[Movie] Vote for Love, Albion/Avalon, FG vs FG.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
sphir said:
Amazing that you find WoW PvP fun or even a challenge, I've been up against you a few times and no doubt that your somewhat better than the average pvp-guild-farmteams.

But compared to Dark age RvR etc, WoW BG's / PvP seems so awfull, that i do not wish to mention it, ever again.
It's pretty much just as fun when you actually meet other good teams in wsg, needless to say there is about 1 team that gives any real challenge. No different from daoc though last I played.

On topic: really liked the movie, almost made me miss playing daoc but rerolling server is not appealing, even with the current easymode ToA. Would like more tankpov though!

Didn't see Mamba die a single time I think, somethings not right :(

cmr

Banned
Septina said:
If everyone doesnt like the movies i make i'll just die :(

i am everyone and i dont like your movies because you killed my animist :(

and rofl manisch is still going on, im sure in 999 call reinactments they will edit it if people scream for help more than once, because people watching might get annoyed that they already said that! jesus this is a video of what happened in there fights, why would they edit out people asking for cure mezz...... im sure it would cross nobodys mind making the video to edit out vent chat because there is one idiot in the world that might no like it for god knows what reason

As for the video, the range all of your casters have to interupt plus the tanks and well i dont have to mention the points but an albion group with that setup is pretty unbeatable and staj group seem to do well with thane/valk/zerk/healer for interupts, i presume its them your fighting but tbh they have to play very fucking well to make that work without a bd, no fight vs a hib group ? or am i seeing things... would have bee nice to see. Nice fights but tbh with the tools an albion FG has atm they shouldnt loose.... its just insane

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
cmr said:
i am everyone and i dont like your movies because you killed my animist :(

and rofl manisch is still going on, im sure in 999 call reinactments they will edit it if people scream for help more than once, because people watching might get annoyed that they already said that! jesus this is a video of what happened in there fights, why would they edit out people asking for cure mezz...... im sure it would cross nobodys mind making the video to edit out vent chat because there is one idiot in the world that might no like it for god knows what reason

As for the video, the range all of your casters have to interupt plus the tanks and well i dont have to mention the points but an albion group with that setup is pretty unbeatable and staj group seem to do well with thane/valk/zerk/healer for interupts, i presume its them your fighting but tbh they have to play very fucking well to make that work without a bd, no fight vs a hib group ? or am i seeing things... would have bee nice to see. Nice fights but tbh with the tools an albion FG has atm they shouldnt loose.... its just insane

fights vs their group was always challenging and fun.. good + nice players. Setups are equaly good imo, but very dependent from situation to situation.

Most fights at the start of their days on ava pretty much always ended in our favor, but becoming more equal RR made them one of the most challenging groups on Ava. If you exlude the RA dumping german groups. :)

Big respect

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
disclaimer: in no way meant as e-peen fence, excuses or whatever.

Xnys vs VFL win/lose ratio has never been an easy "we pwned you more then you pwned them". When they just started they got absolutely farmed in every single way because they were low realmrank. But as with every determined setgrp they kept playing, improving, gaining rr's, they started beating us here and there, etc.

Eventually it was pretty much 50/50, with the ratio shifting in their favour because we started to swap chars and had to get replacements more and more often (we just sucked). It's a shame we never got to run our "real" setup vs their "real" setup, but I'm sure it would overall be a 50/50 ratio with sometimes them winning more, sometimes us winning more. It's simply the way it always goes, we change something / adapt and it works, they adapt to that, etc, etc.

Beauty of daoc rvr is that its never a fight you know 100% sure you will win, because everyone who runs a group in a 8vs8 community aims to improve and beat those they have difficulties with.

As for Xnys/VFL vs german groups,

the way germans play is very different then 'ours'. They don't play the positioning game we do with lighttanks charging in just to dump banelords and then come back. They push, push like maniacs, dump all ra's at start of fight and put the max ammount of pressure on the enemy as they can. I'm not saying either one is better, just different, and until they adapted, hugely in favour of "the cluster way". Probably the reason both vfl and us farmed most the german groups until they adapted at rr4-5, when it became even, or the germans won more.

VFL vent

their vent was good. I played with them a few nights and I was surprised at how calm it was actually, while still having a good flow of information. I agree with manisch that the communication could have been better at points, but in general it really isn't bad.

Xnys vent / movie

Our video will have quite a bit of ventchat in it, and I can safely say Xnys vent is the most noisy, whiney one I have ever been in. Seems logical to me, after the death of OG it seemed impossible to 'hope' for another group with combined the friendship + play for fun + play competitive aspects of daoc. Xnys was (for most I think) just a group that plays to win all as main priority.

Sure, it sounds a bit odd, and sure, we laughed a hell of a lot, but we werent a group of friends that just started playing again.

In the video I won't put in the bits where we argue about useless shit, only the funny parts that hopefully will make people smile, the fights where we beat our nemesis the first time (even tho it was a pug of theirs), the fight where everything just goes horribly wrong and staj goes ballistic and makes monkey-sounds, semi-calm fights where people only give neutral information on whats happening, etc.

and yes I do care what people think of the video, but no I won't make multiple audio tracks. it's my job as editor to make the entire movie from start to finish enjoyable, even if there are bits you don't like as much as others.

to be short: vfl roxed, fucking shame they stopped playing, movie was ok but could have been a lot better with more effort/time, xnys movie inc in one of the next few days (spam your stuff about us in there, leave this thread for VFL and their video mk?!)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
oh, forgot to add, our setup is hardly worse then one with a bd. thane, zerk and valk got so many boosts the past patches its pretty overpowered really. :p the only advantage a bd would give us is twf to clear pets when everyone else is under heavy pressure, but fuck that - 5x cone interrupt + sick dps ftw!

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
That sounds like.....well not really poetic but ehm....pretty overstating =))

Hehe well a poet soul in a rough shell then!:)
Nah, but its so darn hard to reach Manisch, he really only seem to understand when you use that kind of language.;)

/Charmangle

cmr

Banned
Vodkafairy said:
oh, forgot to add, our setup is hardly worse then one with a bd. thane, zerk and valk got so many boosts the past patches its pretty overpowered really. :p the only advantage a bd would give us is twf to clear pets when everyone else is under heavy pressure, but fuck that - 5x cone interrupt + sick dps ftw!

yep and with incoming nerf BD will be quite useless you guys might have seen that coming, but as it is id say BD > Valk at the moment as with a valk your missing out on BAOD3 TWF3 etc if you dont spec that or only one of those on BD the damage can be very nice solo or assisting the RM, plus extra BLs and pets are always nice

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
charmangle said:
Hehe well a poet soul in a rough shell then!:)
Nah, but its so darn hard to reach Manisch, he really only seem to understand when you use that kind of language.;)

/Charmangle

You can reach me simply, if you got anything valueable to say, say it. Ofc you can go along and play the cocksucker like most of the people here do.

I admired Madtion and Maelstrom back there for their in game actions and always loved Madi's movies (especially "Maelstrom goes Camelot") and this one is one I don't like that much and I voiced it. Nothing more.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
cmr said:
yep and with incoming nerf BD will be quite useless you guys might have seen that coming, but as it is id say BD > Valk at the moment as with a valk your missing out on BAOD3 TWF3 etc if you dont spec that or only one of those on BD the damage can be very nice solo or assisting the RM, plus extra BLs and pets are always nice

Though I'd say Shivae > Brite.

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
When they just started they got absolutely farmed in every single way because they were low realmrank. But as with every determined setgrp they kept playing, improving, gaining rr's, they started beating us here and there, etc.

So i guess its safely to say that realm ranks DO make a huge difference in fg fights then:)

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Best played alb group vid since Septina's PE movies in my humble noobish opinion. Touch harsh saying what ever MaditioN does will never compare to what he has done on healer... yes he is an awesome healer but havnt seen many sorc PoVs better played, only perhaps Ruune or Septina, again in my humble noobish opinion.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Craparoni said:
So i guess its safely to say that realm ranks DO make a huge difference in fg fights then:)
When you've just started a new group in a new realm, you're not used to playing the character you're playing, in the setup you're playing, with the people you're playing it with. Alot of things will improve drastically as you get some experience. RR being one of them.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Craparoni said:
Considering teamplay and skill is equal, and it is between the 2 grps imo, then yeah RAs is often the desiding factor.

Fought xryshfdjhsfjkahdklf grp 4 or 5 times with our avalon grp and think the best we did was killing 1 mabye 2:D and i think our grp is quite good but not as good, so no reason to blame RRs for us.

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
When you've just started a new group in a new realm, you're not used to playing the character you're playing, in the setup you're playing, with the people you're playing it with. Alot of things will improve drastically as you get some experience. RR being one of them.

yes yes, but not according to hes statment, and the huge debate on this issue a couple of threads ago. Wasnt ment as a flame just a comment in that direction cuz i found it funny, u see?:)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
You can reach me simply, if you got anything valueable to say, say it. Ofc you can go along and play the cocksucker like most of the people here do.

I admired Madtion and Maelstrom back there for their in game actions and always loved Madi's movies (especially "Maelstrom goes Camelot") and this one is one I don't like that much and I voiced it. Nothing more.

:)Thats the response I for one would like to see!:)

Its just that you have a tendancy to start your voicing of opinions with a flame or flamebating vocabulary. Words like: garbage, noob, chain dying, kinda sets the tone a little!:) But then again, what would the fun in these forums be if we didnt have a little flamebating!:drink:

/Charmangle

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Craparoni said:
yes yes, but not according to hes statment, and the huge debate on this issue a couple of threads ago. Wasnt ment as a flame just a comment in that direction cuz i found it funny, u see?:)

Like I said on that thread too, up until ~rr6 it indeed makes a big difference. And the one with more abilities has always some advantage, of course.

But there's a lot of rr6/7/8+ people who always use the "we lose because of lower realm ranks", which is just plain ridiculous. Very few fights get decided because the RR11 guy had 10 more dex or had DI2 instead of 1.

If, for example, some rr6 grp NEVER wins vs some rr11 grp, they wouldn't do any better if they suddenly got bumped to rr11. But if they win 30% at rr6, score would probably be 50-50 if both were rr11.

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
Like I said on that thread too, up until ~rr6 it indeed makes a big difference. And the one with more abilities has always some advantage, of course.

But there's a lot of rr6/7/8+ people who always use the "we lose because of lower realm ranks", which is just plain ridiculous. Very few fights get decided because the RR11 guy had 10 more dex or had DI2 instead of 1.

If, for example, some rr6 grp NEVER wins vs some rr11 grp, they wouldn't do any better if they suddenly got bumped to rr11. But if they win 30% at rr6, score would probably be 50-50 if both were rr11.

Yes i know that too, i have the same view on this matter as u have. changed realm myself and started from scratch, know how hard it can be in the beginning. My comment was purly a little tiny sarcastic comment with a smile on my face when i saw the contradiction from that other thread : coop > Ra's versus we lost due to low RR .:)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:
If everyone doesnt like the movies i make i'll just die :(:(:(:(

well tbh the BDC movie you made was one of the best or the best movie i ever watched

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Eleasias said:
it was made by vf :)

dam it! your movies suck Sep!! :D <hugs>

anyways a dam nice movie indeed VF ^^

laughed my ass off when Eleasias ( i think) screamed "get the pet off me" 3 times and dunno who was that said " hes mine septina, mine!!"

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Craparoni said:
Yes i know that too, i have the same view on this matter as u have. changed realm myself and started from scratch, know how hard it can be in the beginning. My comment was purly a little tiny sarcastic comment with a smile on my face when i saw the contradiction from that other thread : coop > Ra's versus we lost due to low RR .:)

erm, low RR was more an indication of time then having realm abilities. when they started they lost most, then it evened out over time.

they didn't suddenly start winning fights because they had some more ra's - sure they helped, but also their teamwork got better, they got used to the alb chars, tactics vs us, and once more because its so important: their teamwork got better.

and its not "we lost due to low rr", but "they lost due to low rr", I'm not a member of VFL. if you want to continue the discussion you can pm me, I see no reason to continue it here :p.

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
erm, low RR was more an indication of time then having realm abilities. when they started they lost most, then it evened out over time.

they didn't suddenly start winning fights because they had some more ra's - sure they helped, but also their teamwork got better, they got used to the alb chars, tactics vs us, and once more because its so important: their teamwork got better.

and its not "we lost due to low rr", but "they lost due to low rr", I'm not a member of VFL. if you want to continue the discussion you can pm me, I see no reason to continue it here :p.

Neeh, no need to continue, its dryed out. A poor attempt to be funny so i'll cave buddy:)

ps! i meant "they lost due to low rr" , was a typo.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
Did Manisch ebay some balls recently?

Nah but i think he bought a Taste of Bitter.:flame:

sorry thats as good as my jokes get :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Cyan, you suck! tbh!

should come play EVE btw :D its of rox

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Cyan, you suck! tbh!

should come play EVE btw :D its of rox

convince me, atm it looks like a endless star wars wannabe with a infinite universe:m00:

Nate

FH is my second home
down for like the whole day though? :( think even the web site is down atm

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Nate said:
down for like the whole day though? :( think even the web site is down atm

ya its down, upgrades and such going on :)

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
dam it! your movies suck Sep!! :D <hugs>

anyways a dam nice movie indeed VF ^^

laughed my ass off when Eleasias ( i think) screamed "get the pet off me" 3 times and dunno who was that said " hes mine septina, mine!!"

ya was me if you mean the BDC movie ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom