sorc doenst make you an rvr expert since it can be done in one night and playing one since over 2 years i agree with that.
Sorcs are never through with learning :)
No need to get personal and being insulting here :touch:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Yea mezzi but im not mind spec :p

im a /assist body nuker :p

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
gtp said:
With FC fools ye it is! Since you guys dont have a life! :twak:
err ~5hrs rvr a few nights a week = no life?

okayyyy! :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom