Move Relic if u want

joap

Fledgling Freddie
I just wonder how the guildmaster or officer in charge in Atreides can decide what to do with a relic that he has in his keep, without giving others in the realm a chance to even say a word about it.

What about the people who took the relic and didnt give the other in the realm a chance to even say a word about it?

They can take action that affect the whole realm and are acountable to no one. The atreides decide to make a stand and sudenly they are??

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Taking the relics in the first place is bad for the server. We couldn't do anything about mids AC raiding. They can't do anything about Atreides lowering the keep to lvl1. I agree this is not a good thing but taking the relic in the first place was a bad idea.

There is a difference between not helping your realm and hindering your realm. If you don't like whats going on just release your keeps/towers and leave the roleplayers to defend. Whats the point of screwing up their enjoyment? You want them to stop playing too? I guess the best way to help the population is more people to leave?

You did also help with the taking of the relics. The ACers only took one keep in order to get that relic. 3 are needed. You helped set up insta RvR and claimed those keeps that gave them insta port and easy access to the relics.

Finally is the server in such bad shape that the occasional movement of one relic (even if it was ACed of the weakest realm) is damaging for the server? Things get boring if everything stays the same too long and one relic isn't the end of the world for a few days.

kivik

Part of the furniture
There is a difference between not helping your realm and hindering your realm. If you don't like whats going on just release your keeps/towers and leave the roleplayers to defend. Whats the point of screwing up their enjoyment? You want them to stop playing too? I guess the best way to help the population is more people to leave?

Funny, you say we are destroying their enjoyment. Do you want to guess what they are doing when they AC relics and fuck up iRvR?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Funny, you say we are destroying their enjoyment. Do you want to guess what they are doing when they AC relics and fuck up iRvR?

Great so you have just accepted your actions are SPECIFICALLY designed to destroy their enjoyment. You are as bad as them. Congratulations on ruining your server.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Great so you have just accepted your actions are SPECIFICALLY designed to destroy their enjoyment. You are as bad as them. Congratulations on ruining your server.

No I haven't, I'm not doing anything actually. But Atreides actions are SPECIFICALLY designed to make it easier for hibs to retake the relic so balance between the realms can be upheld, for the good of the server.

Weren't you playing Limors anyways? Now that's ruining this server.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
No I haven't, I'm not doing anything actually. But Atreides actions are SPECIFICALLY designed to make it easier for hibs to retake the relic so balance between the realms can be upheld, for the good of the server.

Kiwik is totally right tbh.

You lot talk about realm spirit and taking relics as the roleplayers you are. But how come the rest of the realm were not invited to the actual raid then?

You contradict yourself by the actions you follow. If you talk about realm spirit why not organise an event at prime time when both albs/mids have equal numbers.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

So Atreides actions are no better than the people who ACed it in the first place. Hibs don't really need a lvl 1 keep to be able to AC the relic back either. Setting a keep to level 1 is not going to help the situation.

I do play Limors now, when I am not playing WAR beta that is. If anyone is interested in re-rolling hib/Limors feel free to get in contact with me either here on FH or ingame on my druid Bagofcoins. I am generally very happy to help people from mid/pryd get started on a new server.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
If I was part of TT I'd feel incredibly screwed atm...

Well they wouldnt feel any more screwed surely?

I'd hope infact that they would be happy to have a GM taking a more reasonable line on this and take it as a vindication of their original actions. Who knows, maybe TT will even feel like coming back to get a fg scrap with NFD, though they know we'll whip em so probably wont.

Nice decision Roaken.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

How do you equate AC raiding with enjoyment? How is this in any way whatsoever destroying enjoyment? I look forward to your explanation.

What gets more enjoyment, a level 1 keep, becoming a prime target and focus point for rvr across all 3 realms, or a l10 keep sitting there with no attackers and the action spread so thin that you wait the length of a water pot dur between battles?

*edit
Actually, if you were a mid involved, is your 'enjoyment' now completely destroyed because of this action - lets hear it from the horses mouth.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Vonwar, Personally i'm not offended at all at your comments and appreciate the time you took for your lengthy reply.

I do actually agree with most of your points and would have np at all in AC'd relics, Roleplayers taking whatever towers/keeps they want to and any kind of raids or relic movement IF and its a very big "IF" we had a much bigger population (like the Limors cluster). There's so many people on all sides that nothing stays the same for long anyway over there and all realms can zerg whatever they want to without effecting morale or playstyles too much. The problem we have on our beloved english cluster is the low population (even tho its seemingly increasing atm) we just cannot keep everyone satisfied.

I'm all for relics moving around keeping things fresh and exciting for everyone and i do miss the old huge relic raids too but realistically our cluster jsut can't support that kind of activity anymore so to try and keep balance imo relics need to stay neutral... at least until we see a significant population increase or additional clustering. The subject of Requiel/GOA's empty promises of fixes to the population are not really the specific subject here so I won't go into them atm.

From my last couple of days playing it seems (as usual) albs have by far the largest population with mids and hibs both getting underpopulation bonuses but since mids AC'd the hib strength relic the mid population seems boosted from what i presume is hibs most likely playing their mid chars. This is NOT good for game balance and I stress again with our low population just brings out the doom and gloom merchants saying teh game is dead etc etc. While this isn't true of course it still lowers morale and changes the way people play hence the detrimental effect on the cluster. Given a higher population then this would have a minimal effect and the relics would just keep moving without substantially effecting realm population balance.

I hope that explains in more detail what i meant with my 1 line reply earlier in this thread and why (at the moment) I disagree with you about keeping the captured relic in a high level keep.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Basically I agree with Gustav and Vonwar. However, I also understand the other peeps' point of view.

Ultimately though, whatever we all think is irrelevant. The game mechanics allow it and the server population is so low that a subset of players can make a decision and have it affect everyone else with or without their consent and without fear of reprisal from the GMs.

If relics are going to wildly imbalance the realms because of the low population then perhaps GOA should simply reset them back to their home keeps and disable the ability to pick them up until the average prime time numbers in 3 realms rise above a certain number.

Personally I'd prefer to see people forced to choose which realm they want to play on a cluster and then have to stick with it, perhaps migrating their other chars from other realms to other clusters. Bring the Spanish and Italian clusters into the English cluster, maybe one or more of the lower population other clusters.

None of this will happen however. No matter how loyal the remaining player base is, or how passionate we may be about the game, the fact remains DAoC does not function as it was originally designed as many of the in-game goals are no longer achievable because of population and structural decisions regarding clustering and the conflict of interest it engenders.

I'm tired of watching the two sides of the relic argument. I understand both. I feel a little sad because my personal favourite thing in DAoC - realm level warfare for relics, which united a realm to fight for and defend them - are pretty much a thing of the past on Dyvet. Since returning I've seen that clustering has had a prohibitive effect on realm loyalty which added to the low population base means its near impossible to to play DAoC at the epic level as was originally intended.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
How do you equate AC raiding with enjoyment? How is this in any way whatsoever destroying enjoyment? I look forward to your explanation.

What gets more enjoyment, a level 1 keep, becoming a prime target and focus point for rvr across all 3 realms, or a l10 keep sitting there with no attackers and the action spread so thin that you wait the length of a water pot dur between battles?

*edit
Actually, if you were a mid involved, is your 'enjoyment' now completely destroyed because of this action - lets hear it from the horses mouth.

Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean nobody else does either. Maybe its the sense of achievement at the end. So the lowering of the level means that the it will be even easier to AC it back. The AC raiders probably wanted to defend their relic and this will make it alot harder.

Do you seriously think that keep will be the focus point for rvr across 3 realms. Look at the server, in order to get more than 3 people in the frontier you need insta rvr and even then most people don't move off their bridge. Do you really see alb and hib groups boating all the way over to fensalir or whever its stored.

I was not a mid involved. What gets more enjoyment; playing on a populated server with plenty of people doing all kinds of activity and if you don't like something you can just avoid it, or playing on Dyvet with action spread so thin that you wait the length of a water pot dur between battles?

Schlippe

Fledgling Freddie
Relic

Since when are u Brad the one to run this server? To decide wut u think is fun and not...?

Nobody gave us relic back when Hib had em all...I u f..feel sorry then sell the account and reroll Hib..

This will start a figth between Mids and nothing else..

So please Atreides follow the words from Von War or lose atleast mine respect in game for ever...

Mammoth Bull

Schlippe

Fledgling Freddie
Facts

Here the facts wut happend when we took the relic...:

Basiclly we were one grp....taking Albs keeps...then went towards Hib keeps..

160 people were online about 49 mids,,,,Dont tell me rest was Albs.....we did kill guards for more than 40 mins in relic gate...since we did have enof people to take relic....we had to run bb ect. to the gate...

We did see one or two Hibs......so tell me wut did the rest hibs do? Did they even care about the relic? and u all feel sorry for em?

When we arrived in Jamtland 5 Hibs tried to jump us on boat....5 hibs!!! That was all the defending...

I really feel sorry if u guys think its ur job to balance the server...come one... u sounds like G.W Bush....

Stop dreaming about old days on the server...i know atleast Bluesky can remember those...but not sure on many others...but those days gone..

So if u wnna balance server...? Please leave mid and reroll as hib...that will do balancing..

Mammoth

kivik

Part of the furniture

160 people were online about 49 mids,,,,Dont tell me rest was Albs.....we did kill guards for more than 40 mins in relic gate...since we did have enof people to take relic....we had to run bb ect. to the gate...

We did see one or two Hibs......so tell me wut did the rest hibs do? Did they even care about the relic? and u all feel sorry for em?

When we arrived in Jamtland 5 Hibs tried to jump us on boat....5 hibs!!! That was all the defending...

I really feel sorry if u guys think its ur job to balance the server...come one... u sounds like G.W Bush....

Stop dreaming about old days on the server...i know atleast Bluesky can remember those...but not sure on many others...but those days gone..

So if u wnna balance server...? Please leave mid and reroll as hib...that will do balancing..

Mammoth

But just why would you want to unbalance the server in the first place?

Don't you realise that 5 hibs is exactly what they can muster up in off-peak hours if not less?

And you should listen to yourself 'Stop dreaming about old days on the server', exactly time to understand that realm spirit is long gone. People here care for all realms for the good of the server.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
But just why would you want to unbalance the server in the first place?

Don't you realise that 5 hibs is exactly what they can muster up in off-peak hours if not less?

And you should listen to yourself 'Stop dreaming about old days on the server', exactly time to understand that realm spirit is long gone. People here care for all realms for the good of the server.

Let alone it was lame cause Hib let all rest of u (us) have double iRvR in their land for so long? Hence u only needed to pve 1 keep only.

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Bearing in mind that a 'server' is a perpetual society where everything is constanly changing you cannot say that you ruined the server, for it goes on, forever changed by the actions of people... never ruined but changed.

kirennia

Part of the furniture

I'd hope infact that they would be happy to have a GM taking a more reasonable line on this and take it as a vindication of their original actions. Who knows, maybe TT will even feel like coming back to get a fg scrap with NFD, though they know we'll whip em so probably wont.

Nice decision Roaken.

Sorry bud, absolutely no way I'd personally come back now without those who got banned having free time put back on their accounts. They aren't admitting they were wrong, they're just basically saying other people can do it but TT couldn't. Prejudice coming from Requiel having played in alb; maybe he had a falling out with one of us I don't know but this is far from a fair outcome.

Stuck in two minds about this. On one side I'm happy it's now possible to do but on the other, I'm very angry about the way it's all handled. Whos to say next week someonelse will do the same thing and not be banned? Is there ever going to be a set of rules laid down for this kind of thing?

Sorry Roaken it's absolutely nothing against you; I think you're a decent guy (spoke to you before etc) but the truth is, I thought Requiel was too until this happened.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure i've pointed this out on many occasions.

Level 1 keep with relic will get attacked during primetime so you have a chance at defending.
Level 10 keep will only get attacked at 3am where the level of it makes zero difference to the 2 defenders online.

Maybe in future people taking a relic will ensure that they own a suitable keep to place it in before raiding.. It's called planning!

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Well..the lv of the keep kept bouncing from 8 to 1 ..to 6 to 1 .. to 5 .... but Hibs ...sat on their asses..and mofo CM came.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH

Mammoth

Nice 1 on taking Relics Tho think you a BIT Pissed off now that Albs got the Relic and now Hold it with all the Hoards at Beno.

I For 1 can't see you making much of an effort to go and take it from there do you?? so really you have to ask you self that 1 Question Was it really worth it I Expect the answer be No lol.

Well done for PVEing the Relic pity now Rerolling Hib will be a no goer hee hee maybe next time you do something as stupid as this you will engage you Brain before giving way to how good you thought you were.

Soulja

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie

Nice decision Roaken.

Whip us :sex: Yes please!! :p

Water under the bridge for most of TT I think (sorry Kir :( ) but personally, yes, it is kinda nice to see a balanced approach to game management being used. I've kidnapped them back into a world of PvE and pain though, muahaha! :D

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice 1 on taking Relics Tho think you a BIT Pissed off now that Albs got the Relic and now Hold it with all the Hoards at Beno.

I For 1 can't see you making much of an effort to go and take it from there do you?? so really you have to ask you self that 1 Question Was it really worth it I Expect the answer be No lol.

Well done for PVEing the Relic pity now Rerolling Hib will be a no goer hee hee maybe next time you do something as stupid as this you will engage you Brain before giving way to how good you thought you were.

Soulja

NOPE not pissed off at all, this was the natural way for the relic to go. If albs just had a tiny bit of common sense and tactical insight...... some may doubt that they have, they would take that relic.

When a relic is in a keep in the frontiers, it is kinda like a soccer match, where the ball is in game. The strongest or the most devious takes it and plays with it. Sadly this is hard to understand for some players.

I do not like CM at all, but i respect an enemy like them, when they for their realm do their duty like some mids also has done, taking a relic, when the other option was to logg off or to go pve.

The time they did take the relic was very well planned. Most mid forces were tied up in the defence of Berkstead, with no teleport possibility, and CM hit and ran with the relic in 5-10 minutes. (partly cause the keep was far too low level) was level 5 at that time, eventhough through a long conversation with the guildmaster of Atreides, had decided to make the keep lvl 8.

Things happen, but i couldnt help laughing as it happened, i sat on our gulid VT and couldnt help saying "did'nt i say so yesterday" and my friends gave me right, I did say the day before, that within a very short period of time, albs would make an attempt, and take it if possible.

Thank you albs for not disapointing me, i would have been very surprised if you had dropped it on the ground, you would have been ready for capital punisment by your realm mates in Camelot :)

Morale of the story: Mids stop beeing so god damn naive, be some more realistic, loyal, and cooperative.

Albs we can always count on you at least. You do your duty, and what more can one expect.

Hibs: 3 months ago you had 6 relics, you have been overpowered by Mythic, you have had lvl 30 command while the other realms had lvl 20. Something say me it is not worth playing that realm. This is the second time in 6 months where you dont even try to get your relic back. The last time it was in Alb for several weeks, and you went around killing mids in hadrians instead of taking your relic, even as mids owned 3 alb keeps which had helped you getting your stuff back. I must say i have never been impressed by hibernian tactics, and you keep on proving me right.

If ppl roll hibs i certainly hope they go to another cluster, cause cross-realming we can live without.

Vonwar

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Its a clustered server, that means two servers that have merged into one. Of course people are going to switch realms about, hell, they did it when both servers were seperate(I had hiblets on Excal when I got bored of Alblets on Prydwen)

So you are now telling people they must choose one or another "for the good of the realm"

So, in that case, you would want insane mounts of people playin one realm?

Yea that works, lets get a 600 man zerg goingkkthx!

For Arthur!!!

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Its a clustered server, that means two servers that have merged into one. Of course people are going to switch realms about, hell, they did it when both servers were seperate(I had hiblets on Excal when I got bored of Alblets on Prydwen)

So you are now telling people they must choose one or another "for the good of the realm"

So, in that case, you would want insane mounts of people playin one realm?

Yea that works, lets get a 600 man zerg goingkkthx!

For Arthur!!!

Best solution would be:

1. Multi lingual skins. (you choose GB/GE/FR as you logg on)
2. 3 Clusters in EU
3. Char move to cluster 1 - 2- 3.

Then you may play Alb on cluster1, hib on cluster2 and mid on cluster3.

I know it is not done or may not be possible at the moment, but how hard can it be for them to make it.

It is annoying to see ppl you thought beeing your realm mate, fight for the enemy, in a game like this. Just like a game of call of duty or cs, you just switch to the winning team, if you dont like it where you are.

Too much work too much effort, too much love and affection ppl have put in their chars on "their" realm, it is a pity that some just move around like whores to the better paying customer "meaning the winning realm". It is a nuisance to see mid 3 months ago, 50 online in prime time, i fully understand how hibs might have it now.

Something must happend, or else you have 25 hardcore mids, 25 hardcore hibs that refuse to give up, and 400 albs. Personally i would rather play another game than switch realm.

Vonwar

joap

Fledgling Freddie
Going from the current whine. It seems hibs got the first ACed relic back. There was insta RvR in Alb and mids ACed an alb relic.

You need a new crystal ball Field. :)
It's back at Fens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom