Help Mouse pointer rubber banding.....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so i've been playing AoC for about a week now, the game is great and all but i have one pretty major problem.

every time i have a key pressed down and move my mouse at the same time the pointer starts to rubber band. IE its moving the way i want it to and then "rubber band" back slightly, then keep going the way i want and then rubber band back again. and the funny thing is that its only happening in AoC.

its pretty much killing me in combat as i miss klicking spells and stuff because of it.

the mouse i have is a microsoft sidewinder.

i have installed all the latest dricers i could find but its not helping. anyone heard of this before or knows of a solution?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
no idea, not seen that before, only thing that springs to mind is are you using hardware cursor or similair option and is so , tweak it

or mouse acceleration in windows ?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ive had this problem with my logitech 518 mouse, from what i read few months ago its the optical thingie malfunctioning, there were threads in varoius forums suggesting switching off settings in windows and removing drivers etc none worked for me.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Coding Horror: Mouse DPI and USB Polling Rate

You can try altering the usb polling rate - this may or may not make devices explode, or ruin windows. If it has only started happening lately, then it probably is nothing to do with what I mentioned unless you have a new usb device interfering though somehow I doubt that.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Coding Horror: Mouse DPI and USB Polling Rate

You can try altering the usb polling rate - this may or may not make devices explode, or ruin windows. If it has only started happening lately, then it probably is nothing to do with what I mentioned unless you have a new usb device interfering though somehow I doubt that.

problem is that its ONLY happening when i play age of Conan. nowhere else.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Are you playing on a laptop?

I've had this problem before, I know what you mean. In Windows, fine. When I start the game up, the mouse moves 'late', like it's thinking then it moves slowly then it catches up with where it ought to be.

I fixed it by plugging in my laptop, and restarting the game. I know, crazy huh?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
no. playing on a "grown up" PC :)

and its not really "slow" its just skipping back and fourth whenever i move the mouse while having a key pressed down on the keyboard.

kinda like bouncing a ball against a wall but the wall is moving in whatever direction your trying to move the mouse to.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
is it the same key you are pressing? Perhaps that key is bound to the mouse somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom