[Movie] The Summer Group

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
[Movie] The Summer Group

ok then here goes with my first attempt at a DAoC movie so please be gentle but constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Having watched loads I figured it was about time to throw an attempt together at a movie and this one kind of follows on from Kraben's FOTM2 Movie as we are the same core of people but only recently have we got back together playing regular again in the conveniently named "Summer Group".

This is certainly not any kind of wtfpwnage movie but somethign I put together from clips recorded over two evenings at the end of July where we had some wins and loses and ofc plenty of fun as you may hear in the outro.

Footage is from Spiritmaster PoV (aka debuff monkey and BAoD bot) and yes, I know I'm a long way from being a great SM but I play for fun and know only too well I have plenty of room for improvement.

Music is original as far as I know as I can't ever remember hearing any of it in other DAoC movies and although it won't be everyones taste I wanted tunes that felt upbeat and that I liked as theres nothing worse than editing a movie and listening/timing effects to tunes you dont like lol

Anyway, enough excuses from me I hope people find it as entertaining to watch as we do to play and feel free to post constructive criticism/advice/boohiss you killed us etc ;) (oh and yes I know I dont pan anywhere near as much as I should - learned how bad i can be from going over the footage lol)

Download links:

Filefront:
The Summer Group

Camelot Archive:
Submitted so coming soon hopefully.

Duration: 25mins
File size: 232Mb
Codec: xVid

Finally apologies to anyone I insult (or who feels hard done to) in the movie. I would apologise but the list would be too long and anyway its all done in the best possible taste xD

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Have already watched this movie and can say that its qualitywork :) Excellent editing and nice fights. :worthy:

Ging

Part of the furniture
Kraben said:
Have already watched this movie and can say that its qualitywork :) Excellent editing and nice fights. :worthy:

the quesiton is how many times do I die in it???

auroria

Banned
looking forward to see thi, question though is if u had any of our fights in it!

Ging

Part of the furniture
auroria said:
question though is if u had any of our fights in it!

no n00b, i already stated the question! much more important than your smelly grp.
:m00:

Nate

FH is my second home
i seen it! it's good, but it would have been better with more of me in it ;o like 5mins of staring at me running around everywhere etc ;o

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
i seen it! it's good, but it would have been better with more of me in it ;o like 5mins of staring at me running around everywhere etc ;o
5 seconds on vent is enough to inflict partial brain numbness Nate so no chance :p

"Have you ever been to the Louvre?" wtf roflmfao :D

Nate

FH is my second home
you have to roll your R's, its an old Spike Milligan or something in that era ;p i think Louvrrrrrre

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was quite good, especially the part towards the end where you pop MoC and then proceed to run around like a headless chicken, not casting any spells. :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Filefront is quite slow, I'll add this to the archive once it's done - but it's estimating up to an hour. :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
first what i did like: voicechat (!), music, clean editing, kagato adding and returning within a minute to join the 2-3fg+ zerg

then the critisism: well, ill just say it directly, positioning and your dps coordination is seriously, seriously awful (more like non existant). you seem to be on autorun into the enemy group until you pick a target and then face to nuke it, even though you are like right in the enemy group. did you ask yourself why you run like that?

don't take any of this personal but i think you could really improve on that. if you get interrupted id say its logical to move out of the interrupt instead of further in it, and also it might be a good idea to coordinate your positioning + targets with the rm a bit. currently it looks like you're just running around without much idea you're actually doing it.

anyways, from reading the boards it seems the groups running atm have fun and there's still some action so that's the most important thing :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Booohisss you killed me etc!!

Okay you didn't, we're guildies but still, felt like I needed to say something :p

When're you going to put my fab100 pull in a movie mate? :D

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
I thought it was quite good, especially the part towards the end where you pop MoC and then proceed to run around like a headless chicken, not casting any spells. :)
aye lol hence the subtitle about "Brain Fart Mode" :D

I have no idea what the hell was going thru my head at the time but it was something like "who the hell hid the 2 bainshees" so i think i jsut ran around debuffing stuff and looking for them xD

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
vf - thanks for the input - constructive and direct as usual hehe

Vodkafairy said:
first what i did like: voicechat (!), music, clean editing, kagato adding and returning within a minute to join the 2-3fg+ zerg
cheers :)

Vodkafairy said:
then the critisism: well, ill just say it directly, positioning and your dps coordination is seriously, seriously awful (more like non existant). you seem to be on autorun into the enemy group until you pick a target and then face to nuke it, even though you are like right in the enemy group. did you ask yourself why you run like that?
I wasnt quite as aware how bad my positioning can be until i went over the footage and hence said above its not a wtfpwnageim1337!! movie just intended to be some entertainment. Sometimes I follow MA, others im the MA and sometimes we dont use MA depending on who is available and in the grp as we rarely run with the exact same people. On the 2 nights of the recording we used 11 diff characters but have a pool of approx 15 of us. I do sometimes go on a semi-suicidal run with MoC and my pet and thats one thing thats changing in my gameplay.

Vodkafairy said:
don't take any of this personal but i think you could really improve on that. if you get interrupted id say its logical to move out of the interrupt instead of further in it, and also it might be a good idea to coordinate your positioning + targets with the rm a bit. currently it looks like you're just running around without much idea you're actually doing it.
lol I agree again and sometimes we dont always know what we are doing but we enjoy playing together and win some and ofc lose lots too - we have fun and frustrations but overall we enjoy it and i hoped some of our humour came across in the movie.

Vodkafairy said:
anyways, from reading the boards it seems the groups running atm have fun and there's still some action so that's the most important thing :)
Exactly. Theres plenty of life (and entertainment) left in DAoC yet imo :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Filefront is quite slow, I'll add this to the archive once it's done - but it's estimating up to an hour. :(
Appreciated m8 :)

I dont know any other hosts so just went with fileplanet and yourselves for a torrent seed :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
waiting for movie to be up on archive for torrent, filefront is just too slow atm.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
waiting for movie to be up on archive for torrent, filefront is just too slow atm.

Rubbish! Getting a good ol' firm 45,1 kb/sec here! Zomg :)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Did you get an Alb Fg v Fg fight in all the time you played? :p seems like it was just vs Hibs and albs adding. I say its designed to make us Albies look bad :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
lol I agree again and sometimes we dont always know what we are doing but we enjoy playing together and win some and ofc lose lots too - we have fun and frustrations but overall we enjoy it and i hoped some of our humour came across in the movie.

I fully understand, the critisism is purely on your playstyle and nothing else, I liked watching my own footage and improving my play accordingly. If you release many videos over the years you will see a drastic change in your playstyle, constant improvement and adapting against what the rvr is like :)

...or im just a slow learner :p but anyways, i really think you should stick to the back a lot more and try to get some good communication going with the rest of the dps in your group (know what they are doing, let them know what you are doing, where you are, where they are, etc) - coordinating dps is key

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
swords said:
Did you get an Alb Fg v Fg fight in all the time you played? :p seems like it was just vs Hibs and albs adding. I say its designed to make us Albies look bad :(
I'd say it's an accurate picture of RvR atm. :)

Aside from the usual alb zerglings I'd say Evita's group(s), depending on how many they're running on stick, are the best adders atm. :touch:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Caeli said:
I'd say it's an accurate picture of RvR atm. :)

Aside from the usual alb zerglings I'd say Evita's group(s), depending on how many they're running on stick, are the best adders atm. :touch:

Well i'm hoping some more of the Hardmore /as guilds come back and start running again now the summer is coming to a close, us and Black Falcons are the only ones online these days :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom