Moving to US - How's it done?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I don't necessairily want to download 2gb's of files for the US free-trial so I was wondering if theres a way I can use my euro files to transfer to the US and have less to download.

Secondly, anyone know any sites which ship the US version of the game to the UK?

Laddey

FH is my second home
For which client mate, probably TOA for the free trial since catas isn't free. Change it in your update.dat open it with notepad.

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/atlantis/mpatch.dat

I think that is the US patch info mate. Pretty sure tbh :) Give me 5min and i will confirm it for yee.

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
ok , you can patch your Euro client to US version by changing your " Update.dat " file to read the following :-

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat

( change the labyrinth part of the lines to atlantis/catacombs/darkness for which-ever expansion you buy , all expansions can be bought digitally once you've created the account )
( if your buying Labyrinth , theres a seperate client download for it on Mythics download page )

Patch up , then create a new account using the a trial account key from here :-

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/downloads/

Use the trial key to create your account , then you can purchase the expansions and subs ( which are activated as soon as you buy ) from the accounts log in page through the log in

This way theres no need to get any discs imported , unless you really want to

If you really want the discs you could try http://www.cdromshop.com/

Laddey

FH is my second home
Baldanah said:
ok , you can patch your Euro client to US version by changing your " Update.dat " file to read the following :-

Mythic Patch

( change the labyrinth part of the lines to atlantis or to which ever expansion you buy , all expansions can be bought digitally once you've created the account )
( if your buying Labyrinth , theres a seperate client download for it on Mythics download page )

Patch up , then create a new account using the a trial account key from here :-

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/downloads/

Use the trial key to create your account , then you can purchase the expansions and subs ( which are activated as soon as you buy ) from the accounts log in page through the log in

This way theres no need to get any discs imported , unless you really want to

Beat you too it!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
copy your daoc folders over to a new folder (i called mine DAOC US) then open the file update.dat using wordpad or so.

cant remember what it says and i have deleted EU daoc now but change it to;

Atlantis:

Mythic Patch

Note, i deleted my toa install to save space, i am fairly sure it says "atlantis, just check your EU version as the end part stays the same.

Cata:

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat

DR

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/darkness/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/darkness/mpatch.dat

As for Labyrinth....just upgrade your account through your client, you can even DL the install file through the client. i dont know what the hell goa did to the EU login client but its a pale shadow of the US version :)

edit: bah to all of you :)

Barun

Loyal Freddie
Btw i recently updated the EU Daoc to US, and once its finished i couldnt log in,

when i dl'd the whole game from the webbie everything worked,
Dunno if i fucked up or if they changed summin

leviathane

Part of the furniture
you musta fcked up tbh :) i normally jsut change the update.dat file and it works.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
anybody else getting horrible lag when playing US servers? or is it just because i recently downgraded my line from 3mb to a 1mb?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Why did u give him the info! He'll be forcing me to come US too :(

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Get to US sleezm8!

Btw, anyone know how I access my account details etc. to edit them? I need to change my payment option...

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Commandment said:
anybody else getting horrible lag when playing US servers? or is it just because i recently downgraded my line from 3mb to a 1mb?

you are the first person i heard got that problem..

us servers are more stable and less laggy then GOA servers...

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Btw, anyone know how I access my account details etc. to edit them? I need to change my payment option...

log into game without selecting a char, then when you on server list, there is an account info botton or something to push to access that stuff.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
you are the first person i heard got that problem..

us servers are more stable and less laggy then GOA servers...
im with the normal irish isp (eircom) they have recently been bought out.. im using a 1mb line.. very laggy all day.. went to lan cafe with 3mb line (eircom aswell) it was laggy there too.. not for eu servers tho.. must just be the Luck of the Irish :p

hopefully be fixed in a few days :D

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
I'm playing on US now and believe it or not but I have less lag on the US servrs than I ever had on the Euro ones.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Commandment said:

the latency is higher, usually. Noticeable how much more ghosting there is.

It's not OT at its worst, but it's noticeably slower than the european servers when they're working properly.

cue the "grass is greener" lynch mob :p but from blueyonder I get a better connection to the GOA servers than to the US ones. Obviously back when OT was having a regular fall over it was worse to the EU ones but well duh, if sprintlink were to go mental I'd have a fair bit of trouble connecting to Pendragon too.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
not had any lag whatsoever myself, had two accounts logged in for 12 hours straight yesterday duel logging (wasn't at keyboard that long :)) and didn't go LD once. Part of this is down to the new client though, it is by far the best daoc client yet.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Commandment said:

yankee lover!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
If anyone has any worries about any possible lag, all you have to do is trace it yourself and see how it works for you.

The IP for Gawaine is 208.254.16.70

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
If anyone has any worries about any possible lag, all you have to do is trace it yourself and see how it works for you.

The IP for Gawaine is 208.254.16.70

That timed out for me :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Raven said:
not had any lag whatsoever myself, had two accounts logged in for 12 hours straight yesterday duel logging (wasn't at keyboard that long :)) and didn't go LD once. Part of this is down to the new client though, it is by far the best daoc client yet.

I don't get many linkdeads - only had about 3 in the entire Lotm beta - but then again I don't get many on the european servers either.

What I noticed was the ghosting - I'd lag pull things an awful lot more than on the euro servers. Now that might just be Pendragon, as I don't play on any of the other servers.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I had some problems while playing there as well, like I would press a style then one to two seconds later the style would pull off.

Nothing disturbing, but perhaps a bit annoying every now and then.

I'm in Norway though, quite far away.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
On LOTM release I had about 1-2sec lag, it was really bad. They then put in a patch and since then i've had little to no lag whatsoever, even during peak times with 2k people over the cluster.

I wouldn't say its better than EU, but its not a problem at all for me.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
where i change the update.dat ? lol
Iaint good with PC's so just wondered where i find it :)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Blizard said:
where i change the update.dat ? lol
Iaint good with PC's so just wondered where i find it :)

you can find the update.dat file inside your DAoC folder, right click it, and select open with...choose program...then select notepad, and you can make the changes you need.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi Intimate :)
Thanks for that but ive just done what you said and tried to load up the game but it just sais...

(This client cannot update your dark age of camelot installation because a large number of key files are missing or corrupted.)

Please re - install the game from your installation CD and try again

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Ah sorted, i changed the toa pack instead of the catas pack and coppied the new toa file into the catas... if ya know what i mean lol... i sorted it now tho -)

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok, now i suppose i have to buy an american copy as my cd code from eu daoc obviously doesnt work! ?
Where can i buy the cd code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom