[Movie] The Summer Group

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:
Well I think the point is that these dudes are not so high RR themselves, so actually they got some nice fights. I was a bit wondering about the positioning aswell, but that wasn't really my main issue.

I can't say if I liked the video or not, but I think you have really low fps while recording, that's what I didn't like so much :(

dont have to be high rr to get good fights.. dont have to be high rr to play well. I personaly dont like this movie, I might aswell watch a trailer of daoc, I would prob enjoy that more then this kind of a movie with bad fps ontop of it.

Maybe put in some roleplaying story if the rvr quality is so bad, dont know..

stevah

Fledgling Freddie
y was a bonedancer in another life.. y play a sm like a tank ehehe

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
none ever said that you have to be uber to have fun in daoc. Regarding the 'performing well' I have to disagree.

Neither did I say that :-x

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Seems you only have to post a movie these days for someone (read: Stajjijjon) to take offense and start spouting off crap--womp and it's back to the Excalibur RvR forums again. Perhaps chill out a bit, my main man, this movie is not an attack that you must repel at all cost. As for performing well, we have been holding our own this past week against the current crop of groups out there, whatever your sore e-peen tells you.

:fluffle:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Not watched it properly so not referring to it specifically. Not like I'm an expert, but funny how often peeps comment about bad positioning on SM vids. Think having a bigass ML9 intercept pet means SMs don't learn to pan and keep distance so quick as other casters who have the fear of god of enemy tanks...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Stallion said:
dont have to be high rr to get good fights.. dont have to be high rr to play well. I personaly dont like this movie, I might aswell watch a trailer of daoc, I would prob enjoy that more then this kind of a movie with bad fps ontop of it.

Maybe put in some roleplaying story if the rvr quality is so bad, dont know..

Well maybe it's not like I'd play caster aswell, but I just like to see the enemy perspective =)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Seems you only have to post a movie these days for someone (read: Stajjijjon) to take offense and start spouting off crap--womp and it's back to the Excalibur RvR forums again. Perhaps chill out a bit, my main man, this movie is not an attack that you must repel at all cost. As for performing well, we have been holding our own this past week against the current crop of groups out there, whatever your sore e-peen tells you.

:fluffle:

dont know who your refering to who takes offence from an FH post. Guess you speak of experience, but hey thats off topic. Think most all chilled here all apart from you. Movies qual isnt the best and the maker has stated that aswell.

For me pooor play in, what seems like a somewhat serious movie, aint enough if there aint some kind of funny story in built into it. Which is what I wrote, now if you think im upset for not beeing entertained by this movie, I leave it at that. :)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:
Well maybe it's not like I'd play caster aswell, but I just like to see the enemy perspective =)

I guess the minority of ppl on these forums that actully meet this group find greater value of it, I have to agree even thou im not one of them.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
Not watched it properly so not referring to it specifically. Not like I'm an expert, but funny how often peeps comment about bad positioning on SM vids. Think having a bigass ML9 intercept pet means SMs don't learn to pan and keep distance so quick as other casters who have the fear of god of enemy tanks...

well positioning isnt really about beeing afraid of the 'damage' the tanks do to you. Surely a SM has an miner advantage in this matter taking the SM intercept (post fix). And a proper BG neglects this argument anyway. So why position yourself ? Well a caster in the middle beeing BL dumped / sheered / nuked / and just randomly interrupted isnt really that must of an asset to a group. If their suppose to do dmg ofcourse, (hi bds).

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Stallion said:
So why position yourself ? Well a caster in the middle beeing BL dumped / sheered / nuked / and just randomly interrupted isnt really that must of an asset to a group. If their suppose to do dmg ofcourse, (hi bds).
Well yeah, though perhaps it this stuff doesn't always register with peeps the same way been mowed down does.

auroria

Banned
my first thought was: OMG a kobold zerk WTF! :p
Was fun watching though, and i can see why you need moc ;) Was entertaining seing LA get owned to ppieces every fight aswell , but would be enough with 2-3 of em, not 6-7 :p

Xarma

Fledgling Freddie
Nice one Blue, glad to see that you guys managed to get a group going.

Although I noticed you still sigh on vent when you die. :twak:

Anyways, I enjoyed the movie, especially the last part, brought back many memories of having you and Sven on vent in the KN/SC groups. ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Stallion said:
I guess the minority of ppl on these forums that actully meet this group find greater value of it, I have to agree even thou im not one of them.

I'm gonna propose myself as writer for a screenplay for the next movie then, how does: "Norsemen flee the cold - a trip to the lands of Arthur" sound? =))

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
You cant please all the people all the time etc etc lol

I did say this was a fun movie and not a wtfpwn movie and hoped it would be treated as such - just some fun entertainment that I thought some people would see an amusing side to which i think i succeeded in.

Loved the kobold zerker comment btw :D

No, im not RR12 and 1337'd up to the eyeballs running with a rr10+ grp and don't always run out in rvr for 8v8 altho thats the rvr I prefer but in both the groups I run with we aim to have fun and enjoy ourselves and do have some fun (and decent) winning fights. Most of the time we succeed in that objective too.

Overall I was happy with the end result and enjoyed making it and maybe another time i will make something more serious with a story (with better positioning and panning ofc which suprisingly I am capable of lol) but tbh i prefer to keep it light hearted whether the grp (or myself) play well or not :)

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Stajj said: turned it off after second fight.

guess it could be fun to watch if your completely new to daoc..

And thats a reply from a skilled player towards the 'new players' ?

No offence mate but spend more time on constructive posts like u did after that post instead of critisize w/o giving any help to those people. And if u cba to givf then dont come and post such stuff.
Toally out of respect ofc and got nothing personal with you but yes more love in hib is the way.
Besides that - funny movie and worhed watching. U powned my ass there but i still love ya ;p

Regards
Mck

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Mckennitt said:
And thats a reply from a skilled player towards the 'new players' ?

No offence mate but spend more time on constructive posts like u did after that post instead of critisize w/o giving any help to those people. And if u cba to givf then dont come and post such stuff.
Toally out of respect ofc and got nothing personal with you but yes more love in hib is the way.
Besides that - funny movie and worhed watching. U powned my ass there but i still love ya ;p

Regards
Mck

if you post a movie on a forum, dont expect rose from everyone. A negative input has the same value of an positive one. Even if most dont agree or think its very 'constructive'. I mean do you ask the ppl that write 'great movie' to be more constructive? no you dont, you go on.. so why would this be any different.

Mckennitt said:
funny movie and worhed watching.

In which way is your post more constructive then mine? Yours positive mine negative, both just as simple laid out.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Difference is that positive feedbacks encourage people do more of those so eventually they will improve themselvs in order to stand on a better 'image' on their next video. Negatives posts disencourage em and im only talking about your first one. The rest were ok.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
if you post a movie on a forum, dont expect rose from everyone. A negative input has the same value of an positive one. Even if most dont agree or think its very 'constructive'. I mean do you ask the ppl that write 'great movie' to be more constructive? no you dont, you go on.. so why would this be any different.

In which way is your post more constructive then mine? Yours positive mine negative, both just as simple laid out.

Have to agree with mck there tbh.

If you dont have anything real constructive to say in a negative way why say it?
Just cause you can?
Well hurrai!
My parents and maybe ur parents as well since ur swedish told me when i grow up: if you dont got anything nice to say, just keep ur mouth shut:p

Seriously though. You and vodka are apparently good fg players.
The difference between vodkas post and urs was that he put some thought into it while you just trashed him for some strange reason^^

If you think ur a good player( which im sure you think) , Why not lend some of that knowledge to the players you feel are worse?

Just a thought:)
eb.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
ebenezer said:
Have to agree with mck there tbh.

If you dont have anything real constructive to say in a negative way why say it?
Just cause you can?
Well hurrai!
My parents and maybe ur parents as well since ur swedish told me when i grow up: if you dont got anything nice to say, just keep ur mouth shut:p

Seriously though. You and vodka are apparently good fg players.
The difference between vodkas post and urs was that he put some thought into it while you just trashed him for some strange reason^^

If you think ur a good player( which im sure you think) , Why not lend some of that knowledge to the players you feel are worse?

eb.

so if I dont write something constructive I should either. a) shut up, or b) spend my time writing 'how to play daoc for dummies'. Did I understand that correct? you'd probably have to delete 80% of FH posts and dream yourself away then. <3

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:

eb.
To add to that: I posted the movie as part of a learning experience for me improving on gameplay which I hoped some people would find entertaining. Vodka posted (aswell as some others) with constructive input which was appreciated. I knew I would some get negative feedback but hey, if you cant take criticism then you can stay hidden away all anonymous thinking your "all that". Thats not my style tho hehe

Although some people dont, I personally I look at a bigger picture than purely on the strength of the fights in a movie. Take the House of Ahm movies for example. Their second movie I think is an awesome piece of entertainment. Their grp setup in that movie is made for a specific purpose which some people wouldn't like (bomb group) but overall that movie imo is a superb advertisement for DAoC and fun.

I like to watch FG movies for several reasons: to see how the "other" side plays, to learn and get ideas from but also to be entertained aswell. VF's movies I really enjoy for several reasons like their gameplay, their priorities in fights and the editing.

As I said above no movie will please everyone as there are so many differing ways to play DAoC.

Anyway I will be working on another purely because I enjoy it :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
so if I dont write something constructive I should either. a) shut up, or b) spend my time writing 'how to play daoc for dummies'. Did I understand that correct? you'd probably have to delete 80% of FH posts and dream yourself away then. <3
...or why not just do what most people did and make a brief constructive comment (negative or positive as both are useful tbh) rather than your initial post ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
no need, it might be nice if he or anyone would post detailed critisism but in the end the forum is to express and share opinions, which he did :p it's something you have to live with if you stick yourself or your group out in the community with a video

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Bluesky said:

And that you should :) You clearly have the talent for it i'd say! :worthy:

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:

I didnt tell you to do anything :) As i said it was a thought. You can take it to you or not.
You reacted to the movie and made a comment. i reacted to ur post and made a comment. the comments are based on how we behave and act as human beings in many cases. In some cases they are just words of turds:p

And by saying what you said: should i spend my time writing" how to play daoc for dummies", i have aclear view why you wouldnt write a modest and "nicer" post. ( might have been a joke....but im not so sure:p)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
To add to that: I posted the movie as part of a learning experience for me improving on gameplay which I hoped some people would find entertaining. Vodka posted (aswell as some others) with constructive input which was appreciated. I knew I would some get negative feedback but hey, if you cant take criticism then you can stay hidden away all anonymous thinking your "all that". Thats not my style tho hehe

Although some people dont, I personally I look at a bigger picture than purely on the strength of the fights in a movie. Take the House of Ahm movies for example. Their second movie I think is an awesome piece of entertainment. Their grp setup in that movie is made for a specific purpose which some people wouldn't like (bomb group) but overall that movie imo is a superb advertisement for DAoC and fun.

I like to watch FG movies for several reasons: to see how the "other" side plays, to learn and get ideas from but also to be entertained aswell. VF's movies I really enjoy for several reasons like their gameplay, their priorities in fights and the editing.

As I said above no movie will please everyone as there are so many differing ways to play DAoC.

You take it the right way:)

since i made some movies myself i know what comments you take to ur heart and what you think is crap comments and what to discard:p
Anyways...keep up the good job:)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Well if you want constructive post. I do like the editing, music is not my taste, but hey can't argue with that. On the playstyle, you moc for no apperant reason and your positioning is very poor. You run into trouble, instead of out, but i guess mids can get away with it more (ohh and get off stick on inc sooner!). Vent seems calm and relax, which is positive again imho.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Overall a nice movie blue. The quality could be better though and also the obvious that has already been said but thats just something you will improve over time.

One thing though, the beard was weak, very weak. Improve that please :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom