Moved?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will said:
I agree with GReaper, except I would not include the Entertainment category at all. I suggested something fairly similar once upon a time, but our hardware mod at the time (who will not be named) didn't like the idea.
I still think all the "general-ish" sub forums should be trashed, they're shit, always have been, always will be.

Plus as an added bonus Trem could give up his mod status & we could ban him for a laugh ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Alright guys - I'll grab Deebs sometime soon and hopefully TTD too and discuss!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll be fucking it up.... err looking into it tomorrow guys....

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jupitus said:
Alright guys - I'll grab Deebs sometime soon and hopefully TTD too and discuss!
Just put all the post back in general mate then turn the old forums into links to general or summin.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Jupitus said:
I'll be fucking it up.... err looking into it tomorrow guys....
Even if nothing comes of it Ill take that as a victory for common sense.

Cheers Jup/folks ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
MYstIC G said:
Plus as an added bonus Trem could give up his mod status & we could ban him for a laugh ;)

Yeah fucking typical, I keep this place alive with the best debates ever for god knows how many years, I then get rewarded with a tiny responsibility to show I mean something to FH then I am going to get it taken off me again.

I fucking hate you guys* :eek:

(*not Teedles)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll make you a general mod Trem, so long as you promise to stick to ketchup with bacon in future :p

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Ok luv, I will try :D

Actually stopped eating bacon since the discussion on here.

Can mods ban other mods?

*looks at Meg*

Draylor

Part of the furniture
No bacon? B-b-b-b-b-b-but how do you survive?

You may as well go full blown veggie freak if you arent going to indulge in bacon :(

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will said:
I agree with GReaper, except I would not include the Entertainment category at all. I suggested something fairly similar once upon a time, but our hardware mod at the time (who will not be named) didn't like the idea.

Aiming at what Will has said... something like:

General
-- General Discussion (the current general forum, but should be a subforum of General instead of having subforums itself)
-- Techie Discussion (taking posts from all hardware/software forums, and AV equipment)
-- Feedback

Thus doing away will all entertainment subforums (posts from there get put in the general discussion forum) and the subforums in the current tech areas (posts from which just float in tech discussion).

Sound about right before I start nuking things?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that looks good imo. was just thinking that it may be cool to have someone whip up some little icons along the lines of a book, a car, etc, that could be stuck on to posts but that may just be a load of administrative overhead tbh.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
What about grouping the Action and FPS/Sims/RTS/Game Consoles together? Just have "Non-DAOC Games Talk", or something. :)

Less clutter ftw!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Would merging some of the DAoC subforums into the main ones be something worth considering as well?

The DAoC Off-Topic forums are similar to the main FH General forum, the DAoC Technical forum is mostly similar to the Hardware/Software forums with an few additional DAoC related threads. It seems quite daft that two entirely seperate communities have been created on the forums (those who play DAoC and those who don't), with very little reason for DAoCers to use other subforums.

The only downside is that there seems to be an "us vs them" for those people who hate the DAoC forums! :p

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
GReaper said:
The DAoC Off-Topic forums are similar to the main FH General forum, the DAoC

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

mank!

Part of the furniture
the entertainment sub-forums should be ditched, general should be a big giant melting pot of everything ever. just like it used to be!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What Mank said.

I dont agree with merging all the fps and rts and sim forums into one though, they work okay as they are.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Jupitus said:
Aiming at what Will has said... something like:

General
-- General Discussion (the current general forum, but should be a subforum of General instead of having subforums itself)
-- Techie Discussion (taking posts from all hardware/software forums, and AV equipment)
-- Feedback

Thus doing away will all entertainment subforums (posts from there get put in the general discussion forum) and the subforums in the current tech areas (posts from which just float in tech discussion).

Sound about right before I start nuking things?

Actually I changed my mind about agreeing with mank after thinking some more.

The above looks good, but I do think that movies, books and music is active enough to be a sub-forum. of General. Or we will have a lot of lost posts in a huge list of active posts on the general forum. Then again that may just lead to more and more subforums. bah.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
The above looks good, but I do think that movies, books and music is active enough to be a sub-forum. of General. Or we will have a lot of lost posts in a huge list of active posts on the general forum. Then again that may just lead to more and more subforums. bah.

Yes, yes, yes.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Thank god for this discussion, now something might be done to stop these forums dying.

I think each forum and sub forum should be looked at in terms of front page turn over, there should be enough new posts for the whole front page of General to turnover at least once a day, and maybe twice.

Any subforum not turning its front page over in a week should be scrapped.

Music? Oldest post on front page currently from Feruary this year!

Books? 15 months ago ffs.

Even Films and TV takes over a month to turn over its front page. People don't look at these forums enough, and so new posts are too rarely made.

Somehow 2 things need to be done. Get more people to join these forums and get them to stay when they'tr here. Back in the BW days people would first visit cos they were playing on the servers. Why do they come here now?

Fuck knows.

Why would they stay? To trawl through pages and pages of sub forums that may or may not contain anything of interest?

The default login for non members only shows posts that are less than a month old, this means that most of the sub forums only show a few posts at best.

We're also losing regulars now, the likes of Bodhi may not talk sense all the time, but without them there is just no fun or argument here. we need to have posts that spark good debates with all sides of the argument represented, and for that we need our pantomime baddies, whatever the mods think.

Anyway, er yeah, sub forums shit, bin the lot.

RB

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
General then General Discussion underneath?

Huh???

Will

/bin/su
I agree with Jups layout. If we have to tweak it later, we can.

I'm not that keen on changing the name to General Discussion, but it makes so much more sense to have a layout like that, rather than the General forum, and then some Subforums listed above it.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry Will but it really doesn't. It'll mean that there are posts both in "General" and in "General Discussion" like in the Action & FPS forum, etc, etc.

Will

/bin/su
But you just don't let people post under "General". Problem solved etc etc.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ah, but then there will be a little lock icon on "general discussion" iirc, leading people to believe that the forum is in fact closed?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll leave general discussion where it is and change the current link at the top to the entertainment so it points at tech discussions, then put all threads from the entertainment area (including sub forums) into general and all threads from tech discussion sub forums into the single tech discussion bit.

Then nuke separate entertainment area.

Errr... is that about right?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
General
-- Feedback

-- General posts which now include all the entertainment ones too

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm still one for moving feedback out of general tbh, it is for the DAoC lot too in theory. However memory was that it was in here for a reason that escapes me at the mo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom