Moved?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So. I know we have a "sports" section of the forum but did the England match post really need to be moved?

It seems posts in "General" need to be about politics, chavs or personal grievances - surely a bit of variation would be good for us all?

Or is some people's loathing of the country's biggest sport so deep that the odd sporting (or movie? or book?) thread here and there should be killed :)

Or am I just needlessly moaning becaue I can rarely be arsed to click through to the other sections? :(

Will

/bin/su
I left a redirect to the post. I don't agree personally with the Entertainment section in general, since it takes away a huge number of posts that would otherwise be in General. Then again, if its there, it should be used, etc etc.

I'll move this to Feedback, eh?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Scouse said:
Or am I just needlessly moaning becaue I can rarely be arsed to click through to the other sections? :(
Na, you are right, guess Will is just in that sort of mood today.

If General cant have anything more than clueless political "look what I read in the Daily Mail today" threads and "OMG my life sucks" whines it may as well not exist at all.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
first people moaned that all was in general. then people moaned that things had been split off from general.

don't blame the mods for trying to uphold what people wanted in the first place.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
TdC: Rules are for breaking, with a little common sense used.

Random sports that generate little general interest belong in sports, the occasional stuff thats likely to get more than just a handful of replies should be in general.

Simple isnt it?

Will

/bin/su
The Sports forum was created after people complained there were too many football threads in the General forum. So it got moved.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If there is a sports forum it should be used ffs!!

The general forum is for everything else that doesnt fit into the other forums that have been created. Its that simple.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
remember the constant "wrong forum ffs" posts if someone "inardvertantly posted on the wrong board?

Mods are there to uphlold the rules - let them do their "thing"

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
ffs, shouldn't this be in the feedback forum? :R0LLEYES:

/coat

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol!

Was just trying to spark a bit of debate as general seems not-very-general-at-all nowadays.

No matter. :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
All this sub forum malarky seems to have reduced the general to little or nothing. I don't agree or disagree either way, just so you all know :).

I rarely read threads in the general forum now as it seems they are mostly filled with comedy arguments and politics (is there a difference)?

I don't blame the mods, I actually blame the regular posters. Never happy, always want more etc. :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You should get rid of most of the sub forums. They just dilute the posts.

TdC

Draylor said:
Simple isnt it?

lol. when we hear from the powers that be that it's ok, then it's ok. until then, the old consensus stands.

TdC

oh, and like I said and will always say, if you want something changed around here, present your case in lucid language to the forum and Deebs/Jup/Whoever will hear of it and maybe take action for or against.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
TdC said:
oh, and like I said and will always say, if you want something changed around here, present your case in lucid language to the forum and Deebs/Jup/Whoever will hear of it and maybe take action for or against.

Ewwww... I don't understanbd lucid - talk pissed to me and I understand perfect.y!

TdC

that's just cos you get all hot and bothered by my drunken slur :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*hoo* *fucking* *ray*

Finally everyone wakes up.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not at all, I have always said there were too many subforums.

As have many others if I recall correctly. It was just that the whiney minority moaned louder about posts not belonging in general. "we dont want entertainment posts in here give them their own forum, no car threads, give them their own forums, no photo threads give them their own forum, no sports talk give them their own forum".

I remember that politics threads were also the subject of "give them their own forums". It seems to me that nothing will be left to discuss in general soon, and that DAOC OT is more general than the general forum.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes I disagree with all the subforums but the fact that they are there means you need to use them else face them being moved!

Is this concept too complicated for the mere mortal to understand?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Or maybe, just maybe, the fact that people don't want to use them suggests that they're unnecessary. This isn't a democracy, but ultimately if people don't like the way things are they should change.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
No poll required. Wait for Deebs tbfh.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
*glances at modstick*

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Nothing wrong with a few subforums, it's just awful if theres too many - which there is at the moment! The more subforums there are, the fewer people tend to visit it, which ends up with fewer people posting to it as well.

I'd say that plenty of forums should be grouped under the General section, eg:

General
-- General Discussion (the current general forum, but should be a subforum of General instead of having subforums itself)
-- Techie Discussion (taking posts from all hardware/software forums, and AV equipment)
-- Entertainment (taking posts from films/tv, petrolheads, books, music, sports)
-- Feedback

Theres plenty of other forums which could be grouped as well, such as Action/FPS games, most RPG forums apart from DAoC/WoW, Sims, etc.

Will

/bin/su
I agree with GReaper, except I would not include the Entertainment category at all. I suggested something fairly similar once upon a time, but our hardware mod at the time (who will not be named) didn't like the idea.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Will said:
...except I would not include the Entertainment category at all...

Actually, I almost agree with this but...

...if we all just tolerate the odd OT post in General, and only move them when a a few similar OT posts are made, then General will more accurately reflect the flavour of the forums as a whole.

Diversity :)

Jeesus I'm getting preachy in my old age aren't I :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually, if I'm thinking about it. These forums are very attentively modded - which is good. But if you guys were just a little less attentive then I think it'll all develop a little more naturally.

Not a crit. of anyone tho. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom